Page 154 of 206 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154155156157164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Here is my december practice stuff:
    Spoiler!

Here a copy of my Deviantart journal:
    Thats what I am gonna do this year. No, this is not a new years resolution, since I decided on this somewhere October.

So, why am I gonna practice?
    The past year haven't been very happy anymore with how my artworks look. They all look flat and boring to me and I feel like I've been drawing the same artwork for years and I wanna change that.

So thats why I decided... PRACTICE! Why? BECAUSE I'VE HARDLY PRACTICED the past 8 years that I've been drawing more seriously. I was always just doing my thing, drawing the stuff I wanna draw. I've tried to do some practice, like drawing figures from reference, but I usually got bored after doing that like 5 times and then just reverted back to do my own stuff. I have to say: I have come pretty far doing that, but I think I am currently hitting a wall that I can't just 'brute force'.

So, if previous practice attempts didn't work out, then what should I do? I've been thinking a lot about that, since simply copying stuff doesn't work for me. I am the type of person that needs the understand things, or else I am just wasting my time. To decide how I am gonna practice, I first need to set of goal of what I want to improve on. My current goal is to give my artworks more depth by making better use of perspective and foreshortening.

With that in mind I am gonna do the following things:
    1. I am gonna copy works from the amazing artist KD Stanton ( www.artstation.com/artist/kd42… ). His works are some of the best I've seen when it comes to dynamic scenes and he also has a great use of light in his paintings. Besides making a copy, I will also create an own artwork, using the same composition. By doing that my brain actually needs to work and think on how to solve the problems. The copying is mostly to fuel my muscle memory.

2. I am gonna draw lots of dynamic and foreshortened poses that also has some perspective distortion. I will do these poses both from reference and from my imagination. From reference is so I can build up the muscle memory. From my imagination is so my brain doesn't forget it after a few days.

Thats basically all I am gonna work on for now. There are also other things I wanna work on, like my painting technique and my visual library.

What this also means, is that you are gonna see less works of me, because I don't intend to post all of my practice work. I will try to post some results after each month.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I think I already see some interesting changes in your human figures. I can't really put my finger on what those changes are, though.
    I'm definitely interested in seeing how you progress.

Nice program buddy, I too need to start something like this.
    I'll be keeping an eye on you. Best luck on your objective dude.
    Busy doing nothing...

Ha, would be cool if some other people are also gonna do something like this! Then we can motivate each other.

Sounds great, I got to give it some serious thinking in order to come up with a program. My issue is that I'm always travelling :/
    Busy doing nothing...

Good luck

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Remember those poses I've been drawing with all sorts of random character designs? I think I've done over 20 now and my designs are starting to dry up and become super random, so I am looking for some characters from you guys I can use on my poses practice!

Just to make sure: These are not something like requests and I will only share them around the end of the month. Don't expect anything more amazing then just some sketches. Just post some reference pictures of the characters you would like me to draw (please no descriptions, just screenshots or own artworks will do). You can submit as much as you want at once, since these are not requests. I am just looking for a big pool of characters to pick from.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Hm? So what you're saying is, if I google a bunch of pictures for you, you'll draw Levia in a bunch of martial arts and ballet poses?

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Remember those poses I've been drawing with all sorts of random character designs? I think I've done over 20 now and my designs are starting to dry up and become super random, so I am looking for some characters from you guys I can use on my poses practice!

Just to make sure: These are not something like requests and I will only share them around the end of the month. Don't expect anything more amazing then just some sketches. Just post some reference pictures of the characters you would like me to draw (please no descriptions, just screenshots or own artworks will do). You can submit as much as you want at once, since these are not requests. I am just looking for a big pool of characters to pick from.
    Soooo how long are you gonna be doing this for, and how complex can the character be?

@Zora:
    I am not planning to make new designs. So I'd rather get Already existing designs. I am also gonna use a character once.

@Kondi: Like a year and complexity doesn't matter.