Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sklyl View Post
    I ran the pso2.exe twice with my wireless off and my game crashed both times... Any reason why? The CC runs good on my computer as well as the benchmark but idk why the game crashed
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    Are you talking about an error popping up when viewing the credits? That's gameguard. Why? Who knows.
    We do know, actually. It's because the game will quit after a short period if Gameguard isn't able to update its files. You have to disable your internet connection, start the launcher, then re-enable your internet connection before hitting the button to start the actual game so that Gameguard will be able to update its files before starting the game up. Then, you don't get the "crash".

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    We do know, actually. It's because the game will quit after a short period if Gameguard isn't able to update its files. You have to disable your internet connection, start the launcher, then re-enable your internet connection before hitting the button to start the actual game so that Gameguard will be able to update its files before starting the game up. Then, you don't get the "crash".
    Actually I execute the game directly without using the launcher (pso2.exe -pso2) so I don't need to disable my internet, and gameguard is up-to-date :P

How do you know if gameguard is up to date or not? I'm new to PC gaming so things might be a lil slow with me
    Can't we all just get along?

Actually I execute the game directly without using the launcher (pso2.exe -pso2) so I don't need to disable my internet, and gameguard is up-to-date :P
    Well that's cool, but you seemed to imply that we don't know what that error is about or how to resolve it. We do, so I was just letting Sklyl know.

Well that's cool, but you seemed to imply that we don't know what that error is about or how to resolve it. We do, so I was just letting Sklyl know.
    Well I still seem to get it, even with my gameguard up-to-date. And only happens in the credits. So yeah, something teh screwy, they'll prolly update gameguard before the beta launches though.

Change of topic, would it be worth my releasing a translated launcher/options file?

Well I still seem to get it, even with my gameguard up-to-date. And only happens in the credits. So yeah, something teh screwy, they'll prolly update gameguard before the beta launches though.
    Really? Odd. I can go through the credits just fine. Have you tried going through the launcher and seeing if that resolves it?

Anyways, I think Sklyl's issue was the crashing after a short period regardless of what you do which happens due to Gameguard not updating.
    Change of topic, would it be worth my releasing a translated launcher/options file?
    You mean a file that changes text in the actual launcher/options, or...?

You mean a file that changes text in the actual launcher/options, or...?
    A translated copy of the program really. There's no reliable patching method really. And I mean the launcher, not the game. That IS monitored by gameguard, so yeah, that can't be touched.

It's easier if you just block outbound connections to pso2.exe on your filewall.

A translated copy of the program really. There's no reliable patching method really. And I mean the launcher, not the game. That IS monitored by gameguard, so yeah, that can't be touched.
    I can navigate around the launcher/options pretty well by now, but I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest among the newcomers and less moonrune-inclined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misto
    It's easier if you just block outbound connections to pso2.exe on your filewall.
    For what purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Misto View Post
    Doesn't block gameguard, but nice try. GameGuard is a rootkit so I assume it bypasses software firewalls, if not it's process is different to the game it's protecting, in fact it will kill the game process on startup and restart it under it's own process ID, which is why steam can't integrate because steam only sees the process till it ends. It doesn't look for further processes under the same name/mutex.
    Last edited by Pyrii; Apr 17, 2012 at 03:38 AM.