Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Wartecher Guide

OK, now first thing's first, I'm not a super-credible source. If you don't like my guides, don't post "omgusuxxrozgtfomywtlolololol", OK? We don't want to hear it.

NOTE: If I've misinformed you, please don't be afraid to post here and correct me. I'm only human, so I'm prone to mistakes.

The breakdown on Wartechers:

1. About Wartechers
    1.1. Requirements
    1.2. Stats
    1.3. Equipment Options
    2. Race to Wartecher Breakdown
    3. Becoming a Wartecher
    3.1. Human Wartecher Guide
    3.2. Newman Wartecher Guide
    3.3. CAST Wartecher Guide
    3.4. Beast Wartecher Guide
    4. The Ideal Equipment

1. About Wartechers

Wartechers are a combination of Hunter skills and Force techniques. While they suffer the lowest count of S-Ranks to Protransers, Wartechers are possibly the easiest expert class to become. They're versatile in their own right, and dowright deadly in the hands of a master.

Skills: Up to level 20
    Bullets: Up to level 10
    Technics: Up to level 20

Serene's recommended Skills:

-Buten-Shuren Zan (Dagger)
    -Renkai-Buyo Zan (Twin Dagger)
    -Rising Strike (Saber)
    -Reisei-Sou? (Ice Bow)
    -Jisei-Sou? (Lightning Bow)
    -Resta
    -Reverser
    -Diga
    -Radiga

Tips on levelling your skills:

-When being a Hunter, team up with a lot of Forces. Have them nuke and support while you spam your PA's to get them experience. You have up to level 20 skills, and you want those skills maxed ASAP, because the combos will help you not only in soloing, but in groups (especially if you're a newman or human)

-When being a Force, heal and spam Diga spells. Team up with CASTs/Beasts so that your Resta gets plenty of experience. You want a high-level Resta for yourself, because that's the best part about being a Wartecher-the healing AND skill combinations.

Recommended Missions:

As a Hunter:
    -Sleeping Warriors

Sleeping Warriors has those annoying dodgy enemies (can't remember the name), but it also has a lot of mobs that are close together that you can spam PA's on. It's a bit longer than Plains Overlord, but killing Svaltus doesn't take nearly as much time as De Ragan.

-Valley Of Carnage

Lots of fun spamming PA's on those Kog Nadds.

As a Force:
    -Plains Overlord

You want to be healing and buffing as a Force. Bosses help you there the most.

-Grove Of Fanatics

See above.

-Desert Terror

See above.

Recommended Weapon Makers By Race:
    Human: Any
    Newman: GRM
    CAST: Yohmei
    Beast: Yohmei

1.1. Requirements

Of course, to become a Wartecher, you need a level 3 Hunter and level 5 Force job stats.

1.2. Stats

Type Lvl 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    HP 100% 101% 102% 104% 106% 108% 110% 115% 120% 130%
    ATP 75% 76% 77% 78% 80% 82% 84% 86% 90% 100%
    ATA 60% 61% 62% 63% 64% 65% 66% 68% 70% 80%
    TP 70% 72% 74% 80% 82% 84% 86% 90% 92% 94%
    DFP 80% 82% 84% 86% 90% 95% 100% 105% 110% 120%
    EVP 160% 160% 160% 160% 160% 160% 160% 160% 160% 160%
    MST 80% 82% 84% 86% 88% 90% 95% 100% 105% 110%
    STA 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
    CHR 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%

1.3. Equipment Options

Bow-A-Rank
    Card-A-Rank
    Claw-A-Rank
    Dagger-S-Rank
    Handgun-A-Rank
    Knuckles-A-Rank
    Saber-A-Rank
    Spear-A-Rank
    Twin Claw-A-Rank
    Twin Dagger-S-Rank
    Twin Saber-A-Rank
    Wand-A-Rank
    Axe-Cannot Use
    Crossbow-Cannot Use
    Double Saber-Cannot Use
    Grenade Launcher-Cannot Use
    Laser Cannon-Cannot Use
    Machinegun-Cannot Use
    Rifle-Cannot Use
    Rod-Cannot Use
    Shotgun-Cannot Use
    Sword-Cannot Use
    Twin Handgun-Cannot Use

2. Race-to-Wartecher Breakdown

This guide will help you figure out how to become a Wartecher based on your race.

