Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just completed story mode, and I'm very confused.

What? There is so much shit left unexplained. Namely Magashi. He died, became SEED Magashi, and became his regular self again at the SEED Hive? Did I miss a couple chapters? And what was his connection to SEED. And they never say where SEED came from. Ugh.

Also, what's the point of online mode? SEED was wiped out in the offline game, so why are we killing monsters online? If I missed something, my apologies. But it seems very vague.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2006-11-03 02:29 ]</font>
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

(Insert music Result 2 from Phantasy Star Universe soundtrack)

Sadly near the end I really felt this game was REALLY rushed... I mean what your saying and all had me saying what the hell too..

Extra mode HIVE is a hell of a let down too, the Ruins a.k.a HIVE is short and felt rushed like hell. The final boss was cool and all but was also easy as hell too. He just sorta comes in, and I'm not sure if the voice that says "You will not escape" was Dark Falz or what? The demi-creature sublife on PSO was hinted at a lot time to time in PSO and gave us a hint of the orgin of Falz and why the last set of people sealed him. In this one it leaves you confused as hell, how where they too late to save the others? What happen to them? Was Dark Falz just already unsealed and taking a cruise in the universe free and looking for A-Photon munchies? S.E.E.D are attracted to A photons to feed on but what purpose arte they after and why was Dark Falz with them? How did Magashi even know about Falz? What where the scientist captured for? In the end it semed they where on a tight deadline and Ethan's only purpose was to save his friends, he didn't even question what the heck was up with that final battle >.>

None of this has anything to do with Dark Falz. The bosses name was just like that because it's a trademark in the PS games to cast that name on their final bosses.

The two games are highly unrelated and share only minute likeness in things such as money form, and item names. Kinda like the Final Fantasy games.

And what do you mean why are we fighting monsters online? That's like saying "Omg I just killed Dark Falz, so how can I run ruins again and kill him again that makes NO SENSE OMG"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-03 02:50 ]</font>

I was under the impression that the online mode was meant to be a continuation of the offline story of PSU. Anyway, there were a ton of plot holes in the story.

Why was Magashi and the Endrum Collective kidnapping A-Photon Researchers? Also, when Magashi kidnapped Taragi, before he first dies and comes back in Seed form, how did he even know of the existence of the HIVE? Apparently all the scientists that had been kidnapped were sent to the HIVE satellite but that was supposed to have been crawling with SEED.

I presumed that the capsules on the HIVE that people were being held in were used to experiment on how to make the SEED infect humanoid life forms but no one ever raised the question the entire time they were there. The whole connection between the SEED and A-Photons was never even touched sadly either.

Maybe Online mode will touch on the loose ends in the future. Offline could've had a better story if they had covered more plot holes.
    JP PSU: Kaist lvl 178 FI 20/FM 20

Maybe the holes are purposeful because they are played out in online missions. There are story missions being released online in the future too you know.

Wicked User/Axel Factor Cultist AxelgearVII's Avatar

On 2006-11-03 03:20, daylight129 wrote:
    Maybe the holes are purposeful because they are played out in online missions. There are story missions being released online in the future too you know.
    I'm really hoping that's the truth. Because the offline story had about as many holes in it as a chain link fence.
    Decade long veteran of PSO, PSO Ep1&2, PSOBB, and PSUJP. Axel or VII will do.

you wanna talk about holes in the story??

remember PSO?

PSO? WTF IS PSO AND Y DO U PPL KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!!

jk

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

yeah but PSO never pretended to be an offline story driven game. Magashi has a wonderful character design. I just wish he had some sort of character to go along with it. Basically, the conclusion of the offline story mode is pretty damn horrible. Nothing is solved. Magashi never reveals why he's hell bent on destroying everything or his ties with the seed. Not cool Sonic Team.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flame on 2006-11-03 12:12 ]</font>

Wait until the network mode story missions start up...

Remember, Magashi is a cast...like Lou, or should I say... the Lou[b]s[/b].
    There's a puppeteer playing a foul game throughout Story Mode...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-11-03 13:06 ]</font>