Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Heya all. I'm looking for a place for us wannabe Forces to talk about techincs. Strenghts, ablities, weaknesses, etc.

So I came up with this little thread.

I just want to start a compilation of uses and tactics for TECHNICS, as well as opinions of the spells themselves.

I'm going to critic the single target spells found in the X360 beta, since that is all I really go off of.

Foie: Great single target damage, reliable flight path, 8 (lower) PP cost, and has a nice status effect of burning
    Overall: 8/10

Barta: Low single target damage, but can hit more than one target. Reliable flight path. 10 (higher) PP cost. Has a great status effect (Freeze completely stops enemies), but doesn't seem to work often.
    Overall: 5/10

Zonde: Low single target damage, but can hit more than one target. Reliable flight path. 10 (higher PP cost). Has a good status effect (shock), but doesn't seem to work too often.
    Overall: 5/10

Diga: Very high single target damage. Unreliable flight path, and hard to aim. 8 (lower) PP cost. Status effect is poor compared to the others.
    Overall 8/10

My hopes -- I really love Barta, however I use Diga more because of its high damage. I wish Barta had a good use, but right now, I only use it on ice-weak enemies.

A question of mine is -- is there anyway to make Barta compare in single target damage to Foie/Diga?

Down for the Getdown

USE ON ENEMIES WEAK TO ICE AND/OR LEVEL IT UP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-10-19 13:26 ]</font>

in other stages there are fire elements mnsters so barta will come in handy there.

Dont forget that it gets kinda huge when it reaches higher levels, thus more monsters will be hit..

I played through the japenese version as strictly a force. Diga is incredibly over powering though barta is kind of weak at times at higher levels it def makes a come back. I'm hoping that when the US version comes out that they quickly get the light and dark spells released.

As stated before in the ranger post, and one of my posts, the general idea in PSO has been fire is the strongest element , that seems true in PSU as well , with Foie and fire PA bullets getting a higher %ATP (or TAP) bonus than ice or lightning , earth seems to be a power elemnet as well. But do take in to consideration that Ice can freese , and Lightning can shock , both of those are very useful .
    something to watch out for is that earth spells can actually silence enemies , which combined with its foie like damage potential , is looking like a really good line of spells.

not to mention the element bonus from using different elements to match the weakness of the mob

in short : Dont be tempted to use only fire element becuase of it high %ATP mod , but make sure you have each element reasonably levled (and feel free to let a rafoie blast go on serveral smaller enemies that are weaker to fire and/or an ice based boss with many target points)

Edit thanks Etehr and others. as far as the tier spells go from what im told (as far as %tap goes),

earth>fire lightning>ice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-10-19 18:56 ]</font>

-h
    Dallas, but it's not the same without cursing, okay?!

I could dig an SL-1200 MK2.

On 2006-10-19 13:38, Grr wrote:
    As stated before in the ranger post, and one of my posts, the general idea in PSO has been fire is the strongest element , that seems true in PSU as well , with Foie and fire PA bullets getting a higher %ATP (or TAP) bonus than ice or lightning , earth seems to be a power elemnet as well. But do take in to consideration that Ice can freese , and Lightning can shock , both of those are very useful .
    something to watch out for is that earth spells can actually silence enemies , which combined with its foie like damage potential , is looking like a really good line of spells.

not to mention the element bonus from using different elements to match the weakness of the mob

in short : Dont be tempted to use only fire element becuase of it high %ATP mod , but make sure you have each element reasonably levled (and feel free to let a rafoie blast go on serveral smaller enemies that are weaker to fire and/or an ice based boss with many target points)
    Earth seems to have the highest % damage (and or TAP). Earth just has the parabolic flight path which lacks range and makes it hard to target.

I think that Itsuki-chan posted that Earth and Fire has the same % damage with guns but thats guns and this is spells lol
    I kinda noticed offline that my Earth and Fire spells did roughly the same amount of damage in some cases.

Well, the Dark and Light atrribute spells will be released on the US servers the same amount of time it took to release them on the JP servers.

Anyway, To get the most usage out of your technics, make Elemental rods and don't mix your elements. EX. If you want really strong Barta, make an elemental Ice rod/wand (synth the board with a reiphoton) with only ICE attribute spells, eg. Barta and Gibarta. Also, grinding your rods helps to further enhance your spell's potency.

All the spells are equally effective despite what the newer forces speculate. Each have their uses.

>Diga: Powerful yet slow, great for slow enemies. Silence helps sometimes. May take awhile to get used to it, but if you master this one, you'll dish out major damage.

>Barta: Great mob spell. Freezing is effective for your own protection, especially when soloing. Level it up early for fast leveling. Great for taking out De Regan(raffon) and Onmagoug(mizuraki).

>Zonde: Also a good multi-hitter, similar to Barta, with its shock side-effect. This spell is great against Bysha (in Haruka) as well.

>Foie: A faster single hit spell than diga, good for beginners in that aspect. Only spell-type that can damage the monster even after you hit it (with burning).

Also, when taking missons only take weapons spells you need.