Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about Void labs for a second there. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    I thought all of them were cyborgs O_o
    That's what I thought too. Aren't humans with strong photon ability yet weak body turned into Casts?

Enforcer of Evil™

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    It's...
    Actually a sort of "well they aren't saying it..." thing.
    Until the story came around and decided to tell us a bit about races we had no idea what casts were. Maybe robots, maybe cyborgs, maybe lilipas piloting robot suits...
    In fact, my RP experience has shown that most people consider them robots, heh (and I won't hide it : I also made my character will "full bot" in mind). Plus, casts have pretty much always been robots in past games.
    So personally I just go with "there's both until Sega clearly says otherwise".
    Quoting that part because end of page post and the most relevant to the discussion at hand!
    We had to wait, what, episode 2? For a clarification. So pretty much a whole year in the dark (starting from the official launch) on race matters aside from the character creation tidbits. And depending on your interpretation, even longer until story got translated (and didn't cause various amounts of bugs).
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Is it alright if we start creating our characters' biographies so that we can get something to work off of first? I've already began working on mine, and I'm kind of excited to post it (eventually).

Yes it is perfectly alright to post your character. I have created a basic template for everyone if they so desire to use it. You can make your character profile more personal but please include the details listed below:

C H A R A C T E R S H E E T

Name: What is your character's name?

Appearance: What does your character look like?

Race: What is the race of your character?

Personality: Describe your character's personality.

History: What is the character's brief history or background story?

Also when the RP story has been written I will send a mass Private Message to all of the participants~

Quote Originally Posted by IronKrone View Post
    What I mean by playing as NPC is... hm, how do I explain this. ;;
    It's like rping a canon/official character in other fandoms (movie, anime, comics, book, etc), but I call it npc because this is a game.
    So if I say I want to rp as Afin, I would make a character who looks like Afin, name him Afin and have him interact with your characters while reacting to whatever story we'll be going with.
    In a way, it's sort of like an AU, as Kokurokoki said it. Does that clear it up a bit? And does that make it okay?

I really like the background bits you gave it to meseta and mags. It's always nice to see how people change the in-game elements to fit with RPs.
    We should definitely go with this if everyone is okay with it.
    Oh um... Depends on what NPC you choose. It would be strange for you to play as, in your example, Afin when he's near the entrance to the Camp Ship gate. I don't think that should really be allowed, especially if they are characters that really don't have a purpose in the PSO2 world. Like, if I were to play as Naruto, it would just be an incredibly strange thing to have in a story solely revolving around the Phantasy Star universe. For this role-play I would say no, unless it is incredibly important to have a certain character within the story. I think if we make a more developed plot where we need a specific character, then I will say yes and allow for this action to happen. But for now, bank on an original character.
    Last edited by Dai-RPG; Aug 14, 2015 at 10:52 PM.

MAGs were actually made in the Void Laboratories (as mentionned by Patty & Tia in an event tablet). Something about research with darkers (ie : Photon Blasts, but don't quote me on this very specific part).
    Casts aren't just robots, they're also cyborgs (at least 1 fairly popular caseal is strongly hinted to have been human, as are some other story NPCs).
    Interesting. I didn't know that. A lot of the text is still in Japanese... so as far as lore-hunting goes I'm stuck...

I don't know about that meseta explanation tho. Matter you can turn into pretty much anything? And we thought photons were already the answer to all of life's problems!... Sounds like it can do a tad too much, imo.
    You can turn it into almost anything, but not everything. Some weapons would require rare materials like spellstones and pyroxene's to craft. It would make sense, since those weapons would have fairly potent potentials compared to the more mass-produced weapons made with simpler blueprints.

Also personally I've always theorised that "HP" is really a photonic barrier protecting our bodies and when we drop to 0 we actually get knocked out by the hit due to the barrier no longer protecting us (and since melee classes use photon to reinforce their bodies (real stuff), it explains why they have higher HP, than tech classes who focus on shaping photons).
    Not like anyone ever listened to me on that one, but eh.
    I've always thought the same thing too. It would make sense considering the fact that you take chip damage when you block with your weapon, in addition to the Hunter class that has the ability to project a 360-degree barrier to protect themselves.
    Last edited by Kokurokoki; Aug 15, 2015 at 12:38 AM.

