Rappy Hunter
    Philly, PA, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth

I've been playing the game for a total of around 40 hours, and to tell the truth, the music is starting to become tiring. Since the soundtrack consists basically of a standard music selection, that becomes more upbeat with enemies around. The only problem is the fact that the enemy track doesn't change either. I've found that substituting other music that fits the mood of the level is kinda fun. I try to play something more organically rock oriented for the Forest and Cave levels, and switching over to electronic and industrial for the more technological Mines and Ruins levels. It seems to enhance the overall feeling actually. There's nothing like taking out rows and rows of robots with my huge sword while pumping some BT or Nine Inch Nails from the stereo. It's good stuff. Anyone else feel this way about the music? Or am I alone on this one?

Veteran Fighter

I've commented on the music a few times, and I actually like most of it. The in-city music, opening, and some other stuff is really good. However, the actual music while you're fighting can get boring. I too listen to other music while playing, but there are two songs in particular, for me anyway, that fit the mood of killing stuff in PSO. The songs: "These Days" and "Just a Touch" by REM. My signature is actually from "These Days".

Veteran Fighter

I like the PSO music. The bosses especially (first 2 more than last 2, and De Rol especially).

Ask anyone that plays, I have to change CD's a lot My 3 CD stereo is usual just random CD's. But I have come to realize that playing the deftones, or some other good rock in the mines/ruins enhances the mood. The Forest with Sublime is a nice combo. And the caves....are hopeless, Boring level, boring music.

The only music I listen to in-game is whenever I beat DarkFaltz, love that music.

Both good and bad, I think.

I really, really hate all of the "walking around" and "fighting" loops. But the intro theme is good, the character creation theme is great (it deserves to be used more often), the boss music is good (Vol Opt part 2 is the bomb), the online lobby music is okay, and the credits music ROCKS.

Sadly, this means that I spend the least amount of time listening to the music I enjoy most.

I'll have to find a way to get my own music going at the same time (without having to get up off my ass when I want to change tracks). I think the Grandia 2 battle theme would be great for big, messy brawls in PSO.