Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Your Closed Beta Impressions?

Incredibly early topic? Yes.

For someone like me who hasn't played anything related to phantasy star since PSU and wasn't in the alpha, I'm really enjoying this game now. I really fond of the rangers play style of a TPS and look forward to playing the rest of the classes.

So what are your thoughts on the current state of the game?
    "It's like the classic debate about why measuring the position of an electron changes its momentum and vice versa. The only correct answer is to get drunk and set fire to things."
    -Ross Scott

Too damned used to lock-on combat (PSP2i). This'll take getting used to...

That and lag really kills.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post

-Wayu
    There is a lock on button. At least there was in the Alpha. Press and hold Q, or set it to toggle instead.

Anyway, snap thoughts:
    • Alfin is annoying.
    • Liking Echo so far.
    • Zeno feels like a merged Ethan/Leo expy.
    • Story mode so far seems to take it's cues from PSPo2i.
    • So far combat is as it was in the Alpha, if a little easier thanks to my new mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post

-Wayu
    uhm why didn't you use lock on combat in this version it still exist in PSO2 you know, try going to the options and setting it up

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

At the moment, it's far too early to really say much, especially with how much abuse the server is taking.

From what I've been able to do so far? I'm having a lot of fun with FOcast. Melee damage and tech damage seems to be pretty close, making for a fun and balanced combination of tech blasting, a couple of melee hits for PP regen and decent damage, followed by more tech blasting.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Loving the lag. I think I spent 10 minutes fighting a single darker with a stupid gunslash for a client order. I'm waiting for the player's site to load now but it looks like that's getting pounded too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Loving the lag. I think I spent 10 minutes fighting a single darker with a stupid gunslash for a client order. I'm waiting for the player's site to load now but it looks like that's getting pounded too.
    Wow that bad? I mean, I've been disconnected like 3 times but so far I haven't encountered anything like that.
    "It's like the classic debate about why measuring the position of an electron changes its momentum and vice versa. The only correct answer is to get drunk and set fire to things."
    -Ross Scott

I'd have to say I really love getting back into Phantasy Star. I am pretty sure this game can compete with Tera in the gameplay aspect but the server abuse is just killing me. I know it's a beta, but even Tera had an almost flawless server response when I tried it out. I do understand that the servers are in Japan, but through watching some alpha videos, it didn't seem like anyone was having this much trouble.
    ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ ヌル サヌラ -TWITTER (*^ワ^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Nurusanura View Post
    I'd have to say I really love getting back into Phantasy Star. I am pretty sure this game can compete with Tera in the gameplay aspect but the server abuse is just killing me. I know it's a beta, but even Tera had an almost flawless server response when I tried it out. I do understand that the servers are in Japan, but through watching some alpha videos, it didn't seem like anyone was having this much trouble.
    There is lag even for those of us in Japan. I am just 15km away from Tokyo with a 11MB/sec down / 4MB up connection (Thank you NTT) and I am getting massive lag.

PSO2 has potential but there are a few things I find annoying so far ;

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-X View Post
    My impression is that it's a normal thusday morning, so I still won't be able to play another 11 hours.
    That is a good time to play as that is 9AM in Japan and most people will be at work. Right now it is 9:48PM so everyone is on. Tomorrow and the weekend will be worse.