Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

at first i was thinking it was because of the holydays and all but since we had maintenance yesteday i really dont know why anymore... oh and dont tell me our update is gonna be bigger caus this is not true

it is because of holidays, at least obstensibly.
    Coming Soon!

the content is made in japan so it natualy takes time to get here, there is most likely an intricate buisness plan behind it all.

sega think we are all kovolta... milk that cow baby!!!

On 2006-12-26 11:31, silvanas wrote:
    the content is made in japan so it natualy takes time to get here, there is most likely an intricate buisness plan behind it all.
    That would be giving SEGA a bit too much credit I think. PSU isnt run like one of the big MMORPGs with a large staff devoted just to content. The content all sits on the disc, and its all already been localized. Mostly its an unlocking process, with some tweaking of variables possible, some decisions as to unlock order, server maintenance and then patching as needed.

Supposedly no content now simply because of the holiday, which is likely staff on vacations etc. I dont think there is any major new content in Japan right now either, though I cant tell you why no content unti all the way out to the 12th. That part of it I agree has more to due with subscriptions likely, though possibly they are taking that down week in there to look at patches, but who knows really.

Here's the thing, C4 - Japanese programmers create some content. They get it kind of nice and ready to go, and they put it up for their Japanese players. Then it needs to be ported over to the US severs, complete with little quirks that need to be made so that it all fits fluently. There's also translation to keep in mind, which certainly takes more than a night. There may also have been notable bugs that need to be released as well that weren't noticed during testing that the Japanese picked up on, which we get. All of this causes a delay in the time it takes for us to get specific content.

That, and they make more money if they have us waiting. Mostly the former though.

simple answer: they have had the game longer therefore they have more content therefore get over it

On 2006-12-26 11:52, Sethimothy wrote:
    Here's the thing, C4 - Japanese programmers create some content. They get it kind of nice and ready to go, and they put it up for their Japanese players. Then it needs to be ported over to the US severs, complete with little quirks that need to be made so that it all fits fluently. There's also translation to keep in mind, which certainly takes more than a night. There may also have been notable bugs that need to be released as well that weren't noticed during testing that the Japanese picked up on, which we get. All of this causes a delay in the time it takes for us to get specific content.

That, and they make more money if they have us waiting. Mostly the former though.
    Nah AeraLure hit it right on the head.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

There is no new content being created. It is all server side. They DO have to change a bit of code here and there to, say, add the PP charger by the Flyer Base on Neudaiz, but other than that, all the major content (weapons, missions, et al.) are just how Aera said it.....

Also understand that the Japanese version was released before the US version, therefore they are ahead of our schedule. There is still some localization decisions to be made ( I believe we received 5 S rank missions in one update when Japan only got 4 for the same one), but it's pretty much controlled.