Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by A Man in Flames View Post
    I knew something along these lines would happen sooner than never. Thank goodness cause getting multiple 5 star characters from Gacha is cancer. The pricing for gacha pulls is cancer.

Otherwise, I mostly love Idola.
    As far I’m aware, it’s for limited characters (for now) which is actually good enough.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by wahahaha View Post
    As far I’m aware, it’s for limited characters (for now) which is actually good enough.
    A good start, agreed. I'll give Sega the benefit of the doubt we'll have the ability to limit break non event/limited 5 start characters with special items.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I know the banner for this collab has been in the game for a while now, but I was really hoping it was just going to be cancelled tbch.

How this is the first collab they chose out of anything at all is beyond me, and if I am to be completely honest (yes, just my opinion), it looks quite crap (this is me trying to phrase it nicely anyway). If it was just going to be one or two characters it would have been one thing (the full voiced story part is annoying, because it will probably be included in the 'optional download data' that you have no choice whatsoever over which stuff is-or-isn't downloaded, and it already puts the game waaay over 3gb, which also cannot be moved to SD card, etc etc), but the new 'Idola' is the absolute worst part. I mean, I never really play the game in public per se, but I sure as ---- wouldn't now with a giant naked thing running around on screen (rolls eyes).

Collabs should have only been characters, and maybe related items/symbols, NOT Idola, because by including 'Idola' which have nothing to do with the main story (i.e. them having any sort or purpose/meaning, as well as (mostly) being zodiac related, etc) kiiiiind of defeats the purpose/premise they were seemingly going for.

Idk, at least the AoT/SnK collabs in PSO2 were for the most part completely avoidable (aside for the big lobby 'decoration,' although it was easily ignored too if you wanted) and weren't permanently shoved in your face like this one will be by including an 'exclusive' Idola. Collabs were also low key in a sense for es (aside from $$ from gacha). I don't recall any collab, in either, being completely integrated into a MAJOR part of the entire game though.

Sure this is a bit of a rant, and a collab in itself isn't something that I have a problem with; but this is basically throwing the integrity of (parts of) the game out of the window (to a degree/imo) because while Idola were supposed to actually represent something main-story related, we are now just going to have a bunch of random nonsense ones that never should have happened. I mean, even the first 'es collab' was just introducing one character, Gene, who was even given lowly Chameleon for an Idola.

Idk, kind of feels like a major sellout of the 'premise' or 'purpose' of the game/what they were originally aiming for (are they really out of main story ideas already??), and we literally just finished a 'half-anniversary,' aka a whole six months into the game.

Last edited by nyaaaaa; May 21, 2019 at 04:13 AM.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

...I have learned that nobody reads signatures.

You don't have to fight the Titan at all if you don't want to. At no point other than once in the side event are you forced to fight it. So just avoid Idola listings for it if it bugs you so much.

As for Gene getting Chameleon, just like Flammie and Quna, storywise they're new to the world, they don't even have a clue what the Zodiates are, so it make sense for them to end up with Chameleon. Gameplay-wise though, Gene is pretty much the strongest character in the game, not factoring in element resist. Do we need to give her a Zodiate which will most likely cement her status as unmatched?

Anyway, if I have a gripe for this update, it's basically how much of a cash grab this update is. Not the AoT collab, but the fact that they advertise limited dolls as something you can use to upgrade your limited characters, but there are huge caveats to this. Gene and Messala don't count as "limited characters" even though their acquisition IS limited. Furthermore, it takes 10 dolls to do one Limit break upgrade, with the only method of acquisition at the moment being 10pulls for a single doll from the AoT gacha. Hopefully they'll add other methods of getting the dolls, and I do have faith that they will make it fair to acquire more later on, but at the moment, it just comes off as a very bad aftertaste.

I personally think the title screen looks a mess, and also looks like a blue xbox.
    For Idola listing, I hate seeing Giant Eren flooding the list either, it would be great if they add another tab dedicated for collab enemies and move them there.