In my opinion, the order of races for being a Wartcher, in ascending order, are:

4: Cast
    3: Human
    2: Beast
    1: Newman

3. Becoming a Wartecher

Now, to the part where I help you confused people know how you should approach the arduous task of levelling your job EXP so that you have a level 5 Force and level 3 Hunter.

As a Hunter, group often with support Forces. They'll heal you while you spam your PA's. You get PA experience, they get Resta/Reverser experience, everybody's happy. =D

As a Force, group often with CASTs or Beasts, the higher level, the better. You want as much Resta/Reverser EXP as possible. Albeit as a Newman, your attack spells aren't as important as your support and heal spells.

3.1. Human Wartecher Guide

Now, you humans have it easy. Your balanced abilities give you a good look into Wartechers.

Your stats in comparison with other races go as follows:

HP: C
    ATP: C
    DFP: C
    EVP: B
    TP: B
    MST: B
    ATA: C
    STA: C

Note now that you have sub-par ATP, DFP, and ATA. Regarless, ATP is still not a problem regardelss of race. (It won't make a lick of difference once we get buffs)

Recommendation: Start by being a Hunter. That way, you can build up your DFP and PA levels. Once you hit level 5 Hunter, most of the Photon Arts you'll be using will be at an optimal level.

Your sub-par HP will mean your Resta won't get much experience while being a Force, but it helps being in groups of Beast Hunters to help you level your Resta and Reverser.

Diga is your most potent Technic. Level it and nothing else when it comes to attack technics. You want most of your skill slots left open for things like the PA's for the weapons you have, as well as BA's.

As a Wartecher, your biggest bonus is your balance of good ATP, very good EVP, and good MST. Your biggest setback comes from your low DFP and rubbish ATA.

Keep to single Daggers for their good ATA until you're confident enough to move to another weapon. Your ATA will not serve you well.

3.2. Newman Wartecher Guide

Now to the fun part, the one where I've the most experience. Newman Wartechers are the best Wartechers you'll ever have. Period. No contest, nuff said, good game n00b.

HP: D
    ATP: D
    DFP: D
    EVP: A
    TP: A
    MST: A
    ATA: B
    STA: D

You have the lowest HP, ATP, DFP, and STA of all classes. However, the minute you have buffs, you are a walking juggernaut. You have absurdly high EVP, so your low defense is backed up by fast feet. You have the best MST, so the magic, the stuff that doesn't miss, won't do much damage.

Recommendation: Start as a Force. Your low ATP means you're more Techer than War. Always be in groups. Never solo until you're absolutely confident in your abilities, otherwise soloing takes forever. You'll have low DFP and HP but you'll build up your HP and ATP so that you don't flop as a Hunter. Plus, when you first become a Wartecher, you have a high-level Resta. (I became a Wartecher at level 14 and had level 7 Resta at that time, as well as level 5 Reverser.)

As a Force, you want to be using wands, because they're what you'll be using as a Wartecher. As a Newman, I recommend you shut yourself off from any non-Bow BA's and most PA's that you feel you don't need. Keep yourself open to attack techs, you may need them in a pinch or in a boss battle.

As a Hunter, be sure to either group with strong Hunters or Forces, because you're very open for attack. I've learned through my experience that most enemies go "OMG HUNEWM KILLLLLLLL" and rush you. STICK TO SOLO ENEMIES UNLESS YOU HAVE A STUN PA, OTHERWISE YOU. WILL. BE. PWNT. I cannot stress that enough, because you don't want your partners booting you. (For those stupid enough to go to Universe 1 with people other than your friends.

