When I got to the boss of the ep1 ruins
    (name escapes me) I didn't stand a chance. The first thing he did was freeze me then he blew me up. I am a lv32 Fomar, can anyone give me some advice.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Yeah, pray that Falz doesn't freeze you. Also, if you do get frozen, quickly and repeatedly tap left and right on the directional stick to break free. Also, his first form is weak to either zonde or barta(I forgot which), and his second form is weak against the other (If Falz 1 is weak to barta, then Falz 2 is weak to zonde, or vice versa)
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

His first form is weak to Zonde.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Thanks for reminding me, then this is how you should do it:

Darvants: Give 'em rabarta, and you should be fine.
    Falz 1: Use razonde, and rabarta when darvants are present. Try to stay close, then he rarely uses techs.
    Falz 2: Have a good gun ready if you don't think your techniques are strong enough. Use Rabarta and Resta mostly. When he drops down, run to one side to try to avoid his attack. Death Rain is next to impossible to avoid, so Resta yourself before it hits (he signals it by making the slow-causing shockwaves). Don't worry too much when he saps your HP to Resta yourself; It doesn't hurt much, so just kip hitting him to compensate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2002-11-24 13:06 ]</font>
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

hey i'm too lazy to make another thread so i'll use this one
    I'm lv 23 Humar should i take a change taking on falz on normal?
    I have a crappy mag for now i have to give my other to someone else
    4 scape dolls

Umm... he's a FOmar, I'd recommend sticking to the Gi-series techniques. The lower level techniques are more bang for your buck... and probably do more damage period, since it's easier to get them to higher levels earlier. Also, FOmars get a bonus to Gi-series techniques. Although, Rabarta against the darvants might not be a bad idea.

I just recently beat him with my level 26 FOnewearl (he was able to occasionally one-hit kill me when I tried at level 21). I think around 25-26 is the earliest a FOnewearl could beat him (due to the one-hit kill thing), without Scapes. A FOmar should be able to do it earlier. Here's the strategy I used:

Darvants: Cast foie three times... offline, this would hit and kill one per a shot. After killing three, Falz showed up. (Level 9 Foie, 300-ish MST, FOnewearl damage bonus)

Form 1: Cast Zonde at him non-stop for about 180 damage a piece. Hit the Darvants with Foie when necessary. (Level 11 Zonde)

Form 2: Chased him around and cast Barta as rapidly as I could for about 180 damage a piece. (Level 10 Barta)

I always kept myself at max health--Falz could easily knock me down to single digits in one hit. Also, when frozen, I shook the control stick to break free (Always do this!). For a FOmar, I recommend replacing my weak attack spells with normal attack spells, or whichever one you have doing the most damage to Falz. For the Darvants, do whatever it takes to kill them quick (one hit would be the best).