For me, CASTs are just purely androids with self awareness. Both Casts and Newmans from my understanding were experiments that humans made to advance civilization, but I could be wrong since I'm new to the franchise.

For plot by the way, I was thinking that maybe there could be some sort of rebellion within the ARKs themselves. Like maybe a group of people think that exploration is a good thing, where as other ARK members have a conspiracy about the efforts of their fleet. Not sure if that would be an idea to expand on.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-RPG View Post

Name: What is your character's name?

Appearance: What does your character look like?

Race: What is the race of your character?

Personality: Describe your character's personality.

History: What is the character's brief history or background story?
    Guess I'll give this a go. Never really tried an RP before.

Name: Ayumi (I'm sure we don't need last names, right?)

Appearance:
    Spoiler!

Race: Human (Actually Newman, but after a horrible accident at a young age causing surgery done to ears, not much know the actual race.)

Personality: Ugh... if I had to go by a chart someone listed for me (as they tried showing me what "dere" I am... a mixture of bokukko/dandere/kuudere/tsundere.

History: Forced to join the ARKS by her parents to continue the legacy as "Hunters". Equipped with her great (x5) grandmother's Guld Milla, she sets out to helps those she can... whether she likes it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Guess I'll give this a go. Never really tried an RP before.

Name: Ayumi (I'm sure we don't need last names, right?)

Appearance:
    Spoiler!

Race: Human (Actually Newman, but after a horrible accident at a young age causing surgery done to ears, not much know the actual race.)

Personality: Ugh... if I had to go by a chart someone listed for me (as they tried showing me what "dere" I am... a mixture of bokukko/dandere/kuudere/tsundere.

History: Forced to join the ARKS by her parents to continue the legacy as "Hunters". Equipped with her great (x5) grandmother's Guld Milla, she sets out to helps those she can... whether she likes it or not.
    Ayumi has been approved and added to the list! Last names are optional

My turn~

Name: Kuro Nakamura(中村、黒)

Appearance: Kuro has dark skin with smooth black hair. He is usually seen dressed up in uniform.

Spoiler!

Race: Human

Personality: Kuro is a serious man who takes pride in the Ark's and their accomplishments. He actually has a little bitterness towards people who think exploration and missions are fun due to a haunted failure after his graduation to become a first time explorer amongst the stars. Due to this he is very careful on who he selects to go on missions with or who to send. He tends to get easily wrapped up inside of his own agenda, unable to take much advice from other people. However, deep down he has true passion to serve the people and to protect everything that the explorer colony stands for. He will stop at nothing to protect those that he cares about and will risk anything to stop harm amongst his allies. He cares deeply for his family, however there is a little resentment with his parents due to their harsh push on him becoming a high rank official in the Ark fleet.

History: Kuro was born to serve as a leader amongst the ARK force and trained from early childhood to become a high ranking official. His parents had urged him to be something great, so he passed his tests and fighting aptitude tests with great dedication and honor for his family. "To become something great takes accepting yourself." Was a quote his father used to tell him and he has gone by this code since then. Right when he graduated to his leadership position, his parents retired from their jobs so Kuro could focus on his career without caring for them. Kuro is an only child, and most of the time he spent his time away from other youth due to his parent's strict household rules. He was nothing more than his parent's dream. When he went on his first mission, Kuro had found reality was more than his knowledge could handle. During the mission, he and his three underlings embarked on a mission to search for a missing team on Naberius, only to find he had more than he could chew. With selfish action, Kuro pushed his team to keep forcing progression despite the danger ahead and led his team into severe hazardous territory. Lives were lost. Three to be exact. His team was abolished by a dark force, something powerful that Kuro had been selfish to take on himself. Kuro barely able to escape with severe wounds and in retreat, was left to watch his team mates die behind him... Currently, Kuro spends his time commanding other people to go on missions rather than himself, although at times he will step up to help protect a team. He is very cautious of who goes on missions or not.
    Last edited by Dai-RPG; Aug 15, 2015 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-RPG View Post
    For me, CASTs are just purely androids with self awareness. Both Casts and Newmans from my understanding were experiments that humans made to advance civilization, but I could be wrong since I'm new to the franchise.

