PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Phantasy Star Online 2 > PSO2 General
Reload this Page Voice actors?

Old
  (#11)
Why Do I Still Post Here?

Default 06-23-2012, 09:30 PM

If you guys watch the English PSO2 credits, there's also a romanized list of Voice Actors. Unfortunately they don't specify what parts they played, but you get a general list.

There's some AAA-grade voice actors/actresses in there.

And man, I KNEW I recognized Lisa's voice actress. Kana Hanazawa has a very distinct voice. I think she did Chelsea in PSP2:I didn't she?

Edit: Checked the wiki. There's a lot of missing info - and they added voices to some NPCs that didn't have them (Coffee for instance). Hoping that info is revealed somehow.

* "The Internet hasn't made people more stupid, the Internet has made stupid people more accessible." -- Richard "The Dick" Coughlan
* Remember kids: Ridiculously long signatures with giant banner images = small manhood.
* 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Last edited by BahnKnakyu; 06-23-2012 at 09:44 PM..

Old
  (#12)
Rune Knight

Send a message via AIM to TheAstarion Send a message via MSN to TheAstarion  
Default 06-23-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
If you guys watch the English PSO2 credits, there's also a romanized list of Voice Actors. Unfortunately they don't specify what parts they played, but you get a general list.

There's some AAA-grade voice actors/actresses in there.

And man, I KNEW I recognized Lisa's voice actress. Kana Hanazawa has a very distinct voice. I think she did Chelsea in PSP2:I didn't she?

Edit: Checked the wiki. There's a lot of missing info - and they added voices to some NPCs that didn't have them (Coffee for instance). Hoping that info is revealed somehow.
Tutturu~

Lisa's VA was also Mayushii.

I love her voice for Lisa... it's like she's always on the verge of bursting out laughing or doing something lewd, and not sure which would be more awesome.

Surprised they haven't gotten Norio Wakamoto for this one. He did a great Magashi/Howzer. Ditto Rie Tanaka (Karen & Helga) and Romi Park (Tonnio).

PSU had some fantastic voice actors, it was one of the best things about it. PSO2 is shaping up the same way, but so far it seems to be mostly fresh faces we haven't heard before. Possibly to sever as many links as possible with PSU, which I hear Sakai was eager to do.

Old
  (#13)
Why Do I Still Post Here?

Default 06-24-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
Tutturu~

Lisa's VA was also Mayushii.

I love her voice for Lisa... it's like she's always on the verge of bursting out laughing or doing something lewd, and not sure which would be more awesome.

Surprised they haven't gotten Norio Wakamoto for this one. He did a great Magashi/Howzer. Ditto Rie Tanaka (Karen & Helga) and Romi Park (Tonnio).

PSU had some fantastic voice actors, it was one of the best things about it. PSO2 is shaping up the same way, but so far it seems to be mostly fresh faces we haven't heard before. Possibly to sever as many links as possible with PSU, which I hear Sakai was eager to do.
Well there's been a new "generation" of VAs that made their debut after PSU/AOTI's release. They probably think that a younger generation of VAs would appeal better to their target audience. I know I haven't heard of Hanazawa until Kannagi, and I think that came out after AOTI dropped. I do miss a lot of the old-school AAA-grade VAs: Ayako Kawasumi, Noto Mamiko, Wackymoto, Rie Tanaka, etc.

* "The Internet hasn't made people more stupid, the Internet has made stupid people more accessible." -- Richard "The Dick" Coughlan
* Remember kids: Ridiculously long signatures with giant banner images = small manhood.
* 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.