Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

I have both level 17 Sakura and Guren.
    Overall Guren hits more. (with avg stance charge)

Quote Originally Posted by KLMS1 View Post
    You do realise that those listed "power ratings" don't always mean much in practice right.
    Yeah, that's why I check to make sure before I say anything. And sure enough, Sakura and Guren both do exactly their notations in damage. Like a good 90% of PAs in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Why not jusst throw up a video?
    Would if I had Guren 17. I'm still disc hunting and grinding (71/75 currently).

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Sakura End still does more damage in one use because of Average S Charge and is almost as PP efficient as a result.
    Base power rating of both PAs at 17 is identical (with guren having 30 more base power). Sakura end gets an extra 10% damage from charge, but costs 25% more PP. My guren is ~30k damage with shifta drink vs a non-weak enemy with both hits. Sakura is about 32k. So sakura is about 7% more damage for 25% more PP (I had these numbers and lvl17 guren for weeks now, but no one really asked for the numbers). Also, guren does about ~22% more dps than the fastest possible sakura -> snatch JA -> sakura spam according to swiki chart.

Having to reposition because of Guren's movement is also often a disadvantage
    That's part of the precision advantage I mention with sakura end. I still use it VS the toy bear, rabbit, and house darkers as well as the toy car in kuron XH until I break its nose since it would be more damage to precisely hit their weak points instead of using guren, dashing through them, and potentially hitting the wrong hitbox half the time.

I just use the word 'niche' to describe sakura end now because on things without weakpoints/with less finicky hitboxes for weak points (eg, the toy car's ball after its nose is broken, codetta idetta's joints, etc), guren is better than sakura in almost every other meaningful way.

I take it that you're just running SH where you can one-shot everything with Guren so none of these things matter?
    XH. I wouldn't bring up the superior dps so much if I was playing on a difficulty where 90% of everything dies in one PA.

Guren tessen is highly effective in kuron XH because of how easily it hits the axe giants in the face due its super generous vertical reach.

Almost forgot; the delay between the two hits of guren VS pitta wada/parata picoda is long enough for their weak point to pop out to catch guren's second cut. Sakura's two cuts hit too close together for that happen at all. Typically need to kanran first to make short work of the jack-in-the-box darkers with sakura end on XH.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Personally, I find Guren useful as a defensive PA. I only have it at level 1, since I don't know where it drops, but in UQs, it helps me stay alive, compared to sakura.
    Going from 1-17 is a 25% damage boost, btw.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Sep 3, 2015 at 01:56 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Spoiler!

PA notations at this point for the most part are accurate. Give Guren that 10% from S Charge and it would beat Sakura.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I guess that could work too. :v