Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problem after chapter 0.

I've redone the chapter 3 times already because when I go to camp for the first time at the end of the chapter and there's a long conversation between the guy you meet and some girl on the ship I get the loading screen for the campsite and all I hear is music and I can still use the text box but nothing comes up all I get is a black loading screen. Help?

Exclamation Pso2 Chapter0 Black Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Asonohara View Post
    I've redone the chapter 3 times already because when I go to camp for the first time at the end of the chapter and there's a long conversation between the guy you meet and some girl on the ship I get the loading screen for the campsite and all I hear is music and I can still use the text box but nothing comes up all I get is a black loading screen. Help?
    I have a very similar problem. I added a whole bunch of information to this spoiler box just in case any of it can be used by anyone willing to help.
    Spoiler!

If anymore information is needed, I will add it as an edit to this post as well as answering with a reply.
    It seems that, at this point in time, this is a hardware issue.
    At this point, I just want to figure out whats happening here so that no one else has to deal with this like I have.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 23, 2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Editing details

Im on ship 2, and no, i havent tried that. Then again, i have no idea where the "delete character" thing would even be.
    Some simple directions would be nice to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try deleting and remaking your character? What ship are you on?
    I tried it but it didn't help. Exact same problem as before.
    As I said before though, what i'm really hoping will work is re-downloading the patches. If that fails above all else then I can't play Pso2 anymore.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 21, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Do you have any sort of Anti-Virus/Firewalls?
    I dont think thats the problem, but if you're suggesting I go and do a round with them off I can give it a shot.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 21, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

The firewalls may be allowing you into the game, but when you attempt to enter the lobby, it prevents the packets from getting through. This would explain the arrows (as it's attempting to send/recieve information) along with the black screen (it attempting over and over and over).

Try turning the firewalls/antivirus all the way off, then finish it and see if it still happens.
    Well, unless there is a firewall or anti-virus system installed on my computer that im unaware of, that didnt work either.

Edit: I'm actually looking for one now^, Its that bad.

I'm still betting on the patches.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 21, 2013 at 06:16 PM.

Now that I think about it, this very problem happened in an older version of the English Story Patch. The problem was that there was a quotation mark missing, so the game was expecting more input that was never going to come.

Therefore, I'm willing to bet that, based on that logic, Sega screwed something up on Chapter 00 and it's going to need to be patched (and soon). However, we're going to need a greater sample size than two players to accurately say that there's something wrong with the mission itself.

Well then... I have two questions about this perticular problem
    1. For how long has it been going on?
    We both only posted these today so it makes me think something happened with the update or something. [that or we just didn't get a patch or two from the file checker for some reason, i'll be able to test that some time tommorow hopefully]
    2. How the heck am i supposed to fix it?
    Most annoying bug/issue ever. Absilutely 0 posting of anything like this of all the google searches i've done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Altier View Post
    1. For how long has it been going on?
    Well, I can tell you with almost absolute certainty that it definitely wasn't happening before the Advance Quest update because I ran through that with my story-fodder character, and I wouldn't have been able to progress otherwise (unless there was an issue even that far back and Kion stealth-fixed it, but I somehow doubt that). I can only assume that the minor addition(s) they gave to Chapter 00 is/are the culprit somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altier View Post
    2. How the heck am i supposed to fix it?
    If I'm on the right track, you don't. It's a problem in the script files themselves that Sega will have to fix. Like I said, it's possible that they missed something (like a closing quotation mark) when they added in the one or two things for Chapter 00 and the game is expecting input because of that missed quotation mark. However, there is nothing left in the sequence to send you through, so it doesn't know how to handle it and hangs.

On the other hand, the only other possible answer is that something is wrong with your copy of the files for that mission, either because they were corrupted or because the patcher/checker did not actually complete successfully.

There IS one last-ditch fix you could try (that is not guaranteed to fix the problem, but hell, we're basically out of options at this point). Attempt to skip the event using the "Esc" key and see if that gets you through it or if it gets you to the black screen faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    There IS one last-ditch fix you could try (that is not guaranteed to fix the problem, but hell, we're basically out of options at this point). Attempt to skip the event using the "Esc" key and see if that gets you through it or if it gets you to the black screen faster.
    Tell me how that would work, because i'm pretty sure all the "Esc" key does is open up the main toolbar or w/e it's called when im in the game.

If I'm on the right track, you don't. It's a problem in the script files themselves that Sega will have to fix. Like I said, it's possible that they missed something (like a closing quotation mark) when they added in the one or two things for Chapter 00 and the game is expecting input because of that missed quotation mark. However, there is nothing left in the sequence to send you through, so it doesn't know how to handle it and hangs.
    And if it's a waiting game that im playing with SEGA as to when they fix a that patch that we all just got yesterday[2 days ago?], i dont think i can handdle it. after a week of trying to get it working, another week, or longer, is asking quite a bit.

However, we're going to need a greater sample size than two players to accurately say that there's something wrong with the mission itself.
    We could tell 'em to make a new character and try to play past the tutorial. I'd like to see what happens if one of their tech guys acctually tries that.
    edit: gotta find the problem first though.
    Last edited by Altier; Feb 21, 2013 at 08:26 PM.