On the bright side, Star Diamond rewards and EB crystals from collab are blessings. Better save 'em for future idola character use.

Other topic:
    New rare enemy: Ido Rappy
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by LinkEP; May 22, 2019 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkEP View Post
    New rare enemy: Ido Rappy
    Spoiler!
    The most important thing to come out of this update.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I do agree with one or two points, one being the limited dolls. I have both Christmas Rosa and NY Stella, but both are +0, so it almost gave a slight bit of hope (but not one I was going to hold my breath for).

Side note: I believe there is a limited doll (just one) in the event item exchange shop, but iirc it costs 500 items, or roughly the same that a 5* rarity up stone/item usually costs; so people can make their own conclusions of that valuation of the item I guess (especially since you need 40x of them if you only drew one copy of a limited card vs. needing just five of the rarity up items).

Unfortunately, the main thing I see about these limited dolls, is a specific reason for their introduction. Granted, this is a relatively questionable marketing strategy/practice that would be being used here, so again, up to the user/player to decide about that. Basically the strategy is to introduce an item that initially raises hope in some way, in order to distract from what will eventually be a major p.i.t.a. item due to the knockdown effects of them 'simply being available.'

So basically: Sega let the information out that they would release these items, so people that have a non-maxed 'limited' card (which, as pointed out, seems to be up to Sega's discretion which ones actually qualify as 'limited,' and so far it is just the 'weak-ish ones that aren't OP/quite strong,' which is why Gene/Messalah probably won't be included anytime soon) would sense a bit of hope. This also raises some hope amongst the players in general (don't need to have the card themselves) that Sega are 'on the right path/direction' or whatnot; wherein the reality of the matter is that this item was most likely created so they could proceed to add exclusive Idola/items/drops/etc to new Limited cards in the future/going forward, and get away with it without facing a major backlash (as can be seen, well, now already).

This way they can guarantee one of two things: 1) the player will either be forced to go all-in to max a limited character when they are available, or 2) at minimum commit enough to draw (at least) one copy, and then try to make up the rest later. Either way, you are sort of coerced into it simply because of the 'Limited' tag (if it is something you 'want' anyway; the point is moot if not).

Why did people not have problems before, with Christmas Rosa or NY Stella? Because they: a) didn't offer anything new really (same Idola, gifts, etc) and b) they weren't really that strong/good, or at least in comparison to their original versions.

This mindset shifted a bit when Gene and Messalah were released though, as Gene was the new OP card and Messalah was also good/strong but most notably came with an exclusive Idola (and its corresponding weapon and soul symbols). So people were starting to get a bit wary of the limited gacha mechanic (if it were to continue). This is why these limited doll items are actually more harmful than beneficial (except to the whales that just draw until they have everything of course): they pushed the boundary basically with Gene and Messalah's limited gachas and knew they probably wouldn't be able to do it again without some sort of fallback option. This item provides that, and allows them to continue locking things behind limited gachas because now 'you have a way to make up for it if you didn't get everything' (although you do still kind of need at least ONE copy; and if my 100+ pulls (10pull 10+ times) during Gene's gacha proves anything, even getting 'just one copy' isn't always guaranteed).

As of right now, idk how strong any of these three new AoT/SnK characters are, but seeing as to how Sega even added a specific 6* weapon focused on them/their skills, I am going to assume they won't be classified in the 'Not great but I use them because they look nice' category like the two holiday variants mentioned. Not to mention (and this is why you CAN'T just 'ignore' the current collab which was suggested and something I already considered/wanted to do) that several specific types of soul symbols have finally been added to the game that some people may have been waiting for (while others may not need them), and they are all tied to this collab.

- Dmg up when Fire Idola is downed? It is one of these collab soul symbols.
    - +2 fire element upon reverse rush? It is one of these collab soul symbols (yes, it is dropped from the 'exclusive' collab Idola itself as a 5* fragment; as to whether it also has an exclusive weapon (like Scorpio) or not, I don't know).

