Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

What's bugging me actually is that all people are so much into this now and be like, oh I COULDN'T play this before and now it's finally coming here, it's so crazy, can't wait... etc., because
    it's really not true. For a long time the most important things that you could need to know in the game are translated by the patch. And you could play the game if you really wanted to.
    If little bits and pieces that are not really important are not translated, it would not turn me off from a game if I really wanted to play it.
    Same goes for the people who say like oh I don't want to get a PC so I can play PSO2 with the patch. It's not any different now because the Westerners now either need an
    XBOX One or a Windows PC to play the glorious English version. So that's not any different. People who don't own a PC or a XBOX One will also be screwed.

All this yapping about the english version being the greatest thing to come, I just think it's not that much different from what we have already (though the japanese server will still probably be the
    better overall choice to play). Maybe I'm just to harsh on people who are all YAY-PSO2US-crazy, I don't know. Overall I just don't have much hope for a game that gets localized 8 years after its initial release.
    Last edited by Karen Erra; Jun 12, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Why the heck does it matter where people want to play. I'm glad to see people excited to play the game again and older members coming back. Not everyone wanted to risk investing in the jp version as if they wanted they could ban you. Especially when using the patcher. Early on and especially during the great ddos purge that tisk always loomed. These fingerfulls of people upset people are happy for western version are baffling. If your so confident jp eng players numbers won't change why be upset to begin with. Play it
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    What's bugging me actually is that all people are so much into this now and be like, oh I COULDN'T play this before and now it's finally coming here, it's so crazy, can't wait... etc., because
    it's really not true. For a long time the most important things that you could need to know in the game are translated by the patch. And you could play the game if you really wanted to.
    If little bits and pieces that are not really important are not translated, it would not turn me off from a game if I really wanted to play it.
    Same goes for the people who say like oh I don't want to get a PC so I can play PSO2 with the patch. It's not any different now because the Westerners now either need an
    XBOX One or a Windows PC to play the glorious English version. So that's not any different. People who don't own a PC or a XBOX One will also be screwed.

All this yapping about the english version being the greatest thing to come, I just think it's not that much different from what we have already (though the japanese server will still probably be the
    better overall choice to play). Maybe I'm just to harsh on people who are all YAY-PSO2US-crazy, I don't know. Overall I just don't have much hope for a game that gets localized 8 years after its initial release.
    Maybe they want the whole story translated. Sadly AIDA never found a translator to help him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Maybe they want the whole story translated. Sadly AIDA never found a translator to help him/her.
    I'm don't really have any current information about that, how much is even translated of it? When I played story mode, most things were translated with some stuff missing.

Main Characters:

@Karen:
    You probably were unaware that there was a PS4 version. Not your fault.
    No patch in English for Sony players.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    @Karen:
    You probably were unaware that there was a PS4 version. Not your fault.
    No patch in English for Sony players.
    I am aware, very much so. Playing from time to time on PS4 too
    English version of PSO2 will not be on PS4 though. So where are you gonna play then? XBOX, PC?
    If it's PC, my point still stands. If XBOX then I will agree with you a little bit.

Main Characters:

So you are an elitist. You should've just said that, lol.
    I am, like millions, a console-only player who owns a PS4, Switch and an Xbox X. No PC's in my home.....just smart phones.
    Many others who want this game in English on a home console are happy.....not sure why this pisses people off. The more new players the better IMO. You better hope that you don't get IP banned .......and forced to start over. I hope that doesn't happen but who knows.
    Last edited by r00tabaga; Jun 12, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    So you are an elitist. You should've just said that, lol.
    I am, like millions, a console-only player who owns an Xbox lol.
    Many others who want this game in English on a home console are happy.....sorry this pisses you off. The more the merrier. You better hope that you don't get IP banned .......and forced to start over. I hope that doesn't happen but who knows.
    Wow, funny you call me an elitist. Maybe I'm a butt on purpose because this whole thing of PSO2 going international started and everyone's hype as shit about it, exaggerating about it how
    unplayable this was before and how they couldn't get into because ... (insert reason here). Yes, that's true.
    I have no idea how this makes me an elitist, but I'm sure as hell all the elitists in this forum will likely disagree, as I usually be against their elitist behavior. But okay, I won't be offended.

I always had a dedication for this game, japanese or not and if they decide to do an IP-block I will do the same as I did during DDoS times and just get my japanese VPN back up.

Overall I really don't care if this comes out or not, neither positive or negative about it and as I stated in a previous post, I will likely go there and play story to see the native translation
    (if there is one) of the game to see how different or not it may be. And don't get me wrong either, I'm glad everyone who couldn't play the game before can do that now. The more people
    go there, the higher the chance is the server doesn't die after a year. My whole point was the reasoning people have for not playing before this revelation.

Main Characters:

I just hope they don't drip feed content and it truly is what they say it is ...everything is available from the start. PSPo2/NA was wayyyy behind its japanese counterparts and its Infinity.
    I'm hopeful and the friends I have who aren't PC gamers are thrilled. I was one of the lucky ones who cracked the capcha to be able to play on PS4. Buying AC was really shady too.
    Hope it goes smooth for everyone's sake!

One would hope so, otherwise this really, really, REALLY late release, 8 years after the initial release would make no sense at all. Episode 5 should be minimum, hopefully.
    With the game probably last maybe another 5 or so years, a start from scratch (Episode 1) would be the dumbest thing Sega could do.

Main Characters: