Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

1. Being able to D-pad through your 1 - 0 keys so you don't have to use your keyboard.
    But that is already possible, atleast with the X360 controller I can do it

Well, even though the game will be released with 3 planets, we don't know how many areas per planet will be available on release
    Well, I think it will just be Forest, Caves, and the other zone (and City zone, of course)

I would recognize certain maps easily and it broke the random illusion. So far I have yet to run into that here, so a very nice improvement.
    Well, atleast for me in Forest I recognise all the variables. But they can just add more for the final release I guess.

I played PSO for several years, never touched PSU, and had very little knowledge of PSO2 before participating in this week's beta. I'd seen a couple screenshots of the game, but that's about it.

That said, I'm extremely impressed. It's everything I loved about the original and more. Right down to the interface, the graphics, and the music. It's like I'm playing a modern version of the original... yet, it doesn't feel stale. Even as a stand-alone Action RPG and not an online game it stands strong.

Yes there are bugs, as there are in most closed betas. Servers started out very rough, but have gotten better. Still have mixed feelings on the Matter Board, as I was a big fan of free roaming in the original. Unsure whether story mode will really add anything to the game or become an obstacle.

But overall, I'm a happy camper. I haven't been this enthralled in a video game for a long time. Good feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrPSO View Post
    Well, atleast for me in Forest I recognise all the variables. But they can just add more for the final release I guess.
    I used to be able to recognize whole maps. Variables are understandable. Re-arranging different pieces is how random generation works after all.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrPSO View Post
    Well, I think it will just be Forest, Caves, and the other zone (and City zone, of course)
    As I said in my last post, in the first alpha client they found 2 areas per planet being mentioned in the files (3 planets and the ship where the emergency city is located).
    If all those areas will be available on launch or not, we don't know though, for all we know some areas could end up never being available.
    Anyway, the areas that were found (spoilers, look at your own risk):
    Spoiler!
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

As I'm sure many have said before, my feeling is that this is finally it; The sequel all of us old PSO veterans were waiting for. And it is glorious.

Even though the game will be F2P, and I don't really think I'll need to pay a single dime to fully enjoy the game, I know I'll pay for at least my room and a shop, if only to support SEGA, because good god the game truly deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    As I said in my last post, in the first alpha client they found 2 areas per planet being mentioned in the files (3 planets and the ship where the emergency city is located).
    If all those areas will be available on launch or not, we don't know though, for all we know some areas could end up never being available.
    Anyway, the areas that were found (spoilers, look at your own risk):
    Spoiler!
    I'm pretty sure Stadium is where you fight Dark Ragne as a proper boss :/ It sure as hell looks like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzi View Post
    I'm pretty sure Stadium is where you fight Dark Ragne as a proper boss :/ It sure as hell looks like one.
    Yeah, most likely you're right.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Protect the Universal! CapitalG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaoPyro View Post
    The only thing I've really run into is I forgot to set my character's voice, so now I'm stuck with it the way it is. I can live, but it still bugs me a little. If I knew I could just remake at no cost, then it would be fine.
    Can't you change it at the Esthe Shop?

Wow, just had a nerdfangasm; logged in, had a message saying, I think, that I got extra FUN points, so I thought "what the hell, let's use them on some scratch cards"...
    Scratch number 1: World With Me. Wow. Sweet!
    Scratch number 2: Can Still See the Lightgotoroomputinjukeboxandnerdgasm.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Feels like some sort of new, awesome PSO / Monster Hunter blend, but it still also feels like the good old PSO which I love.

One thing kinda bugging me is the chat window. I'd like it to be narrower but wider rectangle instead of that square shape we have. Oh well, I think I can let that slide.
    Unfortunately, strangers do have the best candy.