Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    so does the "skill" stat no longer effect PA/bullet/tech damage? only min max crit?
    According to what I have read it didnt effect PA/Tech not sure about bullets. And its min/max dmg AND crit % according to the sources I read.

From what I've read in the Japanese wiki and on the pso2 player's guide, it's supposed to influence all damage, and if it's not affecting something then it was probably bugged in the previous tests.

Extensively towards the front, exploding shells fired one after another, do the annihilation.
    MUST HAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    From what I've read in the Japanese wiki and on the pso2 player's guide, it's supposed to influence all damage, and if it's not affecting something then it was probably bugged in the previous tests.
    That probably is the case, only time will tell. This is a rough guide from multiple sources. But if it influences all damage sources why even bother with the other mag types?

i wonder if we will eventually get a mag farm app for pso2
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Im going for a ability mag just cause I want a mag that shoots bullets X) but I noticed something if i want pure ability what should I feed it? if I give it discs it adds to the 4th bar of the mag, if I give it room items it adds to the second? should I strictly feed it discs?

And lets say I wanted a Brogile Ability/Skill mag what should my mags diet be? o.0
    Last edited by RavenLeader; Jun 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM.

Nice work, Lumir!

I'm still not clear on how beneficial the ability stat is (+crit% is always nice, though), and who knows which of the defense stats will be most needed later on in the game.

I guess focusing on class-specific damage is the safest best for me, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
    That probably is the case, only time will tell. This is a rough guide from multiple sources. But if it influences all damage sources why even bother with the other mag types?
    I think it has to do with the wording of the Ability stat. I asked on the beta board some time ago and even then they weren't too sure, but from what I gathered it's either critical damage (which doesn't seem likely from its description), or it ensures you un-resisted damage if that makes sense.

It sounds funny translating it into English, but it pretty much said the higher your ability stat is in comparison to your opponent, the higher the expected value (average) damage you do.

So if your damage could vary, for example, between 120 and 180, the higher your ability, the higher your average damage is. I'm assuming this means you'll hit more consistently toward 180.

In short (this is just a theory, but I'll ask my Japanese friends on skype and see what they think)

Ability mag - improves consistency of damage
    Pure X stat mag - improves potential damage

------------

I also have a question since this is turning into a go-to spot for mag questions. I've looked around on all the JP wiki's and anywhere else I can, but I have yet to find information on how to acquire the additional photon blasts that are available to each mag. Has anyone gotten wind of this yet?

and the ability mag is created by feeding the mag nothing but discs? how would it be changed from the 3 different options under it to?

Spellbinder, if that's the case it sounds like ability would be an extremely useful stat for tougher/longer fights. I'm curious to know how well the leftover stat points (after the opponent check) would affect your average damage.