Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    and yeah I blocked/added someone to the igonore list for the first time lol

Well I mean zero range as in you see the stuff incoming but at zero range its hard to dodge
    i'm not really sure what that means if you say you already see it coming... you press the dodge button when you see the enemy's tell. again, a specific example would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    And something to keep in mind is that while phantom time is obviously a significant DPS boost from all the extra markers, it's nowhere near as large a boost as hero time, and the finish for rifle has about the same DPS as nachtangriff. So taking a DPS hit to build gear faster isn't as worthwhile on phantom as it is on hero.
    I added phantom time to my sim sheet out of curiosity, and it looks like it's a ~15% DPS increase while active. So if you use it once every minute (which is probably more often than you can actually use it, I'm not sure what a reasonable frequency is) it's accounting for ~5% of your total DPS. That's... not exactly a lot.

Phantom time off:
    Spoiler!

Phantom time on:
    Spoiler!

edit: Though actually it's occurring to me now that my sheet doesn't account for the pp return from marker detonation or the mark accumulation from bullseye since I haven't measured them yet, so in reality the DPS boost is a bit higher than that. But given how slowly you generate gear I still don't think it's more than 5% of total DPS.
    Last edited by megaphone; May 5, 2019 at 05:40 AM.

Well I mean zero range as in you see the stuff incoming but at zero range its hard to dodge
    Likewise
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Panatical Phantoms' good for a dodge practice. I experienced it myself just yesterday.
    Gracia put his hand up and summon 3 waves and you'll must try to dodge all 3 with a counter >_<
    I always dodge 1st succsessfully, but on 2nd my dodge don't work, I go trough it without a thing and get 3rd in the face T_T

So if you use it once every minute
    HOW? I'm keep practice on the Easter EQ in this and rarely I can do it twice per run...
    I'm using N3 and all PAs except Verbrechen in my rotation and almost always have only 1.5 of it at Illusia T_T
    Last edited by Zulastar; May 5, 2019 at 06:41 AM.

But when you are that up close how ??
    Just like Kondibon told you to. Learn enemy patterns to know when/how to dodge. Most of those attacks are heavily telegraphed.

Here are the numbers:
    Spoiler!

I'm assuming based on Reliet's sheet (which is where I got the base numbers) that strafe's mark accumulation is per PA use and not per target, so it actually has worse mark accumulation than shifted nachtangriff, and much worse accumulation than normal nachtengriff. And while the on-paper damage is good, 32 frames is too short to reliably lock 3-4 targets in my experience, so in practice the numbers are much lower.

And something to keep in mind is that while phantom time is obviously a significant DPS boost from all the extra markers, it's nowhere near as large a boost as hero time, and the finish for rifle has about the same DPS as nachtangriff. So taking a DPS hit to build gear faster isn't as worthwhile on phantom as it is on hero.

It's not that you're getting good DPS out of it per se, as you pointed out you can't spam it. It's more that its execution time is so short that if you're in a position where you can use it you should. With the weapon action it's damage is about the same as a normal 3, but it's 15 frames shorter than a normal 3, which gives it the highest DPS out of any of your PAs on paper, besides strafe with 3 or more targets.

Like I said, positionally it competes with kugelsturm, so you don't want to be going out of your way to use it. Just be cognizant of when you can use it, because opportunities do arise.
    Eh, I'll take it, I messed around with it more, and I can see how it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Just like Kondibon told you to. Learn enemy patterns to know when/how to dodge. Most of those attacks are heavily telegraphed.
    I think I can understand what Takemi is trying to say. One example I could think of is PD's appendages most likely the Claw grab and the Mouth stretch or something. When these atks starts they usually stop for a moment and only give minimal visual cues before it starts moving immediately to hit you. From afar these atks are kinda easy to react to because you'll see them coming but when up close it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    I think I can understand what Takemi is trying to say. One example I could think of is PD's appendages most likely the Claw grab and the Mouth stretch or something. When these atks starts they usually stop for a moment and only give minimal visual cues before it starts moving immediately to hit you. From afar these atks are kinda easy to react to because you'll see them coming but when up close it's a different story.
    Ah yes the ancient "let the attack wind up be about a second longer than what the player anticipates" trick. It's really not that hard to dodge, You just need to memorize the timing. Here is a tip for the handgrab though. If you get grabbed, mash your buttons like crazy, this will set you free before the hand slams you into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    All of PDs attacks have huge wind-ups and clear tells, you have plenty of time to react and prepare for them even if you're right in front of it, it's not like the timing changes between attacks, and the claws and stuff are massive so it's not like you can't see what they're doing up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    HOW? I'm keep practice on the Easter EQ in this and rarely I can do it twice per run...
    I'm using N3 and all PAs except Verbrechen in my rotation and almost always have only 1.5 of it at Illusia T_T
    Oh I don't think you can actually use it that fast, it's just to give some perspective on how much it contributes. Which is to say, not much.