Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i'm using the f310, since its an xinput emulation i didnt have issues, wasnt expecting that ms hardware would fuck up tho.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I'm having this problem with DS4Windows and a PS4 controller. It worked fine just weeks ago, but now that I did a clean install it doesn't work at all. The calibration is always detected as the stick being in the up position, and I can't use the right stick for the camera at all. It's really annoying and I'm angry I'll have to waste my last week of Premium over this random issue.

Can't speak for the PS4 pad, but as I said; its not fucked up so to speak. What happens is a lot of games, like PSO2, are designed around the 360 controller's rather inelegant Windows driver set up which set the triggers up as a single axis. On a scale of 0-256, it would sit at around 128 normally and go up or down depending on what trigger you press. This means because of Microsoft's own driver you inherently could NOT use both triggers at the same time.

The Xbone's new driver fixes this issue by separating each trigger into its own axis, but in return games that worked around Microsoft's old controller triggers and don't have a proper way to assign axis inputs (see: PSO2 and a number of lazy PC ports) have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamishi View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I'd mention that I made a post about this on Microsoft's Uservoice page.

Go there, vote for the idea, and hopefully we'll get it boosted high enough that they can give us better drivers!

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/28...ne-controllers

(as others have mentioned, this may have more to do with older games not figuring out how to work with dual-axes triggers, but what chance do we English-speakers have of getting Sega to listen to our Xbox One controller woes? :P )
    As I said before, the old driver is still there. Its not hard to set up. Its literally like 4 steps. There's not much point in petitioning Microsoft.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    As I said before, the old driver is still there. Its not hard to set up. Its literally like 4 steps. There's not much point in petitioning Microsoft.
    I'm currently using the old driver, and that's fine, but if I can convince MS to release a driver that supports both options, why not try?

Whenever my OS updates (fast ring Insider member) it automatically puts the new driver back in. It's not that it's difficult for me to install the old driver, it would just be nicer if I didn't have to. :P