Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

I wouldn't mind Section ID's again, as long as they either let you choose them when you create your character, OR let you change it in the Salon/Dressing Room for a large amount of Meseta.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=12756#p12756

Copy-pasting my translation of the text from the teaser that I just posted at PSUPedia. Thanks to Shougai PSO for giving a list that's legible!

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2010/09/100917c.html

From Shougai PSO, here's a list of all of the text scrolling across the background in the trailer. First, phrases that relate to the game's new components:
    * "Action" and "RPG" re-connected
    * Increased variety of client orders
    * Map functions changing in real time
    * User-created story
    * New interface for environmental interactions
    * Global support
    * Thorough racial balances
    * Full-user participation events
    * Seasonal changes
    * New chat system
    * New mail functions
    * Drastic item synthesis overhaul
    * Even wider variety of ways to raise your character
    * New direction of event scenes
    * Approach from NPCs (New approach maybe?)
    * Silhouette changes by add-ons (Not too sure what they mean here.)
    * New photon arts (This was partially obscured in the video, so may not be 100% accurate.)
    * Community support content (Again, slightly obscured in the video.)
    * Additional customizations when you create your character
    * Category-based weapon training system (Slightly obscured.)
    * Implementation of asynchronous communication
    * New party system
    * Consideration of enemy cooperation
    * Limitless content
    * New approach to the game client
    * Implementation of a new "life work" (Partially obscured.)
    * Daily surprises
    * "Trump card" system
    * Mutual interaction functionality for new and veteran users

And now for words and phrases that give hints at the world of the game:
    * Awakening
    * Sealed stone monument
    * Pure Dark Falz (Partially obscured.)
    * Apostles of _____ (Partially obscured.)
    * Camp ship
    * Arkz
    * Why is darkness born?
    * Why is the Great Light no longer here?
    * A world in ruin

Yeah!!!!!!
    Console version Please.. Please... =)

Heal-bombing you~. <3 Ethateral's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=12756#p12756

Copy-pasting my translation of the text from the teaser that I just posted at PSUPedia. Thanks to Shougai PSO for giving a list that's legible!

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2010/09/100917c.html

From Shougai PSO, here's a list of all of the text scrolling across the background in the trailer. First, phrases that relate to the game's new components:
    * "Action" and "RPG" re-connected
    * Increased variety of client orders
    * Map functions changing in real time
    * User-created story
    * New interface for environmental interactions
    * Global support
    * Thorough racial balances
    * Full-user participation events
    * Seasonal changes
    * New chat system
    * New mail functions
    * Drastic item synthesis overhaul
    * Even wider variety of ways to raise your character
    * New direction of event scenes
    * Approach from NPCs (New approach maybe?)
    * Silhouette changes by add-ons (Not too sure what they mean here.)
    * New photon arts (This was partially obscured in the video, so may not be 100% accurate.)
    * Community support content (Again, slightly obscured in the video.)
    * Additional customizations when you create your character
    * Category-based weapon training system (Slightly obscured.)
    * Implementation of asynchronous communication
    * New party system
    * Consideration of enemy cooperation
    * Limitless content
    * New approach to the game client
    * Implementation of a new "life work" (Partially obscured.)
    * Daily surprises
    * "Trump card" system
    * Mutual interaction functionality for new and veteran users

And now for words and phrases that give hints at the world of the game:
    * Awakening
    * Sealed stone monument
    * Pure Dark Falz (Partially obscured.)
    * Apostles of _____ (Partially obscured.)
    * Camp ship
    * Arkz
    * Why is darkness born?
    * Why is the Great Light no longer here?
    * A world in ruin
    Bolded. Does that mean we'll be included with JP? D:?
    PSO2 - Ethateral FONewearl
    PSP2i - Ethateral 200 FNewman Force 50
    http://psupedia.info/User:Ethateral
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Shinthateral

Default PSO2, Im so happy........

About 10 years later we get a true PSO2, none of the episode 1-4 stuff, and none of the PSO type stiff clones (aka PSU) this is a real pso sequel. As a huge fan that played every pso version on dc/gc/pc this is huge news because anyone who did play original PSO knows how amazing PSO2 could be.

I do have my doubts, the fact that it seems to be announced for pc first means it may have the stiff and unfun controls of PSU, but i have faith that they can do this right. Loved how they used the original PSO music to announce it. Ill never forgive them if the butcher PSO2 like they did PSU. Come on sega make this game amazing.

On one hand im excited. On the off-hand im terrified and almost angry.

Well...

1) Unless they've been working on this game for years and we haven't known about it, 2011 release effectively means this game is going to be trash. Universe took forever to be released and it was still a steaming pile of unsifted kitty litter.

2) Yeah it has the NAME Phantasy Star Online 2, but lets be absolutely positively real now:

3) This is not the Sonic Team from the year 2000. This is 2010 Sonic Team -- this is Sonic the Hedgehog 06, PSU/AotI, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic the hedgehog 4...you know, those guys responsible for these countless "return to roots" rehash, sellout, medicore titles. They've been trying to "reboot" Sonic the Hedgehog for almost 9 years now, and have failed at every attempt.

Therefore,

4) They can give us back Mags, Section IDs, all the stages and all the old storyline elements they want, but no amount of rehashing or "returning to roots" will EVER make up for corner cutting in gameplay design, or just plain bad game design like PSU was plagued with.

PSO's environments, aniimations, music, and simplistic yet deep gameplay elements dont come from just any team. The old Sonic Team was like Squaresoft to me: technical and artistic genius. They came out with tons of great, innovative and technically advanced games. These people are just another team of programmers holding the torch and letting it fizz out.

My only hope?

They create this game with the same amount of detail they did with Sonic Unleashed, since thats the last game ST made internally that i felt they REALLY tried hard with, despite the bad development decisions.

Oh yeah, and no console release kind of urks me, although in all truth it's the absolute best course of action to take with any MMO. Hopefully this means if they'll port it to PS3/360, it'll be a true port instead of the bullshit PSU pulled. Seeing as both PS3, 360 and PC have Voice Chat, tons of storage space and high graphical and processing capabilities, i hope the development team goes all out with this title.

But even if this game is 100% amazing, the finishing blow will ALWAYS be the same with Sega -- US/EU support being less than what it should be.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Sep 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Whatever they choose to do with the game, I must say I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve when they announce stuff like this. let the rumours/excitement commence!
    Click On Banner

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    3) This is not the Sonic Team from the year 2000. This is 2010 Sonic Team -- this is Sonic the Hedgehog 06, PSU/AotI, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic the hedgehog 4...you know, those guys responsible for these countless "return to roots" rehash, sellout, medicore titles. They've been trying to "reboot" Sonic the Hedgehog for almost 9 years now, and have failed at every attempt.
    Sonic 4 is being made mostly by dimps, the Sonic game that Sonic Team is currently doing, has the potential to be the best 3D Sonic game so far, Sonic Colors.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I saw this in the middle of one of my classes this morning. I could barely contain myself. What a rush of emotions and memories!

I am curious if it will be PC only. I'm carefully optimistic right now - if it's PC only, no big deal - I'll play it through my TV with a controller. However, it would be even sweeter if it were on Xbox as well. I guess I just am not too big of a PC gamer. It was hard for me to keep getting on my PC for Blue Burst after awhile.

Either way, this announcement has given me some real hope for the coming years. It'll be something nice to play with a big audience again! I'm fairly sure that the nostalgia alone will bring many people back. I'm keeping my head up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    This......isn't......
    This is a dream......
    *pinch!*
    I don't think this IS a dream!

I'm so syched! Please let the team behind PSO and PSZero work on PSO2, and NOT the folks behind PSU.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664