Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi ... Well, I have a question. I don't want to blame anyone or cause a problem because I can prove nothing, so I won't be listing names or the item in question, but I would like to know something about the exploits (not methods) and if there is a way to protect against them. I didn't see any topics specifically on this, and most of the other topics are a lot of flaming.

About my incident real quick, just for clarity:
    It was a rare I was selling in my store. I had been waiting for it to sale, and I came back to check on it after a run.

It was there when I came back, but a player was standing in my room for a long time. I went shopping and came back and she was still in there. Then finally she left after chatting with me for a moment. I did check my player log and there is one name on there who appears on the lists of other people's logs who have been hacked. So.. if someone wants to contact me for images that is fine. The person in my room also had around 4m meseta.

I checked my shop and the rare was gone but I had received no cash for it.

Did it poof due to a bug? Is this a known issue? Will closing my store help or do I need to PW my room also? Or is the only way to protect to move all items to characters? Any advice on the best way to protect items would be welcome.

Thanks!
    kimaya

I've noticed that pretty much anyone who's been hacked has owned a store, so it must be the only way the hacker/hackers can get into your room in the first place. Passwording doesn't hurt either.

But the My Room server glitch (should it exist), I don't think there's anything you can do about that. But please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm interested myself.

Yea.
    Ways they enter your room:

1.shop
    2.partner card

if you remove those two you can be safe.

Is there a way to take back your partner card from people? I removed a lot of people off my list unfortunately so it would be hard to track down who has my card by now... I don't think it is someone on my list though since I have a store. Anyway.. guess its time to close shop! .

Close shop. Reopen under an alt character. Keep really good/rare items away from the shop, and advertise them in the trade forums. That's the plan of action I came up with at least.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

Its ok about the people on your partner listt. Just make sure the ones you meet and send cards too are the good ppl~. You can always blacklist someone so that they cant bother you but the only way to do that ismeet them in person.

I have my room locked now. But for me to sell things i'm going to use an alt character and lock my main character's room. this is so i wont lose anything crazy.

ps. Check your private message

It appears that there is a glitch with the lock room. sometimes it will appear as your room is locked, but people still enter. If this happens, you will have to go back and lock the room again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-17 00:24 ]</font>

hmm... thats a good idea to open shop on an alt... I think I will do that. Also, does the "room bug" only allow people to take items from the room and ruin the PM, or can they go into the PM storage/shop storage?

A lot of people ask for cards, this allows them access to any of my characters rooms right? There the problem with that I guess.. I wish it didn't do that.

(ok)

There's alot of variations.
    1. Being that they steal your decos
    2. they reset your pm or mess up your pure pm by feeding it other stat points
    3. they mess up your synthesis by cancelling one or overriding a board that was currently in your pm
    4. they take things out of your storage or pm

these variations has happened already to alot of ppl ;/

ok... so theres probably all sorts of exploits making it hard to protect against them unless no one can access your home at all.. which doesnt protect from the room bug.. ah well. Guess have to do the best we can until sega addresses this one.

thanks again all.

Disclaimer: I've been out drinking. But I didn't drive. Please forgive my poor judgment.

Does that mean that the information regarding the exploit simply being a matter of chance is incorrect? I mean, is it safe to own a shop provided your room is locked, or has the posited theory regarding the method of forcing entry been proven correct?

Id be perfectly willing to shut the shop down, provided that it weren't completely possible to get into my room regardless...