Mister Cellophane

I've checked the forum search, so please have mercy on me.

My problem is that when I try to access online play, I get a full black screen and an error message, viewable after I pull up the task manager (Windows XP) to get the screen back. It says that the game couldn't connect to the gameguard update server and that I should try again later or adjust my settings if I am behind a firewall.

Now, I've forwarded the ports (11000, 11001, 11100, 11101, and 12000~12010) necessary (I assume that going under Windows Firewall, which is in Windows Security Center, then going to "advanced," clicking settings, and finally adding the ports one by one is forwarding).

And yet, it still doesn't work on anything but my admin account, and that's reserved for system work only, for the protection of the root from the internet.

I've posted this on the official forum, but I haven't received a reply and it's been eight hours. Can someone please help me?

Mister Cellophane

An update:
    I've just found that I can't play offline, either. Not exactly the same problem, since the black window doesn't take up the whole screen, but it does hide the error window. I also added the ports under "exceptions" of the Windows Firewall window. So frustrating...

Mister Cellophane

C'mon, people. Anybody?

Never have enough time.

You need to have admin privileges on your PC to install just about any game. Most of us are playing on home computers and have them. If you are using a work PC, my advice is don't install it. If you don't have admin privileges on a home machine, ask whoever set it up to give them to you or install it for you.

Mister Cellophane

It's not the installation. I've installed it, and it works. I've played the game on my admin partition. I want to be able to play it on my limited account. Is that even possible?

Never have enough time.

Ah, I see. You want to play as a regular user. Sorry, I have not tried that. From what you are experiencing, my guess is that you can't.

Mister Cellophane

Ah, stupendous. Just awesome...Now I can either not play PSU, or I can get virus/spam-ridden.

Never have enough time.

On 2006-10-30 17:01, ZaiV2 wrote:
    Ah, stupendous. Just awesome...Now I can either not play PSU, or I can get virus/spam-ridden.
    Hey, it's not that bad. Just practice safe internet usage while logged on with your admin account. Don't go to pron sites, don't install 'utilities' or 'performance enhancement' software from the internet. Or even better - don't surf at all while logged onto your admin account. Virus/spy/adware doesn't appear from nowhere... you have to let it onto your machine.

Mister Cellophane

This is good. Thank you.