As a Wartecher, you gain the bonus of absurdly high EVP, MST, and TP, meaning you'll be a huge tanker. You'll be getting a lot of EXP this way, both with your TA's and your PA's. You'll have average HP, DFP, and ATA, which will help because your above-average ATA against Wartecher's horrid ATA balances you out. Your low HP will get a pretty good bonus, making you a force to be reckoned with. However, your low STA means that while you get in the fray a lot, you'll be knocked fifty feet back with the slightest hit. Plus, in groups, you'll be chewed up and spit out, literally. I urge you to be careful.

3.3. CAST Wartecher Guide

Ah, CASTs. Possibly the most unbalanced Wartecher race, but still good. Any class can be made good in the hands of a good player (Even CAST Fortetechers o.O)

HP: B
    ATP: B
    DFP: B
    EVP: C
    TP: D
    MST: D
    ATA: A
    STA: B

You have the highest ATA, meaning you still get pretty good ATA considering the fact that Wartechers have the lowest ATA. The lowest TP and MST means you'll have trouble as a Wartecher and more notably as a Force, but if you're up for the challenge, I'm here to help. =D

Recommendation: Begin as a Hunter. Don't do anything else, the first thing you should do is become a Hunter when you first create what will become your CAST Wartecher. You don't want any skills that you won't be using as a Wartecher, am I right? Plus, you have all the makings of a good Hunter. Just...stay away from Neudaiz Relics, that's enough said right there D= (If you feel that paranoid, stay away from De Ragan too, because he does have that fiery habit D=)

As a Hunter, your only real problem will be your extremely noticable lack of MST. A simple Foie shot will melt your armor. Stay away from the enemies that cast attack techs, because they'll murder you. Have your partners (who should be Hunters, by the way.) take care of those enemies. Level up the nescessary PA's and you should be fine.

As a Force, you're going to have a huge amount of trouble. You're still going to have rubbish MST and TP, even as a Force, and you'll be a very lackluster fighter. Don't even bother with attack techs, JUST HEAL. Leech off your partners for job EXP if nescessary. You just want this painful chapter in your character's life to be put behind you.

As a Wartecher, you'll have about B- ranked ATA, which is still very potent. Your ATP and HP along with your ATA will be your greatest assets. As far as techs go, do NOTHING BUT HEAL, otherwise you'll learn that you'll go through PP like water, and therefore go through all your PP in a matter of 2-4 rooms. Keep to one-handed weapons, as they're more accurate than the two-handed weapons.

And I'm warning you now: USE YOHMEI WEAPONS. You're gonna go through PP like water, you want all the PP you can get. Grind as much as possible.

3.4. Beast Wartecher Guide

The beasts. I ranked Beasts second because they get an MST-bonus with their Nanoblasts, a bonus NOBODY can ignore.

HP: A
    ATP: A
    DFP: A
    EVP: D
    TP: C
    MST: C
    ATA: D
    STA: A

OK, you have absurdly high HP, ATP, DFP, and STA, stats that are certainly helpful in the long run. Your low ATA is the whole reason you don't want to be a Beast Wartecher. Again, Yohmei weapons (for ATA and not PP this time), as well as ATA slots, are a huge staple of a Beast Wartecher.

Recommendation: Of course, start as a Hunter. Raw power is your best asset. Abuse it, and spam PA's as much as possible because, with your raw power, you won't have to use your PA's much to kill an enemy.

Also, use the ATA/Speed Nanoblast (don't know what it's called). You want to have all the ATA you can get to even make it sub-par, because your ATA is so low it's not even funny.

As a Hunter, it really depends on the direction you want to go. If you want to be a Hunter to level your PA's in preparation, then solo. Beast Hunters are possibly the easiest class to solo with. You may not get to level 3 very fast, but you'll get a lot of PA EXP.

If you want to level your PA's once you become a Wartecher (and you can do that. That works best for Beast Wartechers, infact.), then group as much as possible. Just be sure you know what you're doing.

As a Force, I'll say the same thing I said about CASTs: Group. Heal. Yohmei. Leech. Rush.

As a Wartecher, you have near-perfect stats, except for your ATA. Keep your ATA high by having ATA units, Yohmei weapons, and the ATA nanoblast. Keep to healing when it comes to techs, and I'll tell you this-You're the best solo beast there is. Period.

