Default Some weapon-related questions

My character is a lv117 female Dewman (with small ACC and TEC boosts from rebirth). I play primarily Force and Ranger, but not leaving out Hunter. I have a lot of fun rolling over lv170 enemies, but there are still moments that I am confused about.

1) Charge Shots:

I prefer CS1 on most weapons. I use CS2 with:
    - Laser Cannon, because it has good AOE. CS1 feels more like a single-target attack, and I have different weapons for that;
    - Machineguns, because it bypasses range resists. However, I feel that an actual striking weapon (a Sword, for example) would be better once my Ranger gets enough points for it;
    - Longbows, because Foverse+this = OP. CS1 has a use too, if I don't have access to a Rifle.
    In other cases CS2 feel either too situational, weirdly weak or not worth a change from CS1. In particular, I am worried about CS2 damage of Twin Handguns, and Rifle's CS2 jumps from very weak to super strong (does it get a double effect from element matching or some stuff like that?), it makes me feel that I am doing something wrong. Do these ones have an actually good use?

2) R-mags:

What's up with these? Their damage is just laughable, no matter the type. Their attack range is so small and fire rate is so slow that I usually run up to my target long before they hit it. They don't help with chains either. How do I "fix" them?

Oh, and I noticed that IMs drop mags that provide stat boosts instead of firing. Those sound nice on paper, but how useful are they in action?

3) OP weapons?

I got a 10* Longbow called "Hello Polty" that requires lv90, but it has really high stats. Its TEC and ACC are higher than those of non-Infinity 15*, and it boosts crit rate too, it's crazy. Lurking through wiki showed me that some ranged weapon types have OP additions like that. Do these weapons have some disadvantage to them, or are they just ultra rare?

4) How to apply slow weapons properly?

Axes and Grenade Launchers... If enemy has their aggro on me (I play with NPCs, so their aggro is always on me), I can't even use a single basic attack without taking damage, let alone a PA/CS. I guess they are useful against bosses that are both slow/stunnable and have a lot of non-resistant hitboxes that are accessible without aiming... but that's very, very uncommon. Shame, because AOE on their attacks is really good. I guess those weapons are strictly Multimode-only?

5) Rainbow palette Rods?

Foverse, Sazonde and Diga, oh boy... but do I have to use all of that on every single enemy? It feels that it would be faster to use Foverse + Gi-techs on smaller enemies and Sazonde + Ra-techs on hitbox-heavy bosses if I had high-element rods. Is it worth it?

6) Extension:

I know Extension replaces status effects, but what about special properties?
    a) What about additional stat/crit rate boosts (like with Hello Polty)?
    b) "Optional attribute boosts" (as PSUPedia says) on tech weapons - do they plainly add % to weapon's attribute, or does it work like elemental empower effects (like Plantain Leave's Ground boost)?
    c) What happens to non-attacking R-mags?

Maybe that's a lot of questions... Any help is appreciated!

I'll take a stab at it:

1) Shotguns with CS2 are OP, I don't really use any other guns as a ranger besides twin heaven punishers with CS1 occasionally because of that.

2) The only use I've found for R-mags is to build chains, but as you said they aren't that great. Some fire faster than others but for the most part I don't use them. I haven't found (or tried to find) any of the stat boosting mags so I can't speak on those.

3) The range on the Hello Polty is nerfed, also they don't get as much of an attack boost as other bows when fully extended.

4) Axes with Anga Grudda are good, if you're having trouble getting an attack off axes with longer reach or using sazonde would help.

5) Gi techs should be the main techs used as a force, ra techs are useful in some spots as well. For some bosses, putting sazonde on the square button on one rod and on the triangle button on another rod is a fast way to get the job done, though since you're a dewman PP might be a problem. That also works well on some large enemies. Diga, foie and nosdiga work well when there is one enemy. Obviously higher percentage weapons help but they aren't necessary.

6) Extension doesn't change weapon's special properties, check out the jp wiki http://kizuna-infinity.net/psp2i/wiki/ to see all the extend info. The optional attribute boost is the same as the elemental empowering. The wiki doesn't have any extend info for the stat boosting mags so I'm assuming that they don't change.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mackey View Post
    3) The range on the Hello Polty is nerfed, also they don't get as much of an attack boost as other bows when fully extended.
    So, there's actually no serious drawback if I use it with Charge Shot II all the time. And I can just use a different bow if I decide that I need and Infinity-extended weapon.

4) Axes with Anga Grudda are good, if you're having trouble getting an attack off axes with longer reach or using sazonde would help.
    Ok, I'll see what I can do there.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, it is helpful. I'd like to see more opinions, though.