Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Wartecher Guide

On 2006-12-17 19:32, SereneShadows wrote:
    On 2006-12-17 19:04, huntlyon wrote:
    can I get some quick advice on how to slum through 5 levels of force with leveling some useful techs in the process?

long story short-
    level 15 human, level 3 hunter, purchased a bow, resta, reverser, and the ground element bow PA.

should I just bother with Deega, tag with a handgun/bow, and settle for healbot through dragon runs to expedite? it would seem prudent to save up for the gi-level spells to focus on them rather that bother with many of the lesser offensive techs, but I could be wrong
    Naw, do yourself a favor. Use a Dagger (if you feel like levelling the PA as a Force), Handgun or Longbow to tag big enemies (like Ragan, Kog Nadd, Dummygolus, and whatnot) for EXP, and just spam your healing. For humans, attack techs aren't really useful. Plus, they're kinda slow. =
    my single dagger and double daggers were all I focused on leveling up the hunter prerequisites. so far I mostly tag/heal and sneak in some deega here and there.. using bows for the boss fights. De Ragan runs are proving the slummers choice, I went from level 1 Fo to level 3 in a day. considering a gi-level spell to start leveling up soon... Gideega? Gifoie?

You can't actually level sword arts on a force. The cap is at 1.

On top of that, attack techs are useful for attack-resistant enemies, like robots, Tengohgs and Kamatozes.

Why is there absolutely no mention of knuckles, or claw/twinclaw yet there's mention of other A rank melee weapons. Just curious. are they bad somehow on a wartecher? and if so what are the disadvantages?

personal preference i guess? the current knuckle pa doesnt provide much damage.same goes for dual claw butthey both have good normal combos.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Knuckle isn't that bad, but twin claws are useless to males (you will ALWAYS get hit before the third attack, and the current PA sucks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

So far from my experience (I've made newman/human/beast WT) i really like newman the best so far, but thats just my preference. I do think beasts are better atm though, due to the fact that there arent many maps with mellee resistant monsters out there at this time to take advantage of the newmans distinct technic dmg, but who knows what the new maps will bring.

Any newman wartechers know when they can equip a claw? I'm at 59/5 and still have 20 atp to go.... /cry

Well you won't gain anymore then 5 or so atp in the next lvl...so youll have to work on those jobs to get those claws.

This thread convinced me to do WT as an alternate character when I get the chance.

I'm interested because it's a pretty well-rounded job as opposed to fT, and should play differently enough from my Protranser that I'm interested.

A couple things I'm looking at:
    * Focusing on Ra and Gi spells will give you the ability to do some AOE damage, which the rest of your weapon selection completely lacks. WT's defensive stats mean they can also get aggressive about hitting as many mobs as possible with Gi techs, which is risky for a ForteTecher to do in S rank missions.
    * Cards / Bows + high base ATP should keep WT respectable for ranged damage with other hybrid classes.
    * Even Casts don't do _terrible_ for spellcasting, they should end up with maybe 70% of a Newman's total TAP since the low class modifier makes a high power wand worth at least half of your total score.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

I'd like to comment against the use of Twin Sabers. As much as I love them myself, since you're giving a guide on what is considered "optimum" equipment for a WT, Twin Sabers are probably not the best to use only because of a few factors:
    * Only 5 hits.
    * They don't hit terribly hard
    * Normal moveset is laggy
    * No access to the 3rd combo of the Twin Saber that IMO makes it worth it.

I would replace the Twin Saber with a Gun/Wand combo. I usually carry two sets of wands myself - one for resta/reverser (duh), and a second wand for the area I'm hunting in.

Now to the fun part, the one where I've the most experience. Newman Wartechers are the best Wartechers you'll ever have. Period. No contest, nuff said, good game n00b.
    I also respectfully disagree, only because of the native stats of a Newman. The class bonus can compensate for their lack of ATP, but Newmans are still inherently more focused towards teching (I'd say 60/40) as a WT compared to the other races - they don't have the base stats to take hits like the other three races do nor the base ATP to dish out significant melee damage. The class bonuses for WT also favor TAP than ATP more, which means in the end, although you may be doing more tech damage, you'll have to rely on that more to do decent numbers rather than your melee (which would require high ground weapons to compensate).
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.