4. The Ideal Equipment

This guide will tell you what your pallette should look like, depending on your race.

Human:

-Saber-Card Combo
    -Dagger-Card Combo
    -Twin Daggers
    -Spear
    -Wand (Resta/Zoldial)-Card Combo
    -Wand (Diga/Shifta)-Card Combo

Keep to healing techs, and prepare your elements according to your preferred hunting area.

Newman:

-Saber-Card Combo
    -Dagger-Card Combo
    -Twin Daggers
    -Bow
    -Wand (same)-Card Combo
    -Wand (same)-Card Combo

You can either use healing techs, or a wand with Resta and an attack tech. Your choice.

CAST:

-Bow
    -Dagger-Card Combo
    -Twin Daggers
    -Spear
    -Wand-Card Combo
    -Wand-Card Combo

Keep to Resta and Reverser, stray from everything else.

Beast:

-Saber-Card Combo
    -Spear
    -Twin Daggers
    -Dagger-Card Combo
    -Wand-Card Combo
    -Wand-Card Combo

Keep to Resta and Reverser as well. Keep your multi-elemented BA's handy, as you'll need them. I recommend you also keep multiple elements for your bladed weapons-you want to maximize the damage you WILL be doing, since you won't do much of it.

-------------------------------------------

And that's it! So much for 1 1/2 hours, now, huh?

I hope I've helped you aspiring, and even current Wartechers get a better grip on this class. I've been turned off by this class' lack of S-Ranks, but I've learned to love its combination of skills and techs, and its skill caps.

Thanks for reading,
    Serene

EDIT: Forgot that Wartechers can't use Crossbows...x.X

EDIT 2: Reisei-Sou is the ice bow BA. Got it, thanks Rath.

EDIT 3: Updated pallettes by request. Hope you people are happy, and sorry for the update wait. Just LMK what you want updated, I'll be right on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2006-12-17 12:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2006-12-17 13:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2006-12-28 16:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2006-12-28 18:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2007-01-26 19:57 ]</font>
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

Beware of Beast.
    In a warped reality between life and cupcakes

Wow man, how long did this thing take you to make? Very nice.

Thanks, dude.

Liek, 1 and a half hours. ;_;

I could've made about 10k meseta on PSU in that time ._.

Hey, PJ, that Noel thing is going to haunt me forever
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

Yeah, a really nice guide.

I mean, I play a Wartecher, and I never knew they could use Crossbows...

...Oh wait. :/

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Nice, sticky-listed for reference. Keep updating it if you can.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

OK, you have absurdly high HP, ATP, DFP, and STA, stats that are certainly helpful in the long run. Your low ATA is the whole reason you don't want to be a Beast Wartecher. Again, Yohmei weapons (for ATA and not PP this time), as well as ATA slots, are a huge staple of a Beast Wartecher.
    nice guide but dont tenora weapons have more ata and atp/tp than than youmei? and since your a good soloer having a stock of photon chargers shouldnt be a problem i would think.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

thanks, I plan on making my male newman Nattefrost a Wartecher so this would be useful. I really liked the HUnewearl of PSO and I always thought that a HUnewm would be pretty sweet, so this is the next best thing. and ya, I agree about CAST Wartechers, it does seem like a waste of talent, they aren't too much better than humans at melee and their magic, well, nuff said. They'd be better off going Fortefighter or Fighgunner IMO.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

A newman wartecher is more like a FOmar than a HUnewearl.

Man, I will be able to use wartecher with my GT/PT CAST. I'll steal some equipment from my WT just to prove to you dolts that WT CASTs can kick some serious ass.

Alisha, it depends on the weapon. Yohmei normally has the highest ATA, but for twin daggers, TW has higher ATA (and GRM has the highest ATP, strangely). It really depends on the specific weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Yohmei wands are utter junk.

Indeed; GRM have slightly less PP and a whole ton more TP if you need PP and Tenora lose a whole TON of PP but have slightly more power than GRM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.