Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    I'm a strong disbeliever in non physical addictions. If it's not causing siezures and voices in your head it's just idiocy. The only symptom of a mental addiction is disappointment, which absolutely anyone can handle fine.

Edit: vvv It's in no way forced, people make a conscious willing decision to hurt themselves. No addiction at all physical or mental can make you do anything. I have met people claiming to suffer from a mental addiction, and I try very hard to cut myself off from them. If someone is willing to do something that shitty I want nothing to do with them. They're just scumbags or trying very hard to play the victim.
    the reason why you don't believe in gambling addiction is because you have it. your weird defense of multiple layers of RNG gating in other threads is proof in addition to these goofy semi-libertarian screeds here.

Actually no guy, I play literally a hundred different games, most of which have absolutely no RNG. So when I play a loot based game, I want to experience that. Also that was a very bad assumption, since getting a one in a million crazy sweet drop is completely different than risking something for a fair chance at winning more. I don't believe in gambling addiction because it's not a thing. Saying otherwise you're basically saying kleptos, liars, pedos, and abusive assholes aren't scumbags, but people suffering who should get everyones pity. If you'd ever had any experience with what actual addiction is, you would not put a craving for something on nearly the same level, because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN CONTROL ANYBODIES ACTIONS. Mental addiction is a scapegoat for a majority of the world to be pieces of shit.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Mental addiction is a scapegoat for a majority of the world to be pieces of shit.
    I do not have evidence right now because I am too lazy to google, but I am near certain that there have been cases of people who entirely neglected personal health/hygiene and obligations only and only to continue playing video games. This is a type of mental addiction.

Actually no guy, I play literally a hundred different games, most of which have absolutely no RNG. So when I play a loot based game, I want to experience that. Also that was a very bad assumption, since getting a one in a million crazy sweet drop is completely different than risking something for a fair chance at winning more. I don't believe in gambling addiction because it's not a thing. Saying otherwise you're basically saying kleptos, liars, pedos, and abusive assholes aren't scumbags, but people suffering who should get everyones pity. If you'd ever had any experience with what actual addiction is, you would not put a craving for something on nearly the same level, because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN CONTROL ANYBODIES ACTIONS. Mental addiction is a scapegoat for a majority of the world to be pieces of shit.
    Edit: vvv That kinda fits with what I said. I'm sure they didn't become vegetables from playing, they had to have understood what was happening around them. If they were capable of processing speech, and thinking, then that was 100% their choice to do those things. I've played games nonstop since infancy, and I'm only moderately gross, and get all my junk done.

Edit again: Damnit, switch that vvv to a ^^^. I accidentally hit reply.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    you dig until you got everything in the box, but still random on what you get first, just like the real one
    This one sounds fair. I wish we have something similar here in scratches. I tired of getting multiple copies of shit I already have, don't need or can't use.

I spent more than 15000 SG on this scratch already and still need 17 items from it... And no trace of Elegant wings, Beldia Ribbon B, Zelsius Neck A and Zelsius Sun [Ba] I want most. 3 Days left...

they had to have understood what was happening around them. If they were capable of processing speech, and thinking, then that was 100% their choice to do those things.
    That's an assumption based on nothing.

I've played games nonstop since infancy, and I'm only moderately gross, and get all my junk done.
    "I'm not addicted to the point of destroying my own life so nobody else can be addicted like that either" isn't a argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    This one sounds fair. I wish we have something similar here in scratches. I tired of getting multiple copies of shit I already have, don't need or can't use.

I spent more than 15000 SG on this scratch already and still need 17 items from it... And no trace of Elegant wings, Beldia Ribbon B, Zelsius Neck A and Zelsius Sun [Ba] I want most. 3 Days left...
    You think that sounds fair but it really isn't. Games that use that system usually have 10,000 1* reawards, 5,000 2* rewards, 2,500 3* rewards 1000 4* rewards and maybe 100 5* rewards if you're lucky. And very rarely are any of these 1~4* upgradeable into 5*. Yes the more shit you get the higher the changes are that you get something good but at this point you're basically mining for diamonds on a waste disposal site.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Dec 2, 2018 at 05:45 AM.

It's true that at the end of the day, even having regular rare drops is in it's own way, a form of gambling. MMOs are designed to make you play as long as possible because the more you play, the more chances that you'll spend money, either on the old model like WoW where you pay for a monthly subscription or in the modern model where you pay for micro transactions.

In my particular case, while I don't care much about scratch tickets (I rarely keep what I win, I just use my wins to make quick cash), I did care about random drops in 2 occasions: back when everyone and their dog wanted a Saki Set and more recently, getting an EPD. I did waste AC (AKA real world money) in order to buy 300% drop boosters, with of course no end results because fuck RNG. I never got an EPD and only got my full Saiki set back when 11★ unit tickets got to be a thing.

I'm currently playing PS Nova on my Vita, a game that uses PSO2 as a base, but being offline, almost everything is handed to you by just playing the game. Playing all of the quests in all difficulties and doing every client orders basically unlocks everything: PA and Techs, weapons, shield, etc.

So ya, every MMO is in a way, is built around a gambling system, that's how they make money. That being said, things like loot boxes or scratch tickets in the case of PSO2 use gambling at it's purest and more obvious form, which is: spend X amount of cash to try to win a great prize, if you fail, then you can try again, and again, and again.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Dec 2, 2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

That wasn't an assumption, it was a blatant fact, people are aware of things that happen around them. And also I was wrong lol, after all this I looked more into stuff about addiction. Addiction is specifically when people repeatedly do bad things that bring them joy. I thought an addiction and dependency were the same thing. My point still stands though, these people are stupid and deserve whatever bad comes of what they do. This will be my last post about this, talking to you people in "Addiction is a disease" mode is gonna give me an aneurysm. I also just got a strong urge to start pathologically beating my wife and kids, so I should probably get to doing that. (Please feel bad for me while it happens, and thanks, I know you will.)
    P.S. I know I'll be getting shit for this, but it was too tempting.
    v2.567486457.968

Anyway just addition to my previous post,

Just a source related to compu gacha ban in Japan in 2012: https://www.adweek.com/digital/japan...-social-games/.

Also sorry I also made a mistake on last post "... but that ban doesn't last long, until today ..." Actually, these companies just get their way over it (based on Wikipedia). How they get their way I'm not sure, but that includes, but not limited to, showing the drop rate publicly, giving an actual reward after drawing X number of random reward, that box gacha model, etc.

My point still stands though,
    You still haven't made a point tho. You used non-arguments, assumptions that how you operate automatically applies to everyone else and dismissed science by analogies that make no sense.