Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728

I try not to be cynical, but I agree that what we've seen so far seems generic.

For the Kirito comparisons being made, I have bad news. Both Kirito and PSO's mascot male hunter are based on the same self-insert model that's plagued the anime industry for more than 10 years. Google "anime main character". You will notice that 90% of them look exactly the same. This MC is just the next in a long and damaging tradition.

The highschool setting is a blow, and I have yet to be inspired by even the in-game sections being showcased.

However, I will still have hope and will probably follow the series to its conclusion.

I do kind of like that it seems the MC will be sticking with gunslash. Kind of...

Other good things? Er... Frankly there's nothing yet, but my interpretation is that they haven't shown us very much. Everything from the trailers seem to be thematically very similar and show very few characters.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm starting to feel like we're already discussed this anime more than the creative team. Which, I suppose is fairly common for any post-genesis Phantasy Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    Also worth mentioning is the superb piano playing skills. You could be a character in the series and slay darkers with a piano version of crazy tune and I'd watch it.
    Heh, it's really nothing special.
    It has been a while since I've seen music power combat, though. Maybe I should set up an organ missile launcher sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by lunamaniac View Post
    For the Kirito comparisons being made, I have bad news. Both Kirito and PSO's mascot male hunter are based on the same self-insert model that's plagued the anime industry for more than 10 years. Google "anime main character". You will notice that 90% of them look exactly the same. This MC is just the next in a long and damaging tradition.
    I know what you are talking about (without looking it up), however I am pretty sure most anime main male characters are designed to look similar to how a typical Japanese young man would look. This is probably to help the target audience (shonen, a.k.a. young males) relate to the main character and to help draw them into the fantasy more.

Yeah. So if you gotta blame someone, blame genetics!
    XD

Sometimes I wish I was a bird!