Page 504 of 758 FirstFirst ... 4404454494501502503504505506507514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 7578

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Lots of stars isn't a factor, because you're limited to one Nyau chip per element per Op star refresh. the only real explanation left after that is just that they have way too many medals to count, or insane luck.

Well, there IS the possibility that they got so many stars that they just bought a Nyau of every element at every star refresh without having anything to use them on.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

I assume Facet FoliaEX is the reason ディヴァルクス is 8mil?

It's not even the EX version that's OP, it's the lower tier ones that are just as much so. I've been hitting 50m with 2 attack pse and an 8* variant vs lightning weak, and 20-30 vs the others with only 150-210 element. I'm using yami+gun salute seraphy+avenger though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheszNuts View Post
    I assume Facet FoliaEX is the reason ディヴァルクス is 8mil?
    Pretty much, but every variant. Even the Rig Daggers which were worth very little prior to the update (8m on ship 2 at the time) shot up in price, 50m each. