Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Right now my PM is impure...like 70 or so strike and 15 tech. And after miraculously failing a weapon that had a 90% success rate (B rank). It got me wondering about the rates of S rank weapons in relation to pure stat PMs. So I'm asking...does anyone know what the average success percentage is when synthing S rank weapons? I heard somewhere that they were in the 40% range even WITH a Pure PM...is that right? Because if that is, that sounds like complete utter bullshit.

Having a 40% chance to make a weapon that costs well over 200,000 in materials..this is assuming that something like goldania averages 10k in player shops...but as retarded prices I've seen online (500 for neu wood wtf?), lets go even further and say they are 15k+ per... when some weps need like 15 of them..thats well over the 200k mark instantly.....that sounds like a perfect reason for someone to say "f this game, I'm gonna try and hack it so I dont get pissed everytime I fail a 200,000+ meseta synth". I mean seriously. Failing such an important synth like that...if the wrong guy on PSU experienced it *cough broomop*..that may be enough to push him over the edge...going into full hacker mode.. or someone unheard of resorting to hacking. Good bye hack free PSU, and welcome S rank Double sabers along with crea weapons galore.

Of course..my entire rant is based purely on speculation, and I'd really feel better if I was completely inaccurate about the percentages...so..what are they so far?

I can't give you an exact number, but I'd assume the percentage would be fairly high, assuming it follows the current trend. I notice that boards with only one charge have a higher success rate, and since S ranks follow this trend...you know.

Mercenary for Hire

I heard that creas have a higher percentage thats why They are so high... I hope its for everything though.

Just to give you a rough idea. My PM is 100 Strike and on 5* B-Rank weapons I have a 85% chance to synth elemental or 94% chance to synth with regular photons (neutral). It gets worse from there, so I've read. And yes Crea are 7* A-Rank but have max synth chance 90/98%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-27 15:33 ]</font>

Bad news. The Crea Doubles (S rank Crea Double Saber)has a base success rate of 31% and uses lots of goldania and relics edges.

EDIT: If people have any souls whatsoever, when the boards for these weapons come out, they will lower their prices. Or not. But probably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-27 15:37 ]</font>
    ________
    PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD HISTORY
    Last edited by Ryoki; Mar 15, 2011 at 02:36 AM.

On 2006-11-27 15:35, Ryoki wrote:
    Bad news. The Crea Doubles (S rank Crea Double Saber)has a base success rate of 31% and uses lots of goldania and relics edges.

EDIT: If people have any souls whatsoever, when the boards for these weapons come out, they will lower their prices. Or not. But probably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-27 15:37 ]</font>
    They should but won't. Greed will get in the way and the million+ meseta players will be the first to have S-ranks in the beginning...

On 2006-11-11 17:18, Lyrise wrote:
    You're looking at around 65% for a 7 star weapon if its pure, 59% for an 8 star.
    Screw synthing

On 2006-11-27 15:41, Ether wrote:
    On 2006-11-11 17:18, Lyrise wrote:
    You're looking at around 65% for a 7 star weapon if its pure, 59% for an 8 star.
    Screw synthing
    That is what makes it fun, it's all about the luck.

On 2006-11-27 15:43, hucast21 wrote:
    That is what makes it fun, it's all about the luck.
    Sorry, but last I checked having 5+ hours of money and mats grinding go up in smoke in a press of a button is not "fun". Luck SUCKS in ANY online game I don't care how you look at it. It may be a necessary evil in some games to keep the economy some-what in check (FFXI), but the way PSU's synthing works, it's the worst I've ever seen.

On 2006-11-27 17:16, JamesKilton wrote:
    the way PSU's synthing works, it's the worst I've ever seen.
    play RF online as a crafter, then your opinion will change