Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

Spoiler!

@Zorafim:
    Spoiler!

I'm going to address this here because it's related to my story rather than yoshi's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim
    Oh, and something I've been meaning to mention. This one's for stukasa. Despite embedding the video onto the page looking neater, I've found an advantage to the way Yoshi does it. With Yoshi's method, I can middle click and move on with the story, Xing the video when it's no longer needed. With the embedded video, I need to scroll up from where the music is supposed to end, and stop it, before continuing. I figured that was worth bringing to your attention. The embedded video is more aesthetically pleasing, but less functional.
    How do other people feel about this? I'm pretty OCD about sticking to a particular format, especially one I've been using for a couple years now, but if everyone thinks it's more convenient for me to give links rather than use embedded videos, I can do that. I don't disagree with Zorafim's assessment; to me it doesn't matter much either way. What does everyone else think?

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Unlike my story, the segmentation in yours tends to give a good indication of where a song starts and where it ends. Though the layout doesn't really bug me, if you want my opinion, it's whether or not you want to be more minimalistic.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

It's honestly not a big deal. It's a little annoying to have to scroll up after every song, but it's only a few times a chapter. And the way you have it set up, it's easy to jump back to where I was anyway. Plus, I think I can just press the youtube button to get it onto another tab anyway. Dunno why I didn't think of that earlier.
    Also, you've been really good at matching song times with reading lengths. I think the last two chapters, more often then not the song ended just as I finished reading the song's section. So good show on that.

Visually, your current setup is really nice. Going away from embedded links would take away from that. So, it might not be worth changing.

After much reflection, I think I'll stick with my existing format for now. The consensus seems to be "meh, either way" and I do like the visual flourish the embedded videos provide. Plus, I've already written nine parts of my story that haven't been posted yet. At an average of four songs each that's roughly 36 song links I would have to change if I wanted to alter it now.

In other news, I'll probably wait until NEXT Saturday to start releasing season 2. I want a little extra buffer in case I get sick, go on vacation, or whatever.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Sounds like the job of a laptop if vacations become a thing. Would just need to backup everything.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Sounds like the job of a laptop if vacations become a thing. Would just need to backup everything.
    You expect me to go on vacation and spend all my time working on my story? Actually, last year when I was still brainstorming ideas for the sequel I went on vacation for a week and came back with a notebook full of ideas and chunks of scripts. I don't have a laptop so it was all handwritten--I had to type it all up when I got back. That was the trip where I came up with a lot of the general ideas I had for the story and many of the characters, like Kira and Ivan.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

It begins.

CHAPTER 6.1 [8/15/15]
    Spoiler!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Alright, as promised, I wanted to do a complete review of my thoughts from Season 1 since I didn't do a great job of chapter-by-chapter feedback like I wanted to do

Spoiler!

I think that's about it! Overall Season 1 was a fun ride and you've become so much better as a writer in so many facets. Not that you were bad by any means before :P Very much looking forward to what Season 2 offers and I'll try to reply to your chapters a bit more promptly this time!

Spoiler!