For plot by the way, I was thinking that maybe there could be some sort of rebellion within the ARKs themselves. Like maybe a group of people think that exploration is a good thing, where as other ARK members have a conspiracy about the efforts of their fleet. Not sure if that would be an idea to expand on.
    Are we still fighting Darkers? As I recall the main plot point of PSO2 is that many of the ARKS are exploring distant worlds in order to combat the Darkers. Many of the indigenous species are indeed very hostile and territorial, but the Darker influence often causes the wildlife in large areas of the planets to go out of control. I believe some of the ARKS quests have you go into an area on a planet due to Darker infection driving the natives insane. Notably on planet Amadusca with the Dragonkin, and Naberius, which used to be a training ground for ARKS but is now quarantined in many areas due to Darker outbreaks.

It would seem out of character for ARKS to rebel and fight amongst each other, especially when the organization was created to combat the Darkers that are spreading throughout the galaxy. But that's just what I've gotten from the story so far. The origins of ARKS have yet to be revealed.

I always saw the ARKS as the special forces unit of the colony fleets. Alfin's sister states that in order to become a member of ARKS you have to have photon sensitivity. It is noted by her that there are indeed people without photon sensitivity who are unable to become a member of ARKS, so I'm guessing that the colony ships also make use of a general army that handles more of the heavy lifting, whereas ARKS are only called in when the situation is extremely dire (Magatsu attacks; Dark Falz; Mining Base Defense; etc.) or for scouting operations (exploring new regions of planets via ARKS Quests in-game).
    Last edited by Kokurokoki; Aug 15, 2015 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post
    Are we still fighting Darkers? As I recall the main plot point of PSO2 is that many of the ARKS are exploring distant worlds in order to combat the Darkers. Many of the indigenous species are indeed very hostile and territorial, but the Darker influence often causes the wildlife in large areas of the planets to go out of control. I believe some of the ARKS quests have you go into an area on a planet due to Darker infection driving the natives insane. Notably on planet Amadusca with the Dragonkin, and Naberius, which used to be a training ground for ARKS but is now quarantined in many areas due to Darker outbreaks.

It would seem out of character for ARKS to rebel and fight amongst each other, especially when the organization was created to combat the Darkers that are spreading throughout the galaxy. But that's just what I've gotten from the story so far. The origins of ARKS have yet to be revealed.

I always saw the ARKS as the special forces unit of the colony fleets. Alfin's sister states that in order to become a member of ARKS you have to have photon sensitivity. It is noted by her that there are indeed people without photon sensitivity who are unable to become a member of ARKS, so I'm guessing that the colony ships also make use of a general army that handles more of the heavy lifting, whereas ARKS are only called in when the situation is extremely dire (Magatsu attacks; Dark Falz; Mining Base Defense; etc.) or for scouting operations (exploring new regions of planets via ARKS Quests in-game).
    Depends I guess... my first option that most people agreed to was this one:

"The first approach would be to create a story unique to the PSO2 universe, but with our own twist. The races and planets would be the same, but the actual plot itself will be completely different since our characters would be heavily involved in the plot rather than the NPCs themselves. Heck, if we even wanted we could reuse some of the current zones as new planets if we so desire."

To me, the actual plot so far doesn't make too much sense to most people yet. Yes the Ark fleet was created to combat the Darkers in the game's story, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions. But overall I would think that the Darkers would be a vital reason for the Ark to set out on it's embark. but what I meant by the opposition thing was a group of people that question whether to go out or not.

Maybe these group of people think that the darkers are actually a natural way of evolution like the rest of the universe... or maybe they are actually darkers created to disguise themselves in Ark to destroy them from the inside intellectually. Maybe the Ark plan has already been set into motion, but a selected few wish to not disturb the natural occurrence. Of course, that doesn't have to be the plot, it was just something I thought about. Sorry if that sounds confusing btw xD

But, if we build this RP in a little more original format, I think we can use what's already in the game and create something new and fresh while not venturing too far out of the PSO2 universe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys have any other ideas?
    Last edited by Dai-RPG; Aug 15, 2015 at 01:01 AM. Reason: LOL sorry for editing my posts so much, don't want to double post