Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master of Ceremonies

I've been trying out my Force for a while now, got 'em to level 67 and it was so easy, far easier than story mode. I hear Online mode is much harder, but how much so?

The spells are crazy powerful, I can kill most non-boss monsters with a single shot, and multiples (Well, 2 at a time...) no less. Anything that doesn't die in one shot, definitely dies in two.

I personally don't want it to be that easy, and I know Online mode is said to be "10x" harder, and that Forces (Well, Newmen mainly.) seem to die "in one hit." Can anyone tell me if this is so? I've been trying hard to stay away from PSU news/videos (Of online play, at least.) as much as possible as I'd like to save THAT for tomorrow when Gamestop finally gets it in stock. But now I'm cracking up out of frustration. GET IT IN STOCK ALREADY, THREATEN THE DAMN UPS MAN! UPS < PSU.

Well, that and my beast is only level 20, so I don't know if it gets easier for other classes/races later on. Transforming is fun though. Very shiny.

Also, hi! I think I made an account on PSO-World back in '01, under Xbob42, but that account appears inactive and I can't seem to retrieve the password, so, 5 years later, here I am making a new one. That's quality procrastination!

So, does anyone have any inklings as to my question?

Well i hear the force damage is a bit to high at low levels but at 20 + it starts to even out with other classes, most the newmans dying in one hit were just playing stupid...like standing right on top of the boss and nuking then geting hit for 1k

FO takes skill at high lvls, things just wont stand there and hit the beast fortehunter theyll randomly charge you so you have to just be awake and have some skill to play one well and not die 10 times in one mission

Master of Ceremonies

I haven't had any trouble thus far. Keeping a distance is easy when things are dead before they touch you. My biggest trouble comes from enemies that shoot multiple fire/iceballs at me as I'm in casting stance (I use a staff...) so I get hit very hard like that. Gotta be quick with the monomates, resta is a bit hard to use in a sticky situation if you're solo.

Also, the damage never evened out for me, it stayed uberhigh all the way through as long as I used the right element. <3 Crits for 3k+. (Even with my under-par gear. Though I can afford the 560k S-Ranks now...)

Also, can you do this online? Offline, when I was just a wee nooblet, I chucked my clothes for something near 25k meseta. Got me a few sweet spells and a much better wand right out of the oven, so from the start I was killing things in one shot. Selling your clothing for weapons is awesome. But can you do it online? Or is the price for clothing lowered? Because at that rate, I don't see what would stop people from making a few dozen characters (After deleting a used one, of course...) and selling the noob clothing for cash, dropping it off with a buddy or in the shared box and then repeating until you have a fat wallet...

Online is alot diffrent from offline, damage is much lower mobs have more hp(at later lvls) and stuff is alot more expensive and you get lower stats and stuff and the clothing you start with and weapons all sell back for like 1-3 meseta lol

Ive seen lots of high level japaense importers speak and they all say its pretty balanced at high end

Also there's even some force spells that dont even work in online, like that Ice one you hold the button down and it makes huge ice cubes infront of you and annihlates everything lol

Heres a force in action at around max lvl, notice the one die about 4 times in this mission lol, also that boss has major dfp

http://zephyr.psupedia.org/psuvid19.avi (submited by Kamica in the New Screenshot and movie thread)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-24 17:53 ]</font>

Master of Ceremonies

Good to know. Sounds like Sonic Team caught on quick and didn't miss a beat this time. Except for that whole "We didn't expect 80,000 more subscribers" thing.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

On 2006-10-24 17:43, Xbob wrote:
    I haven't had any trouble thus far. Keeping a distance is easy when things are dead before they touch you. My biggest trouble comes from enemies that shoot multiple fire/iceballs at me as I'm in casting stance (I use a staff...) so I get hit very hard like that. Gotta be quick with the monomates, resta is a bit hard to use in a sticky situation if you're solo.

Also, the damage never evened out for me, it stayed uberhigh all the way through as long as I used the right element. <3 Crits for 3k+. (Even with my under-par gear. Though I can afford the 560k S-Ranks now...)

Also, can you do this online? Offline, when I was just a wee nooblet, I chucked my clothes for something near 25k meseta. Got me a few sweet spells and a much better wand right out of the oven, so from the start I was killing things in one shot. Selling your clothing for weapons is awesome. But can you do it online? Or is the price for clothing lowered? Because at that rate, I don't see what would stop people from making a few dozen characters (After deleting a used one, of course...) and selling the noob clothing for cash, dropping it off with a buddy or in the shared box and then repeating until you have a fat wallet...
    I hear your cloths and weapons are worth 1 mesta.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Extra Mode is like Online mode, except nerfed so bad, it makes a nerf ball fell like a brick.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Master of Ceremonies

It sounds like the only advantage I shall have is how much I own when I get online. Ah well, at least it won't be a breeze.

Well I remember seeing a video on youtube about a force with wings and it completely owned all the monsters, i saw it in this post about the ps2 version experiencing slow downs

That is the OFFLINE mode, which is not the same as ONLINE. Alot of the offline stuff in that video is not even available online, at least not "yet".