Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by JRDeBo View Post
    I don't feel like making an account to edit the wiki, but on the Technic page I can verify that you do NOT need to only have Maloo in your party to get Grants, I got it while I had her and two other NPCs.
    Okay.

Also, I'm still working on a new weapon page ideal have any just show it to me by making a ideal for the weapon page on your user account.

noticed your using the old PSO font on the title+^_^+ might i suggest you use the new PSO2 font instead? http://pso2.jp/players/community/dow...Sans-Serif.zip +^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    noticed your using the old PSO font on the title+^_^+ might i suggest you use the new PSO2 font instead? http://pso2.jp/players/community/dow...Sans-Serif.zip +^_^+
    Can I see a picture of this?

Okay here's what I'm think a weapon page should look like? Thoughts?

http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/User:Rappy#Weapon_page_ideal

Actually let me make a few minor edits.

And, done!
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 2, 2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post

And, done!
    I like this template a lot. Looks like you can provide all pertinent information about a weapon with it. One thing that I think is a little redundant though is the Races that can Use section. So far weapons have not been limited by race or gender, and current evidence shows that they likely will never be. I am sure there may be the occasional "Female only" weapon or piece of armor like in PSU, but you could use this section as an "Addition Notes" to specify special information like that. Everything else seems spot on. Fantastic work.

EDIT: Also, I don't see where you put the initial stats for the weapon.

Now, I would like to suggest a REALLY big undertaking for you. There is an enormous lack of information concerning how stats work in the PSO2 community. It may seem obvious at first how stats work, but a closer look under the surface says otherwise.

For example, in alpha-2, a player named Omega-X did a lot of research into how various weapons' damage was calculated. What he came up with was very surprising. A staff's melee damage was actually affected by both S-ATK and T-ATK, and similarly a talis' card damage was calculated by both R-ATK and T-ATK. These are only 2 of many examples he came up with. Maybe the formulas have changed since Alpha-2 and things are not nearly as complicated, but I think a "Mechanics" or "Damage Formula" section would be a HUGE asset to the PSO2 community.

Think about it. Having accurate and complete information on the underlying formulas completely changes how an individual develops, customizes, and equips their character and develops their mag. I understand a lot of research and work would have to be done by various individuals to test how these mechanics work, but I believe this information would be immensely beneficial at this point.

PSO2 is starting to seem very complicated as far as its' underlying mechanics go. Multiple stats potentially affect various weapons, and on top of that the ability stat seems to play a role in both damage dealt and mitigated.
    Last edited by Jonth; Aug 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

That is a good idea, now who wants to help me test this stuff?

Also told the creator about the weapon page ideal and here's his thought on it.
    That's not very good imo. It looks convoluted, and there's ton of information that will never get filled up; particularly the drops and japanese descriptions. Some weapons drop from all enemies, but some are specific, so it's hard to specify, japanese descriptions would be nice, but we don't have enough contributors who can type japanese descriptions for all weapons.
    While I agree grind info should be in the weapons pages, it's a huge task of getting grind values for every weapon in existence. Granted they all follow the same percentage info found here, the difficult part is determining if the % modifier leaves decimal places behind, and the game either truncates them, or rounds up or down (I think truncation).
    I'll somehow work the grind values into an automatic process for each weapon page using the current weapon template, which I'm a big fan of because it's super simple, and the automatic process I'm thinking of wuld mean no one would have to enter grind info
    Also I'm going to talk to him about the testing and what not.

So, I decided to add a little more something to make the equipment pages to look nice http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Category:Swords

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 2, 2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Merge

There's also this Resource which could be used if some data is missing from the wiki:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...M1UtbUE&gid=14

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcom View Post
    There's also this Resource which could be used if some data is missing from the wiki:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...M1UtbUE&gid=14
    Cool thanks I can add the items with this. Oh wait someone added items without me knowing. Those sneaky people.
    Last edited by Lostbob117; Aug 2, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

That is a good idea, now who wants to help me test this stuff?

Also told the creator about the weapon page ideal and here's his thought on it.

Also I'm going to talk to him about the testing and what not.
    I can help you out to some degree. I'm not a complete slob when it comes to math and algebra, but I don't think I am skilled enough to rule out every other contributing factor when it comes to formulating a legit test. If you have some tests that you need ran and specify the guidelines, I could run them and record the data.

I might come up with a good idea for a test every now and then, but don't hold me to that...

What I want a test of is if having more ability power rises the damage you put out to an enemy with a striking weapon, here's how the test will go get something that only adds ability to you and hit an enemy with the start hunter class sword than take the item giving you ABL off and hit again do this plenty of times for better info results should come up either it highers or it stays the same.

The reason why the hunter starting sword because we all know that you'll have higher ABL than what is req for it for better variance.

My hypothesis behind this experiment is that it may be that more ABL you have higher the damage output on a weapon can go to, the lower ABL the lower the variance output goes.

Another test is that I wonder what Rarity does other than how common it drops or something like that, maybe someone can have a Zanba base attack 229 and a Alba Claymore base attack 246 and hit the same exact enemy and see which pulls off more damage.

Can I see a picture of this?

And, done!
    sure+^_^+
    Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    All the symbols i could get Word to produce are here in order+^_^+ You can use this pic to translate any Phantasy Star Online 2 text you see (unless they have multiple ones like PSU did for Neudaiz and Moatoob)
    Will update OP as needed if it stays popular enough+^_^+

Here's the link to download the font for you PC; http://pso2.jp/players/community/dow...Sans-Serif.zip
    use it in word or whatever else you can use fonts+^_^+