Third post, yay.

I got a minor question conserning the online mode... how's the character/enemy synchronization in PSU? What I mean by synchro is what data is transferred over the net and how well it's synchronized between different players. Like in PSO the enemy locations were not transferred, which led to some weird situations where players would be hacking away enemies that didn't exist. Also coordinating attacks was pratically impossible.

Anyway, it's a minor issue, but I'd still like to know.

Cheers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razan on 2006-10-04 12:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razan on 2006-10-04 12:23 ]</font>
    Transcend and include!

Well...

Basically the server keeps track of where enemies are, but very loosely. If there's a player that's lagging badly (bottlenecked either via connection or graphics card can't handle it) and he's attacking a monster that's not supposed to be there, the server adapts and tries to make it so that he's actually attacking that monster. Other players would have their enemy location updated and suddenly the monster warps from one location to where the monster is.

It isn't perfect though; there have been cases where players have attacked monsters that weren't there, and monsters from afar would suddenly get hit for no reason.

I've also had a few cases of going into an area where there the monsters are supposed to be cleared (happened only in Raphon Plains Part I so far)... basically the game would start without me, and the players may be in like block 3. I'd join the party and suddenly there are these three monsters which I can't deal damage to, but they can damage me! Weird, huh.

If you want co-ordinated attacks, just make sure everyone's on a high-end GPU with 100% game speed until SEGA pulls their head out of their ass and implements auto frameskip. How dare they put such a function in games like Outrun 2006 but not in games like PSU. =/

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, that's basically what I wanted to know. It seems that it's gotten a little better, but still not quite there...

I'm going to get the 360 version so the machine power shouldn't be a problem. But we'll see.
    Transcend and include!