Hey there, PSOW community. I've had the game for a couple weeks now and I just wanted to say that I am having a hell of a good time playing offline with friends and by myself. Eventually I intend to go online, but I just wanted to hear from some other people who have only played offline, and what their impressions of the game are. I was also wondering about rare drops offline. Is there a difference? I seem to only be getting "mid level" rares like DB sabers (of which i have 5). I am whitill if it helps. Not so much a complaint as a question. Well that's all. Rock on.

Canis Domini

I'm also having a ball playing offline. None of my chars are to the point where they're finding rares yet (except the odd Photon Drop or AddSlot) - I've been playing them pretty equally, so there isn't one character whose level just towers above the others. I just beat Normal Ep1 with my HUmar (also Whitill), and the other three chars aren't far behind. I have kids now, so I don't have hours to spend playing and leveling offline like I used to on the DC version. So, I can't answer your question about rare drops.

However, I'm thoroughly enjoying solo offline play. Splitscreen multi makes it nice and easy to transfer your good finds from one char to another. I can dig it.