Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

-What is the Shopkeepers' Guild?

The Shopkeepers' Guild is an informal group of shopkeepers who agree to abide by a single simple rule when selling items.

-What is the purpose of the Shopkeepers' Guild?

Player shops have slowly devolved to the point that they are nearly useless. Most shops' items are priced higher than NPC - and the time it takes to find the 1 or 2 (out of dozens) that are not overpriced is not worth the savings. The Shopkeepers' Guild is an attempt to combat this in a creative manner. It should result in a much better situation for both buyers and sellers.

-So what is the rule?

All common (purchasable at NPC) items must be priced at 80% or less than NPC price in your shop. For example, the maximum you could sell marseline would be 1200*.8 = 960, nanocarbon would be 2500 * .8 = 2000, etc.. A more complete list of prices will be posted in the future. You are free to price rare (items that cannot be purchased at NPCs) for whatever you like.

-So how do I join?

The last 3 characters of your advertisement must be exactly: "$KG". This will enable other members of the guild to quickly and easily recognize your shop when looking for goods, as well as being able to explicitly search out other members of the guild.

-What is to prevent people from breaking the rule?

A black list of players who add to the $KG to their advertisement, but do not abide by the rule, will be posted and maintained. All members of the shopkeeper's guild are strongly encouraged to never visit blacklisted shops. Similarly, any members who find another member breaking the rule are encouraged to report the user for black listing. Hopefully this list will not become too long.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dire on 2006-11-09 23:02 ]</font>

A preliminary listing of NPC prices on items. To determine the max selling price for $KG members, multiply any price listed here by 0.8.

Materials:
    Photon - 200
    El-Photon - 200
    Im-Photon - 200
    Carlian - 100
    Peparian - 800
    Meganite - 100
    Giganite - 800
    Harnium - 100
    Soldonium - 800
    Gamotite - 100
    Zepotite - 800
    Soural - 100
    Speral - 800
    Ancelaline - 50
    Wenceline - 100
    Aporaline - 300
    Dianaline - 600
    Marseline - 1200
    Uptelline - 2000
    Nanosilica - 500
    Nanocarbon - 2500
    Metasilica - 500
    Ortasilica - 500
    Ortacarbon - 2500
    Hot Berry - 50
    Cold Berry - 50
    Sweet Berry - 50
    TransAcid - 50
    Metamor Acid- 100
    Ether Acid - 200
    Lambda Acid - 800
    Par Wood - 150
    Par Ash - 1000
    Mot Wood - 150
    Mot Ash - 1000
    Neu Wood - 150
    Neu Ash - 1000

Weapons:
    1 star - 350
    2 star - 800
    3 star - 2000
    4 star - 8600

Weapon Boards:
    1 star - 180
    2 star - 350
    3 star - 1000
    4 star - 4300
    5 star - 9250

Armor:
    1 star - 1000
    2 star - 2400
    3 star - 6000
    4 star - 18000

Armor Boards:
    1 star - 400
    2 star - 960
    3 star - 2400
    4 star - 6000
    5 star - 15000

Miscellaneous Items:
    Monomate – 50
    Dimate – 150
    Trimate – 500
    Antimate – 100
    Moon Atomizer – 350
    Photon Charge – 500
    Traps – 100
    Trap Gs – 500
    Grinder Base C – 100
    Grinder Base B – 500

Blacklisted players by username:

-empty-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dire on 2006-11-09 23:04 ]</font>

Member list by username:

Unknown members who have $KG in their description:
    Sekani-02
    Renju
    Jarvis
    Haruna
    Etherelda

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-06-01 22:42 ]</font>

Space Pirate Extraordinaire

Great idea, hopefully it'll catch on. I've been thinking, what about items that are not available in stores? I never really know what to charge for things like that. Quite frankly it would be too tedious to visit all the shops that come in a search for various items, and with the disparity in prices from shop to shop, it would still be very difficult to figure out exactly what is a fair price. Maybe if we could get people to post somewhere how much they paid for a given item that is not available in NPC shops, and from there we could figure the average price for that particular item. It'd give a fairly good idea of what people are willing to pay for something and give shop owners some kind of baseline to work off of.

Sometimes Missing in Action

Hehe seems some kind of coincidence I believe it has that you´re are considering this day to establish a shopkeeper´s guild.

Yesterday I finished to update my (german) Item Synthesis Guide for my MIATEAM.de PSU community and added a chapter explaining the means and behaviour of selling and buying items crafted by gamers, along with the required trustfulness both parties must oblige.

I did go with the figure of approx 5-10% of the item´s value worth at the npc shops, but as a crafted one, when the buyer submits all the contents necessary (i.e. the board and all the ingredients) to the crafter. Thus, these 5-10% shall just be a "commission" for the crafter.

But I went to the figure identically to the Percentage Chance of Success when the vendor submits all contents necessary and the buyer just pays the crafting service. This could be some 50%, oder maybe 80% of the original npc price.

Why this ?
    The first example really covers some kind of commission. All the risk is covered by the buyer, since he cannot really determine whether the item synthesis indeed failed or succeeded by chance.

Second example covers approx. the same shopkeeper´s idea as you do, but includes a variable covering the risk percentage - the higher the risk (that means the lesser the succeeding chance), the higher the price.

I think both means cover a fair pricing method, and surely there may be some partial offs between those extremes - rare items for example should really be considered differently.

Maybe you will add this consideration of crafting service into your shopkeeper´s guild.

I really just want to keep things very simple by only setting a max price on NPC available items. And even that's actually a bit tricky, because it's completely reasonable to sell something like a 50% element or well upgraded weapon for significantly more than 80% NPC. So the 80% only applies to nonupgraded/nonelemental weapons.

Oh well, besides somebody ripping off the shop list on the PSU forums (with credit at least) - nothing seems to have come of this. Not sure why folks want to complain about the shops but are not willing to engage in a simple solution. Can anybody share why they feel this is a bad idea?

Space Pirate Extraordinaire

On 2006-11-11 02:18, Dire wrote:
    Oh well, besides somebody ripping off the shop list on the PSU forums (with credit at least) - nothing seems to have come of this. Not sure why folks want to complain about the shops but are not willing to engage in a simple solution. Can anybody share why they feel this is a bad idea?
    I wouldn't say NOTHING has come of this. I did an ad search earlier with the keyword $KG and found 3 shops. I don't recall the names, but it's a start. Although their selections were rather limited, what they DID have was decently priced from what I could see.

On 2006-11-11 04:48, Divanti wrote:
    On 2006-11-11 02:18, Dire wrote:
    I wouldn't say NOTHING has come of this. I did an ad search earlier with the keyword $KG and found 3 shops. I don't recall the names, but it's a start. Although their selections were rather limited, what they DID have was decently priced from what I could see.
    That's great. I also just noticed a couple of other people joining up. My selection is usually rather limited since items tend to sell very well and quickly at 80%. The more people we can get to do this - the better it is for everybody. Hopefully we can start to slowly turn the player shops around. It should not be a miracle to see items selling for reasonable prices.

I'd really encourage anybody reading this to strongly considering joining by going 80% and adding the $KG. It helps you as a seller and a buyer. As a seller, players will be able to instantly recognize your shop as a reasonable one. And as a buyer, the more $KG shops there are - the greater reasonable selection you will have.