Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

I find I can quickly shock a mob of weaker enemies with a mechgun equipped with an electric bullet. It doesn't last particularly long, but it can make a difference to any Hunters in the thick of it.

In addition, the use of traps is totally exclusive to Rangers in Network Mode at the moment.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

On 2006-10-04 19:12, A2K wrote:
    I find I can quickly shock a mob of weaker enemies with a mechgun equipped with an electric bullet. It doesn't last particularly long, but it can make a difference to any Hunters in the thick of it.
    That's slick. Ima go try that out.

On 2006-10-04 19:10, foamcup wrote:
    You know you can carry six weapons on a quick select bar right? Keep a couple rifles (or whatever your weapon of choice is) on there with different elements. Much easier to switch it up.
    Thats what i said lol

On 2006-10-04 19:26, Rizen wrote:
    On 2006-10-04 19:10, foamcup wrote:
    You know you can carry six weapons on a quick select bar right? Keep a couple rifles (or whatever your weapon of choice is) on there with different elements. Much easier to switch it up.
    Thats what i said lol
    *reads again*

Lol, wow, my eyes skipped over that part, sorry.

Np. I updated the first post a bit.
    Do give more opinions about different weapons rangers use.

Again correct me if I am wrong.
    Knife/Handgun combo: I personally like this combo. Knives are quick and do decent damage in a short amount of time, allowing me to get in and out when I need to get upclose. The icing on the cake here is the PA that knocks the enemy back. The Handgun is good for making enemies flinch while you are getting close to or away from an enemy as well. If you a Bullets like Electric or Ice, it allows you to stop enemies in place or actions giving you more time to do what you need. Only downfall here is the damage.

Rifes: Excellent weapon for Ranger, and namely our trademark weapon. Rifes deal the second highest damage from the ranged weapon category. Rifles have a long reach which allows Ranger to stay further away from damage with a short recoil time. Rifles also have a decently large amount of PP and uses very little which allows you to fire more shots. Also, Rifles have the best chance of SE landing on an enemy.

Laser Cannon: My favorite weapon so far. Laser Cannon deal the highest amount of damage out of the ranged weapons so far. It has a large range and can hit multiple enemies in a linear formation or next to each other. Major downfalls to this weapon is the PP cost of each shot and the recoil time.

Thats my thoughts for now.

when you level up bullets do you have to level each element for each weapon or do you just level like rifle bullets ,hand gun bullets, etc.

On 2006-10-04 19:57, Jade4r5 wrote:
    when you level up bullets do you have to level each element for each weapon or do you just level like rifle bullets ,hand gun bullets, etc.
    Yep, each weapon has a seperate disk for bullet element type.
    I think I will make more sense if I explain in an example. So if you buy a Electric Bullet disk for a Shotgun, it wont level up your Electric Bullet for your Handgun or other ranged weapons. So you have to spend time leveling up each weapon type's element bullet. Its kinda like PA arts. Theres about 6 elements for each Ranged Weapon (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Dark, Light).

Edit: I think I will add this info on the first post, good question!
    Edit Again: Updated!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-04 20:20 ]</font>

I'm liking the mechgun/dagger combo. When I get the money for a freeze or shock bullet, I'm going to see how effective it is at stopping the monsters so I can slash them up. The longbow is looking pretty good to me, but I haven't played with it much, so I won't say anything about it yet.

Rifles are nice. I just switch to first-person view and shoot up all the monsters before they get to me, lol. I'm thinking they're great for bosses, but if it's a boss with different areas that can be targeted, then maybe the cannon instead. I'll look at that if I get some time tomorrow.

Yeah agreed, Rifles are the best gun in boss fights IMO.
    I did try out the Knife/Mechgun a few hrs ago and it works ok...just the PP it uses up is crazy.
    But then again...if you use the Knife while it recharges I guess thats good.

Are there any ranger videos with Laser Cannons in action out there? I've spotted a few Ranger videos but they only showed rifles/twin handguns/mechguns/combos.