Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Almighty Guy Who Kills Stuff

I know that a lot of you out there are waiting to cheat in PSO Ep. 1 & 2. I don't care what your reason is, it doesn't really matter. I have a suggestion to you though: Go out right now, to Babbages, GameStop, EB, or wherever, and buy Diablo II for the PC, w/ or w/o the LoD expansion. Then, take it home, install it, and go online and download all the hacks and cracks and cheats and utilities and whatever else you want, and go on B.Net. Once you have done this, you can strive to become the most skilled cheater ever in the most corrupt online community known to man. Sounds fun, eh? Certainly more fun than just entering codes that you read online into a GameShark...

Droid Hunter, Killer of Rappies

Considering that there is no GameShart/Xploder/CodeBreaker coming out for the GC, please go ruin Diablo. That game is beyond help, anyways.

The Almighty Guy Who Kills Stuff

Actually, I'm pretty sure that GameShark or something of the like will come to GC. But that's not my point. One way or another, cheating will come to GC; I'm assuming that gamers will eventually be CAPABLE of cheating on PSO Ep. 1 & 2. I'm just requesting that they take their business somewhere else.

It's a question of how bad and when, not if. I suspect that cheating will be bad as it was on the DC versions, at least in terms of items; I doubt you'll see pk/ck/NOL, etc. this time around.

Check out gameshark's web page. They have pics of Gamecube gameshark in action for games such as Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, and Resident Evil.

On 2002-11-18 08:20, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    It's a question of how bad and when, not if. I suspect that cheating will be bad as it was on the DC versions, at least in terms of items; I doubt you'll see pk/ck/NOL, etc. this time around.

Check out gameshark's web page. They have pics of Gamecube gameshark in action for games such as Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, and Resident Evil.
    They might have been able to develop it, but that doesn't mean that Nintendo will let them publish it.

Nintendo can't stop them. The only things they can do is do what SONY did to Bleem - That is, tell stores that if they carry gameshark, they cannot carry GC items as well.

Way back when the first cheat device was released (Game Genie) Nintendo took the manufacturer to court, trying to prevent its release - They failed, and there haven't been any legal challenges since then.

Chao Abuser

hmmmm... doesnt look promising now does it?

On 2002-11-18 08:31, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    Nintendo can't stop them. The only things they can do is do what SONY did to Bleem - That is, tell stores that if they carry gameshark, they cannot carry GC items as well.

Way back when the first cheat device was released (Game Genie) Nintendo took the manufacturer to court, trying to prevent its release - They failed, and there haven't been any legal challenges since then.
    Well, the biggest difference with the GameCube hardware and everything else is that it uses a non standard reading device. (Someone already talked about this somewhere else.)

With Bleem, the Dreamcast can boot regular CD-Rs if you know how to do it right. Sony could not stop them from using the CD-R discs even if they wanted to be asses and try to claim that they own all of the rights to the format.

And about the GameGenie. It's really easy for a hardware manufacturer to make a PCB with some EPROMs on it.

The thing about the GameCube's disc, as I have read, is that for one thing it's a special format (duh.) It's not just a cut down DVD because I have seen elsewhere that there's some sort of added copy protection mechanism (sorta similiar to the idea Nintendo had with the lockout chip for the NES.) Panasonic apparently worked with Nintendo to create the disc format that the GameCube uses, and also, Panasonic will not give unlicensed developers hardware needed to make the discs, and I have a feeling that Nintendo isn't going to be happy with Interact if they try to license their product.

On 2002-11-18 08:20, TeamPhalanx wrote:

And you call yourself the last legit?lmao

On 2002-11-18 15:58, Nuriyan wrote:
    And you call yourself the last legit?lmao
    So, you're saying legits are delusional into believing that cheating won't ever exist?