Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Cleared Depth 15. I guess I am fortunate that I have always been varied with JBs so far since he still doesn't use the barrier on me. I wonder how the arena will change at Depth 20.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

managed to clean up my phase1 more or less. missed a few counters, probably would have been sub 2 otherwise. shien katana
    Spoiler!

Well, I made it to it's final phase after the 4 tries (took me 2 tries to learn that using Barantsion was suicide ), but I ran out of useful light techniques that he wasn't blocking. Any strategies to will prevent him from blocking techniques?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Well, I made it to it's final phase after the 4 tries (took me 2 tries to learn that using Barantsion was suicide ), but I ran out of useful light techniques that he wasn't blocking. Any strategies to will prevent him from blocking techniques?
    you have to resort to using ilbarta. you can lock onto his core so it's damage isn't unreasonable but, you don't really have other options. no way around him blocking techs, once a single tech has done 20% of his HP, that tech is blocked. each tech/compound has its own barrier.

I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think you have to vary, mix and match different moves. If this won't prevent him from blocking anything, but can at least greatly postpone barrier rising. At least I play as Fi and and constantly using different PAs and never had any real problems with barriers.

To add to what Mil said

While the way I did with FO is not exactly time attack tier, it still let me clear within 3 minutes or so
    - Throw a few ragrants while keeping close, wait for him to backdash, then use Barantsion sideways during his projectile barrage (you can also release Barantsion right as he does the final attack of his double slash into slam but that requires some good timing since the invul on that is pretty short). Use Re Barantsia when you feel the need to dodge and reposition.

- Use Pflare with rod and spam Ilgrants + Grants. you want to do about 2 grants for 1 Ilgrants. Don't hesitate to use pillars as cover for his projectile barrage.
    If you do well enough, he should actually be well into his second phase and decide to resist one, if not both your techs. If not you can keep using the techs even outside of Pflare to shave off as much of his HP as you can.

- You can now pop Zandion very freely, just be sure it's either well before, or after his grab attack because your Zandion would then fully miss during his teleports.
    Normally with all this he should be close, or using his final attack. Just push him to that threshold with techs he hasn't resisted yet (grants/Ilgrants/Ragrants/Ilbarta as Mil said is okay too). I'd advise to use Nabarta if you're a bit unsure about the timings.

- Regardless of whether or not he performed his ultimate attack, once you run out of light techs, and provided your compounds landed,he should be veeery close to death, so you can normally finish him off with Re Barantsia and/or another Barantsion if it went off cooldown.(depending on how much you used it to reposition, he might end up resisting that, but when he does, one of your 3 other light techs hasn't been resisted yet so you can finish him off with said tech instead)

My FO gear is not that godly, and I didn't go there with mad boosts or mad strats either, but pretty sure FO can ruin this boss in around 2 minutes (my 3 minutes run was on stage 7 and I only looked for a not too painful clear). This strat also revolves around your compound actually landing, so be sure to resort to Ilbarta should they miss and all your light techs are cucked
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 7, 2018 at 07:16 AM.

I haven't tried myself, but how does a ranger deal with this quest? Parallel Slide 0 seems great until he blocks it. What do you have after that? Facetank him while using end attract or sat cannon? Can your mates last enough?
    And the high jump + double jump into end attract strat doesnt sound too good here since mask seems to be able to reach anywhere with his attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAG View Post
    I haven't tried myself, but how does a ranger deal with this quest? Parallel Slide 0 seems great until he blocks it. What do you have after that? Facetank him while using end attract or sat cannon? Can your mates last enough?
    And the high jump + double jump into end attract strat doesnt sound too good here since mask seems to be able to reach anywhere with his attacks.
    Unfortunately I had to start going down the list. One point and piercing shell work well enough, but past that you start having to rely on stuff like grenade shell and homing emission-0. Loading and using wbs just for their damage is also an option. Also, I don't recommend using tps mode due to how flighty he is. Just lock on and don't let him out of your sight.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAG View Post
    you can use a combination of weak bullet and launcher PAs to circumvent that (Zero Distance and Rodeo Drive 0 are surprisingly good at that) to postpone the inevitable Parallel Slider resist. Good old One point and Homing emission 0 are also pretty good for this boss

On the depth's selector there's 3 numbers ... so that's mean this boss have at least 100 depth, and potentially 999 !!
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3