So these are standard (you could even argue core to the standard gameplay) soul symbols, items, etc that are being tied to this 'collab.' This is probably the biggest issue I have. Sure, you could ignore this event (although it currently feels basically more of an AoT/SnK game than Idola itself until this passes), but you will end up missing out on some core pieces of gameplay, which should never have been tied to a collab but rather to something in-game or story related.

And fwiw, none of this has anything to do with my opinion of the AoT/SnK series itself or anything. This collab could have been the most ideal/favorite collab in history for me on a personal level (no clue what that would be per se, just illustrating the point) and every single one of these points (aside from the visual 'bleh' factor I guess) would remain.

....also, that was way longer than I thought it was going to be. ...oops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

PSA:

You cannot have more than 100,000 Battle Arena coins. If you happen to earn coins that push you past 100K, you will have them but once you're holding 100K or greater, you will get 0 coins in any subsequent battles.

I tried to game the system and failed. Sega was onto me.

Quote Originally Posted by A Man in Flames View Post
    PSA:

You cannot have more than 100,000 Battle Arena coins. If you happen to earn coins that push you past 100K, you will have them but once you're holding 100K or greater, you will get 0 coins in any subsequent battles.

I tried to game the system and failed. Sega was onto me.
    Speaking of arena coins, I know one of the in-game news posts mentioned a second round/grouping/etc for the arena coin gacha, but didn't notice a date or anything on it (might have overlooked it for all I know). Is it just something that shows up after completing the first 9 steps, or will it be a full reset across the board/game at some point?

Mostly just curious because even though I can defeat several top500 (end of week) players (I defeated a top200 yesterday, picking the middle option of course, but I would assume it doesn't default to their actual arena squad used but instead their most recently used in-game, because it was a fairly easy 7-0 win), I still don't have the second copy of Barnabas yet, due to my game crashing or freezing during arena battles 90%+ of the time (can we please get an option to turn off all the fancy/unnecessary stuff Sega?). The first week the arena was introduced I couldn't even complete the bingo card because I could never finish the battles without a freeze or crash; so now I just pick either the middle or easiest difficulty (depends on how my phone is running at the time) and avoid using too many EBs while making sure to clear out the opponent before they use any. Not ideal, and definitely a massive hit to the amount of arena coins I can gain, but you have to do what you have to do I guess.

------------

Off-topic/smaller PSA (although people probably already know by now):

The current event exchange shop Soul Symbol on offer does not boost item drops, but instead gives 2x experience gains. While I like seeing them trying something new with that aspect (getting 30k exp on just a regular/non-AoT character that didn't even participate (support slot) after defeating the Ido-rappies is nice), it does also unfortunately come with the noticeable detract of having to gacha for one of the item boost symbols. If they come at lvl.10, I suppose you could dismantle it and then re-create four of them with the pieces, but that is far from ideal (although the 4* symbols usually aren't worth using after the boost is over anyway, so might be worth it there I guess).

Also, how often have you guys encountered the Ido-rappy battle thus far, and what are the drop rates for the Rappy Cannon fragment from your experience? I have only encountered them twice so far, and had nothing but a bunch of 6xx gold drops from the first one, but the second encounter dropped (1) one fragment.

Edit: Also, I have yet to see anyone with the second 5* event item-drop-boosting soul symbol, and it is neither in any exchange shops nor listed in the gacha list. So is it presumably going to be part of the second exchange (if there is one; the usual blue first/red second) when it releases I guess? Just seems a bit odd that the article for the current 'blue' quest shows a list of all three item-drop-boosting soul symbols, but one of them is nowhere to be found as of now.

Oh and there is a second limited doll available so far. It is a reward for a lvl.88 free quest after clearing the AoT story. Although unless you have a completely maxed Stella and bring another one with you, it isn't exactly easy (I tried twice and got close but didn't clear it; but I still don't have orig. Stella + and my Water team isn't the greatest anyway).
    Last edited by nyaaaaa; May 25, 2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.