Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ultra hard

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    ?? no 5char??
    The forum requires posts to be longer than 5 characters, so a simple "No" cannot be left as an answer since it does not meet the 5 character minimum, thus people will put "no 5char" to get around it.
    So in short, no, UH does not have any titles from clearing the bosses or the fields.
    Last edited by Anduril; May 18, 2019 at 10:20 PM.

Only UH thing I don't like is Sturm Mizer solely because of the missles. I can manage it but it is rather annoying. Fighting Ringa and it taking a bit was nice just because I have always liked him and his theme. I am not a super pro so it took me like 9 minutes to beat him because of paranoia of being one shot.

Beyond that, UH is just like everything else with more damage and HP and hoping to get rare drops. It does get pretty boring extremely fast so its not something I will do often as the 15*s while nice aren't something I really need as I have plenty of Austeres and Atlas already. I guess people enjoy the whole run in a square and kill stuff formula which more power to them but it's not something I find "fun".
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    I don't have to solo the bosses to give you the logic I just gave, which is sound and makes sense.
    that's called theorycrafting, and that's fine. however if you actually solo'd any of these bosses, you would realize that double HP is essentially double the time. if they had different mechanics, or different percent based HP thresholds, i might agree with you, but they don't.

the argument regarding adds isn't particularly relevant because we're talking about A1 HP vs A2 HP. in addition, bosses take up a cell of spawns, so most of the time you get adds + boss is because of bordering cells and people running just a little too slow or too fast through the map.
    I'm not going to argue Summoner DPS with you or even entertain you attempting to ridicule an example.
    it's not a ridicule, i'm countering your point. you made a statement that doesn't have much merit, so i brought up a counterpoint. that's how you have a discussion. it isn't personal.

Welcome to an opinion. I already said (multiple times) that people all have vastly varying levels of skill and equipment, and even play completely different classes. There's no need to jump to conclusions on so many things.
    there was no jump to conclusion, "Yeah, that's not hard." your own words. it's not constructive at all in a thread where people were talking about why it takes them so long to kill bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    that's called theorycrafting, and that's fine. however if you actually solo'd any of these bosses, you would realize that double HP is essentially double the time. if they had different mechanics, or different percent based HP thresholds, i might agree with you, but they don't.
    This is exactly why it's not double the time. A lot of these kills line up cooldowns and burst with knockdown phases with the bosses being knocked down. Those cooldowns aren't necessarily going to be available for every knockdown, and burst cannot happen repeatedly, which results in a longer kill than just "double" if the enemy has "double" HP. This is especially true if the enemy's HP hits a breakpoint which results in having to knock them down an additional entire time to get the kill.

the argument regarding adds isn't particularly relevant because we're talking about A1 HP vs A2 HP. in addition, bosses take up a cell of spawns, so most of the time you get adds + boss is because of bordering cells and people running just a little too slow or too fast through the map.
    We're also talking about time to kill, which was my original point to begin with, the boss taking 2 minutes. 2 minutes came as a surprise considering both boss HP and the field having adds, but if it's literally just the boss, then I have no surprise at the time to kill being so low.

it's not a ridicule, i'm countering your point. you made a statement that doesn't have much merit, so i brought up a counterpoint. that's how you have a discussion. it isn't personal.
    Saying Synchro has more DPS than the bird has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. I gave an example as to how the 999,999 damage cap removal can greatly benefit SOME classes in this specific "time attack" situation more than others, and the most ready example I had of a class that can be greatly restricted by that cap is Summoner (because I play Summoner, this was the easiest example I had). Even Synchro Geki would be restricted by this. Obviously Synchro with Rykros Staff does more DPS, but that doesn't change the fact that IF a Summoner was using a bird, it would be restricted by this, for whatever reason they choose to do so. It is a ridicule because you don't think that summoners should or would be using the bird for DPS, when I certainly believe there are circumstances that warrant it, and it's setting up a strawman.

This point remains true solo, in a group, or even with another class that could be seen as a "better example", like Gunner. The point is that some classes benefit more from time attacks in this free field than others because of this cap being removed.

there was no jump to conclusion, "Yeah, that's not hard." your own words. it's not constructive at all in a thread where people were talking about why it takes them so long to kill bosses.
    That is certainly my opinion which holds just as much worth as the opinions from individuals that may be saying the bosses are taking long to kill. It doesn't make it any less constructive. If anything, it helps the thread from becoming a straight rant of everyone agreeing that they take too long to kill.

I won't go back and forth with you any further on this to avoid clogging the thread.
    Last edited by Crevox; May 18, 2019 at 11:00 PM.

This is exactly why it's not double the time. A lot of these kills line up cooldowns and burst with knockdown phases with the bosses being knocked down. Those cooldowns aren't necessarily going to be available for every knockdown, and burst cannot happen repeatedly, which results in a longer kill than just "double" if the enemy has "double" HP. This is especially true if the enemy's HP hits a breakpoint which results in having to knock them down an additional entire time to get the kill.
    these are all relevant for raid bosses like DF luther who becomes invulnerable, or teleports after an HP threshold. none of the free field bosses do this, so i really don't know what you're getting at. the fact is because you seem to not solo play, you just don't understand. there's nothing i can say that will show you, you simply need to try it yourself before commenting tbh.
    Saying Synchro has more DPS than the bird has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. I gave an example as to how the 999,999 damage cap removal can greatly benefit SOME classes in this specific "time attack" situation more than others, and the most ready example I had of a class that can be greatly restricted by that cap is Summoner (because I play Summoner, this was the easiest example I had). Even Synchro Geki would be restricted by this. Obviously Synchro with Rykros Staff does more DPS, but that doesn't change the fact that IF a Summoner was using a bird, it would be restricted by this, for whatever reason they choose to do so. It is a ridicule because you don't think that summoners should or would be using the bird for DPS, when I certainly believe there are circumstances that warrant it, and it's setting up a strawman.
    your own words, again
    these fields have the massive benefit of not having a damage cap, which heavily gets in the way of being able to dish out high amounts of DPS for some classes.
    damage =/= is not DPS. you know this, but you changed your words. your own words said it benefits class's dps, but then gave an example unrelated to optimal dps in the first place. i find it ironic that you bring up a logical fallacy when you generalized my owns words seeming to imply that i said one should never use torim/aero when i never said anything related to that at all. all i did was clarify that your example isn't relevant from a dps perspective. burst, yes i agree! dps, no. words mean things.
    I won't go back and forth with you any further on this to avoid clogging the thread.
    k

hooray, shitstorm. It's like a petting zoo with nolifers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    hooray, shitstorm. It's like a petting zoo with nolifers.
    you finally get off those 11* units yet?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Suirano View Post
    I am not a super pro so it took me like 9 minutes to beat him because of paranoia of being one shot.
    100% agreed with this post. I run this Ringa I reffered for first and single yet time. Without any insurance skill and doll in my inventory I was super cautious mostly running away from it by Safoie-0 than do real dps 'cause I have more AoE-oriented gear for such kind of a quest not boss-duel one. With Rappy back and Atra Ex rifle I really can risk more for higher dps.

But gwana can be cheesed. Just burn it.

Went into UH to pass time till an EQ. Got a Resonant 15* and a 13* camo. Apparently that camo is super rare because its 157 mil in the shop right now. Got another Resonant 15* during Easter. Game's been nice to me lately.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』