Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kamekur View Post
    -Why are graphs some text classification instead of actual stats. Text acclaractions aren't clear and are annoying since you have to get the info from 2 places instead of just looking at a number.
    -Rangers get natural dex from tree, so I'd say they're higher than normal.
    -Why is rare mastery braver even recommended? That extra dex doesn't even help braver mag.
    -Sword gear isn't a must in most builds. Just Guard either.
    -Wise stance up 1 maxed isn't a must either.
    -First Hit helps partizan, launcher, rifle mobbing...in my opinion it has the same or more priority than weak hit blast. It's a free 20%.
    -ZRA1, 2 and PK maxed are a must unless you want a RaGu chain trigger only build.
    -Shifta advance maxed isn't bad.
    Raw stats are raw stats are raw stats.

As soon as I get some raw numbers that aren't going to fill up 3 pages when expanded, I'll put them in instead
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

The class stats are multiplied by the base stats to give the final ones. So basically, you take the class stats and multiply based on rase and gender. I'm not entirely sure those class stats change linearly per level though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...base_stats.txt

@Reversal: If you're using katana, yes avoid dex mag. Its not worthwhile for you if you're not doing things with bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    The class stats are multiplied by the base stats to give the final ones. So basically, you take the class stats and multiply based on rase and gender. I'm not entirely sure those class stats change linearly per level though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...base_stats.txt

@Reversal: If you're using katana, yes avoid dex mag. Its not worthwhile for you if you're not doing things with bows.
    that's fine, if they're percents I can reverse engineer base stats per class at 65. Which I have done and will be adding to the OP in a few minutes. thanks for the info.

EDIT: aaaand done. Thanks for the info, Shadowth. That helped a lot.

Also. reversal: it should be noted that depending on race and gender you may need to add a bit of dex to your mag to be able to equip certain katanas, particularly if you want to use them early. many good katanas require 430 Dex to use. newmans won't reach this on their own even with 3 SP in ability up and other races won't clear 440. I would consider putting 10-30 dex on the mag and do the rest in S atk for pure katana.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 22, 2014 at 07:12 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    that's fine, if they're percents I can reverse engineer base stats per class at 65. Which I have done and will be adding to the OP in a few minutes. thanks for the info.

EDIT: aaaand done. Thanks for the info, Shadowth. That helped a lot.

Also. reversal: it should be noted that depending on race and gender you may need to add a bit of dex to your mag to be able to equip certain katanas, particularly if you want to use them early. many good katanas require 430 Dex to use. newmans won't reach this on their own even with 3 SP in ability up and other races won't clear 440. I would consider putting 10-30 dex on the mag and do the rest in S atk for pure katana.
    &Shadowth117
    Thanks for the tips, I was being really careful not to let dex level up but I'll take your advice here.

PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

The division between good and bad PAs is kind of misleading, especially the HU and FI ones.
    HU PA, and basically all close combat classes, are still based around combining them, for instance rising edge allows to gain height to execute a stronger PA like Overend. That way you can reach hit-boxes that you won't be able to do so, just by jumping, besides avoiding some attacks.
    Some correction on trick rave, it has an AOE, besides being able to knock down enemies to expose their weak spots, which you can then finish off with slide end, or another PA. It also allows you gain height and connects with certain hitboxes, like Goldrahda red spot on their backs, if you place yourself correctly.

I'm not trying to offend anyone or playing expert, but the list sounds like it was complied by someone who didn't spend a lot of time playing some of the classes. However in an MPA and AQ you probably will be limiting yourself using the "good" PAs, but if you solo bosses, running TA or XQ you will use some of the "bad" PAs to complete certain tasks.
    Instead of diving the PAs in good or bad, maybe lists them like what you have done with techs, and highlight how weapon gears will change the combat flow of close combat classes and their PAs.
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)

Honestly, Unlucky and I haven't played melee in while, but one of the problems with what you're talking about is it' assumes you're going to be comboing PAs which sadly shouldn't be happening much. I see where you're coming from though. Maybe we can use a rating system instead of something as black and white as good and bad. regardless "lets me knock stuff down so i can kill it faster" seems like a bad excuse in the face of the OPness of braver which is the stick by which most measure.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

I feel sometimes like everyone is talking about 65/65 with +440 in affixes who all one hit everything already.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

You're actually going to sit through the entirety of Trick Rave just to jump higher?

I mean maybe for Dal Malri or something if you don't have WB for his body, but that's about it.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    I feel sometimes like everyone is talking about 65/65 with +440 in affixes who all one hit everything already.
    Far from it. My braver is 58/44 with a once unlocked Lambda Kalicizma and poorly affixed units. She roflstomps everything on SH and has been unstoppable since level 5 when I picked up shunka and hatou. if you think you need to be lvl 65/65 to hit like a truck, you're doing it wrong.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT