ok I posted this on gamefaqs.com and I thought it might spark some discussion on this board,
    here is the post, along with a follow up that I posted later due to the fact that some board users couldn't quite grasp the whole concept.

**************** FIRST POST *******************

... I realized that you can't max out every characters base stats.

I have thoroughly checked and re-checked each character.

Only two characters can have completely maxed out base stats by level 200, and this is who and how to do it.

**RAcaseal
    **37 Evp mats.
    **60 Def mats.
    **52 Pow mats.
    **46 Dex - Mag
    **148 Pow - Mag
    **6 Def - Mag
    **0 Mind - Mag

FOmarl
    **38 Evp mats.
    **71 Def mats.
    **5 Pow mats.
    **103 Mind mats.
    __**33**__ luck mats.
    **52 Dex - Mag
    **5 Def - Mag
    **71 Pow - Mag
    **72 Mind - Mag

I took the base stats for level 200 from http://www.psoquest.com so I'm not taking credit for that part, but I thought this might be useful for anyone that is interested.

I've completed calculations believing that;
    Humans can take 250 materials (hp/tp don't count),
    Androids can take 150 materials (hp don't count) and,
    Newmen (Newmans?) can take 150 as well (again hp/tp don't count)

The FOmarl actually can be maxed out with the least amount of effort, thus having 33 *extra* materials available which can be used on luck (luck reaches 100 without materials by lvl 200) or... any other stat that you want to max out faster.

Every other character requires you, the player, to somewhat specialize in one area or another.

The most diverse from my calculations today, would be the Newman classes, due to less material consumption than humans, and more stats than androids (mst), along with a large difference in evasion from base 200 to max 200 stats.

Ok... if you read all of this, I hope you found it useful, and I would love any feedback, however I won't write a faq on this because it only covers two characters.

******************* SECOND POST ********************

Ok... it seems some people are having a hard time wrapping their head around this.
    I apologize if I didn't explain things clearer, earlier on.

First off, by level 200, your luck will be at 100, no ifs ands or buts about it. That is 100% guaranteed, you cannot dispute this, it is fact.

Next, the intent behind this post was to show that only two characters in this game can have their *base stats* (the stats in the brackets on your status screen) completely maxed out in every way, shape, and/or form; by only using a fixed number of materials, and a mag raised with proper stats that best suit the chosen character.

Also, for the ways a mag raises stats.
    1 Def on a mag = 1 Dfp in your base stats
    1 Pow on a mag = 2 Atp in your base stats
    2 Dex on a mag = 1 Ata in your base stats
    1 Mind on a mag = 2 Mst in your base stats.

So with all that said, the only two characters that can have the highest potential stats reached by level 200, equipping only a mag and using a set number of certain materials, are the RAcaseal, and the FOmarl.

You may view this as a positive (they can reach their max potential), or as a negative (they can only reach this goal because they are *middle of the road* in their respective classes).

I know you can equip god/units and other items, but I thought I would bring this up.
    Some people (like myself) would rather use up those slots for useful items such as cure/shock, or novelty items such as Riko's glasses ( I know it's a barrier, but I was just using it as an example).

Anyways......... if you have any more questions or comments, go right ahead!

ok that's it, I hope someone has found this useful.

Any positive/negative feedback is welcome.

Is this being tested?

[ADDED]:

On 2002-11-21 22:27, dj_dan wrote:
    I know you can equip god/units and other items, but I thought I would bring this up.
    Some people (like myself) would rather use up those slots for useful items such as cure/shock, or novelty items such as Riko's glasses ( I know it's a barrier, but I was just using it as an example).
    I totally agree. I also tend to "rotate" my units as needs arise according to situations. A little "flexibility" wouldn't hurt, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-11-21 23:06 ]</font>

well, for it to be tested, someone would actually have to be at level 200.

My highest character is at 129.. so it would take some time.

When coming up with these formulas, I used the stats given on http://www.psoquest.com

if these are not correct... then it's back to the drawing board.

umm how exactly does luck get your luck to 100 without out using mats??? does it automatically increase at set levels, if so it would prolly explain why Luck Mats are the rareist (sp) of all materials...well for my games that is

On 2002-11-21 22:27, dj_dan wrote:
    The FOmarl actually can be maxed out with the least amount of effort, thus having 33 *extra* materials available which can be used on luck (luck reaches 100 without materials by lvl 200) or... any other stat that you want to max out faster.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you trying to tell me that the Luck stat reaches 100 without materials? If so, I'll have to ignore this entire post.

I don't understand the luck thing either ... is this something new for the GC version?

Please elaborate.

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

Iam not really sure those stats are even correct for a level 200. Iam pretty sure the max stats are correct, but iam not so sure about the regular growth stats. It says FOnewearl only has 2100 TP. My charcater is like level 115 and with mag on I have around 2060 TP.

Rage of Innocence

On 2002-11-22 09:19, HC82 wrote:
    Iam not really sure those stats are even correct for a level 200. Iam pretty sure the max stats are correct, but iam not so sure about the regular growth stats. It says FOnewearl only has 2100 TP. My charcater is like level 115 and with mag on I have around 2060 TP.

It will be 2100 at 200 if you have no mag equiped and ate not one mind mat.

Lonely Warrior

The whole Luck maxing at lvl 200 w/o mats is a mistake. Your luck will never increase unless you use mats, and I believe the only way to max out any char is with the use of units.

I saw a post on gamefaqs a while ago where someone did this, they showed its possible for every human and android class (I didnt check their math though), but not for any of the newmans, because they have mst which droids dont have to worry about, and really low ata growth.

Anyways, 100 luck at level 200 is totally false. You'll never get a single luck from leveling, don't use any mats it'll be 10 forever. The other person I saw do this was using like 4 God/Abilities for slots, since those add 15 to every stat except ata, thats 70 luck (with the 10 you start with) so you only have to use 15 luck mats to max that. But who wants to always have to wear 4 god/abilities, not to mention find them, since they're probably extremely rare

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhete on 2002-11-22 13:27 ]</font>