Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Well considering how Protranser start with 50% and end with 120% (third highest max %HP of the expert classes if I remember), I think its pretty amazing.
    It is pretty lousy at first but Im looking forward to lv 4 Protranser, I can start using some more of my B ranks and hopefully Launchers when I level up base some more.

Rizen: can you post level and rank when you get access to anything particularly cool? It would be nice to give people accurate equipment-progression expectations.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I think what an aspring protranser should do first is, get the best Shotgun/Bow/Handguns first, then switch to Protranser as soon as possible. Reason being is, When you first start playing protranser, No way in hell can you even think about jumping to the fray with your low hp. Its ricockulous how low it is, My cast is 47 now with 60x hp. Even on C rank Neudeiz mission have enough of a threat to kill me if I'm careless. So to better benefit the team you should stay in the back. While your at it, you can be leveling up you Bow PA or Shotgun. I think it would be good to have shotgun level to 20 before you switch too.

Since these advance jobs require alot more experience points then the basic job, you can imgaine that you'll be in the back for quite some time. So it best to start getting the protranser level up while your still low level and need money then when your higher level and don't need money. At the moment I've been doing Agata Relic B runs as protranser, I'm also learning alot about traps and situational awerness and leveling up my Bow Bullet Arts.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

The ATA requirements on Bow, Handgun, and Saber are nice and low... getting the best weapons you can in those classes after changing to the new class is a good idea. The class definitely shoo's you into a back-ranks sniper for the first while. Shotguns are hard to work with early on since they're hit by the triple whammy of low level gear, poor ATP, and poor ATA. I'm starting to get back up there for damage, hitting between 60~80 per bullet makes it my best DPS weapon even vs bow.

Even at PT2 I'm starting to get up close and personal with monsters in S rank missions as I gain confidence. Largely it's through shotgunning or melee PA combos so I'm still not in much danger of soaking up hits... if anything I should really use my bows a lot more. Right now I'm mainly pulling them out to burn large mobs or save drain on my shotguns.

Well when I get home I can tell you the exacts but I will try do some without looking.

Being Human M at lv 40 Protranser 2, I have roughly 176 ATP, 94 ATA, and 38 DFP. I'm beginning to be able to use most 4* Melee weapons (Can't use some Tenora Works still) but can use 6* GRM Sabers. As far as Ranged weapons...I can use 7* Handguns (I believe), 4* Shotgun and Longbows (But able to use Alteric *score!*). For armor, Megaline 4* armor.

So pretty much if you like using high rank weapons, stick with GRM and Kubara weapons (both have low requirements for usage) and Saber/Handgun.

When I get home I will confirm what I said in this post.

Edit: Made a few corrections: 38 DEF 94 ATA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-12-18 18:59 ]</font>

Yeah I think the Kubara weapons are perfect for Protranser. I think I can use Shigga Damduc now. Currently working on obtaining it.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I am _loving_ my new toy: Gur Neda. It's not terribly practical, but has its uses for sure...
    launch some shots on ranks of ranged attackers and then move in while they're getting back up
    keep knocking large mobs over to make life really easy for your pals in melee

I may start leveling the skills for it while guarding lowbies on easy missions at some point... but for the meanwhile I'm leaving it unlinked for high-rank missions in order to get full accuracy. All I really care about is providing my team with the long-range launcher effect.

Here's a question for anyone with a higher-rank PT... once you can start equipping Grenades, Lasers, and Axes there are far too many options to put in the action palette, and that's ignoring having duplicate weapon types (e.g. fire shotgun + ice shotgun for fast switching)

A lot of the equipment available is pretty distinctive, but there are some functional overlaps. I'm looking for ideas on what to have ready and when.

Actually, thinking about it more the weapons group up well enough. Then it just comes down to picking the better tools for your mission or team from each category, and how many.

Shotgun vs Handgun & Saber ... effective status effects + direct damage
    Axe vs Knuckle vs Spear ... single-target melee, tradeoffs in which PA hit has knockback
    Sword vs Grenade ... both have AOE & knockback effect
    Bow vs Laser ... accurate ranged attack, single vs multi-target

I was just reminded to post something....Humans do not get bonus from Protranser according to PSU Bible. This makes me /cry but I dont mind, didnt pick Human for Protranser for stats anyway.

As far as whether which weapon is better...I thought I might just post my opinion.

Shotgun vs Handgun/Saber: As much as I love shotgun, I would pick Handgun/Saber. More flexible and able to go first person. Also can very easily switch between melee and range in a second. On top of that, Handguns and Sabers have very low requirements for usage allowing you to use them at lower levels.
    Axe vs Knuckle vs Spear: I cant say much for Axe but I would choose Spear out of this category. Spears alot more distance than Axe and Knuckles allowing you to keep a bit a range from being hit. Also the Spear PAs are very flashy.
    Sword vs Grenade: Cant say here....Both are very slow and leave you open, one is melee and one is ranged, one is doesnt require much aiming while the other one requires alot of aiming. If you like to be upclose, choose Sword, if you like being at a range, choose Grenade.
    Bow vs Laser: I would choose Bow here solely for the purpose of SE 4. I would still use Laser because...c'mon it looks badass XD

As Rizen has pointed out, they both have specific playing styles, so it comes down mostly to preference and what the situation calls for.