Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It would also be nice if the normal non-Darker enemies in UQs dropped things other then outdated 11* weapons and excube fodder.

They feel like a waste of time when you know that only the bosses have anything you'd want, but you're unfortunately forced to deal with them if you want more ETs to pop.
    Yeah, that is terrible design from PSU, so they could have learnt, really...

So far, PSO2 was all right in the 'only bosses drop good stuff area', but it has steadily been getting worse. Ultimate is very poorly designed in that aspect.

Gameplay-wise, I think the corruptions in Ultimate are poorly designed, they are far too cheap and will destroy rangers much more than any other class.
    Also, it's cool to have strong, aggressive monsters with huge HP bars, but this mission was blatantly not tested as rangers. Most small monsters come after me when I play ranger, making the gameplay impossible, it does not matter how powerful ranger is when one cannot stand still for a split second or even put some distance between themselves and the enemies; something which does not happen as force =/

As for the 13* farming, noobs and tools who play games only for the rewards will always find a way to ruin the fun just to obtain a weapon they will then spend millions on to enhance fully and never use again. Those people are the real problem, SEGA is not.

The only thing I want from Ultimate forest is Chain Sawd, so I'll probably find all the other 12* and a few 13* before that happens...

Yes, people are a problem because they do what they want to do in a video game which doesn't affect others at all.

If only I knew sooner! Maybe I wouldn't have been such a jerk a year ago...

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

What I'm getting from this thread is that you guys want to get as powerful as fast as possible, rather than content to actually utilize the power in. Seems about right.

The game was the most fun when I was going through and unlocking areas for the very first time. Imagine if it didn't end with the Ruins field, it just kept going, Sanctum, Quarry, Coast, Seabed, Facility, Shiriona, Corrupt Forest, and so on. Imagine if there was no top and there was always a brand new fight waiting to be unlocked after a test of skill and power in the current one. You guys should be happy that you can only do EQs when you can because if you could spam it endlessly, you would, and then it wouldn't be fun anymore. The content dripfeed sucks but this is the only way you're going to be able to deal with it, and honestly, emergency quests add a pretty solid layer of immersion to the game that being able to do any time would remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    What I'm getting from this thread is that you guys want to get as powerful as fast as possible, rather than content to actually utilize the power in. Seems about right.
    Miss the part about sega perpetuating the 'wait for EQs' mentality?

Something as simple as hunting rockbears of the highest level is going to be scheduled by SEGA. The problem with that is self-explanatory I think.

I'd rather not repeat it again, but when did they ever tell us "you can only do H/VH/SH quests at xxxx time" before? That's right. It never happened before. I know this game is all about the drip feed, but this is a whole new level of it they're doing here.

The day I can't kill the highest level oodans in this game after the content is released when I damn well please is a sign something is wrong.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Nov 30, 2014 at 06:18 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

People want to get powerful as fast as possible, while being able to use that power in content (whether it be something like Time Attacks or trials such as Den or maybe something like Ultimate but with some sort of goal rather than just "run around for a bit until you clear").

You're making a false dichotomy, you can do both.

Also the EQ system is fucking garbage entirely. It should be removed, and replaced with meaningful content. Stuff doesn't get boring if it's good content, which is a point you seem to be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    People want to get powerful as fast as possible, while being able to use that power in content (whether it be something like Time Attacks or trials such as Den or maybe something like Ultimate but with some sort of goal rather than just "run around for a bit until you clear").

You're making a false dichotomy, you can do both.

Also the EQ system is fucking garbage entirely. It should be removed, and replaced with meaningful content. Stuff doesn't get boring if it's good content, which is a point you seem to be missing.
    Well now, you, and maenara helped me sum up a thought regarding game design quite nicely;

"Good content doesn't need a digital carrot on a stick that increases player performance to keep players playing"
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Nov 30, 2014 at 06:54 AM.

Well, I was replying to Maenara actually, but whatever. _(:3」∠)_

Well, I was replying to Maenara actually, but whatever. _(:3」∠)_
    I know you were. I read, and replied about it anyway.

I like the general idea of EQs. I dislike their current implementation. EQs should be a supplement to the main game, not a central attraction. I should be excited to see an EQ because it yields an extra opportunity to accomplish what I want to do, not the only opportunity to accomplish what I want to do. With maybe a handful of exceptions, there shouldn't be any items in an EQ that I can't acquire from someplace that's accessible to me 24/7. I'm okay with Elder and Loser having a few special shinies because hey, they're the big bads, but locking special shinies in Urban Recovery, and soon, Subdue Fang Banther, is just silly.

I should be able to play and hunt on my schedule, not the EQ schedule.

Amen.
    I hate it so much.
    Our playstyle and playing time revolves around EQs mostly. There is very little incentive to play other quests atm besides SHAQs and these are often a nogo cause of the caps for which you have to play a different SHAQ or pay absurd amounts of meseta (700k for a single SHAQ worth of caps).
    And even then, unless you have a high probability of being able to keep the risk, they are pointless.
    Without high risk they are barely different from normal exploration.
    I'd rather run VHAQs to get Modulator rather than a bunch of SHAQs with the very highly probability of not getting anything decent and not getting my risk very high and just running out of caps.

There are so many SHAQ / XQ boost days cause people don't play them nearly as much as intended.
    Sega needs to remove the cost for playing them and maybe turn down the rewards a little, so that they are not exclusively for hunting specific things but are something you can just do whenever you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Well now, you, and maenara helped me sum up a thought regarding game design quite nicely;

"Good content doesn't need a digital carrot on a stick that increases player performance to keep players playing"
    Yeah, it's poor game design.
    What's infuriating is that the game is inherently fun but sega fucks up the part after the basics so always it could be fun, but isn't.