Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Down for the Getdown

A guide to posting in PSU General

Hello there. How are you? Welcome to PSU General, the premiere spot for all your PSU needs. There is a lot of info for the newbie and veteran alike to sift through, but its okay, I've brought a friend along to help me teach ALL about posting in PSU general.

Johnny Poster
    Rappy Hunter

Mood: Crazy for PSU!

Johnny Poster, someone, just like you, who is anxiously awaiting the release of PSU! How ya doin Johnny?

Johnny: *thumbs up*

GREAT! So Johnny, ya finally decided to join the perfect spot to meet some likeminded people about PSU?

Johnny:

Awesome! Well...Since you're new here how about ya introduce yourself with a nice PSU related topic! Do you know what you want to post?

Johnny:

Alright! Go for it Johnny!

Poll: Newbie Here! What race and class do you want to be?

Great topic Johnny! What better way to introduce yourself than with a great poll such as this? But wait whats this?

Moved: Poll: Newbie Here! What race and class do you want to be?

What is this crime!? Why would they move your poll Johnny? We better look in the topic and see whats the problem.

On 2006-10-16 11:13, Bobby Poster wrote:
    Omg another stupid newbie topic. -.- This is like 1 of 12321 polls asking the stupid question. Use forum search next time, NOOB!
    Johnny:

Its okay Johnny! Lets look into this forum search thing.

Search: Race/Class Polls
    Results: 12321

Whoa whoa whoa! Looks like you're not the first one to ask this question Johnny. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised, afterall, if you could think up a question like this, ANYONE COULD, cause ya know what? You're not special.

Johnny:

Its okay Johnny! Don't fret! Everyone makes mistakes but we can bounce right back up. Lets make a new topic. This time...Something a little more different. Ya ready Johnny?

Johnny:

Lets do it!

My thoughts on Guntecher.

Awesome topic Johnny. Presenting new ideas is a great reason to start a new topic! Whats this?

On 2006-10-16 11:20, Jane Poster wrote:
    Yeah these ideas are great and all but...Guntecher can only get lvl 10 techs anyway. Besides, you need a rod to cast techs, so your ideas are worth crap now. AND you can't use laser cannons as a guntecher either.
    WHAAAT? Only lvl 10 techs? And you can't cast techs without a rod? And I can't even use the mighty laser cannon? What kinda bullshit is this. PSO wasn't like this! OMG Sega has totally screwed up this game! I bet this makes you angry Johnny!

Johnny:

Whoa calm down Johnny! Lets release your frustration and let everyone know just how much you think this game sucks now because of Sega's horrible design desicions.

On 2006-10-16 11:26, Johnny Poster wrote:
    wtf is this shit? $&@&$@*(&%*&%@&*&@(%%_(*@&%+@*%@! And furthermore, screw Sega!
    On 2006-10-16 11:28, Jane Poster wrote:
    CRY MOAR, NOOB!
    On 2006-10-16 11:30, Mod Poster wrote:
    Thats enough of this.

Johnny:

Its okay Johnny. Maybe its for the best. Afterall, nobody really wants to hear you whine and complain about a game you're going to buy and play anyway. Its better just to deal with the downs of the game and enjoy the ups. Well okay Johnny...You have new found wisdom and a great new outlook on PSU! No more ruined topics for you! Go get 'em and make a great topic Johnny!

A great way to enjoy PSU!

Awesome! This topic is gunna do well, I can feel it!

Woo! Looky there, people are really enjoying your topic! But wait...Whats this?

On 2006-10-16 11:30, Ashley Poster wrote:
    You fail at life Johnny. Your ideas suck and your penis is small.
    Johnny:

Calm down Johnny. We know not to bicker and argue, that only leads to locked topics. Keep your topic on course.

LOCKED!? But how? We've done everything we could! I guess...Sometimes topics a doomed. Afterall, you can't stop the trolls from posting in your topics. Sometimes theres nothing you can do.

Johnny:

I know it sucks Johnny, but cheer up! Not all topics fail. Keep trying and you'll be a masterful poster! And that goes for you too kiddies! Just remember these simple rules...

1) No repeat topics.
    2) No crying about percieved design flaws in the game
    3) No stupid bickering and argueing in a topic
    Addendum: If you absolutely MUST argue, take it to the PMs.
    4) No dumb ass poll topics, or seemingly random topics that have close to nothing to do with PSU
    5) Don't feed the trolls.
    6) Don't be so eager to create a topic that you begin doing so with no good subject in mind. Remember: replying to other topics increases your post count just as quickly.

If you can follow these simple rules you'll be a winner in PSU General! Right Johnny?

Johnny:

ALRIGHT!

This message brought to you by DizzyDi and the good folks at Spinnadelphia who remind you to keep on spinning through life, no matter how hard it gets.

MEIRA-EDIT: Added Rule #6.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-10-16 10:03 ]</font>

DIZZY-EDIT: Added Addendum to #3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-10-16 10:25 ]</font>

Priceless post, you sir, just made my day.

Lol... You make a good point there. Now whether or not little Johnny will really learn from this is a completely different story. Even though Johnny appears to understand, he may not. Not to mention others like Johnny who just might not get around to reading this.

But let's cross our fingers and hope that they do. XD

Wow...

You win. You definitely win.

funny, but you forgot a rule...always check your posts for spelling

but i liked it

"don't feel the trolls"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-16 09:39 ]</font>

I see this topic and it makes me feel like I'm watching some educational video in school or something.

haha perfect topic. hope most understand it.. but if someone makes a mistake and forget something, remember people, don't attack him. No one gains anything except a little fake happiness for the attacker

Aw, man. My post was perfect. And now it's gone. Forever.

Down for the Getdown

On 2006-10-16 09:38, Candor wrote:
    funny, but you forgot a rule...always check your posts for spelling

but i liked it

"don't feel the trolls"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-16 09:39 ]</font>
    Darn.

On 2006-10-16 09:38, BioWarrior wrote:
    I see this topic and it makes me feel like I'm watching some educational video in school or something.
    Thats the vibe I was going for. Glad you caught on!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-10-16 09:41 ]</font>

In before the lock! Err.....