Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunslash Love?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

The reason I don't like it is because it doesn't specialize in anything. No matter where you use it, there's a weapon that can do what you're doing better. Generally speaking.
    Of course, there are some people who love it for just that reason. I've seen videos where gunslashes wrecked things. It's a general use weapon, and if that's what you like, then use it for that. Most people just prefer having different weapons for different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Shared skill tree incoming. Episode 4 hype
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post
    Here's to hoping that it will boost the synergy between weapons.

I kinda wish we had skills that would let us charge the gear of other weapons while we use our main.
    Shared Skill Tree?
    I'm intrigued, can you show me this?

Quote Originally Posted by KroDragon View Post
    Shared Skill Tree?
    I'm intrigued, can you show me this?
    It's not a thing.

Always imagined Gunslash gear would allow it to borrow attributes from your main class.

EX:
    Techer: Wand gear + lovers would convert R-atk into S-atk, and do R-atk explosions
    Ranger: Aim Shot gains Homing Emission's seeking, weak bullet and bullet keep can be applied when at max gear.

So I was gonna say "Sure gunslash is viable". But that reminded me. We (and by we I mean literally every online game community I've seen) need to stop using the word "viable" without specifying what we mean viable FOR. There's a big difference between being Viable for VH TACOs at level 75/75, vs being viable for XH magatsu speed runs, vs being viable for juggling oodans.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

It should be mentioned that there are cases where gunslashes are necessary. Hunters may need them to take out ranged targets (switches in lilipa TA come to mind), rangers may need them to take out closeby enemies, and forces may need them to regenerate TP without getting close to an enemy.

I only use queen vera, and only to regenerate pp. Occasionally pull it out for Julius Nifta damage, but that's about it.

I like to relive the old Additional Bullet days sometimes when no one is looking :c
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by KroDragon View Post
    The thing about that: the Gunslash has a shift option already, being able to turn into a ranged weapon. A "gear" would be a class specific thing, wouldn't it? Like how Techers have Wand Gear or Bouncers have Dual Blade/Jet Boot Gears
    Couldn't they just make gear like Sword gear?That way you don't have to worry about the shift action.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    It should be mentioned that there are cases where gunslashes are necessary. Hunters may need them to take out ranged targets (switches in lilipa TA come to mind), rangers may need them to take out closeby enemies, and forces may need them to regenerate TP without getting close to an enemy.
    All of those classes have better ways to handle these situations. Hunter's got PAs like Kaiser Rise and Sacred Skewer, Ranger has Gravity Bomb and PAs like Glory Rain and Cosmos Breaker, and the current game's huge PP pools make PP regeneration with a GS much less useful for Force than it used to be (although it can still be useful).

Currently Gunslash does not excel in any area and can't even call itself a well rounded weapon because other weapons are better at being well rounded while also excelling in some areas. They're honestly pretty bad, and Sega regularly prioritizes class balance over weapon balance, so they're likely to stay this way for a long time.

After all, Kreisenchlag has been dealing half its intended damage since EP3 started.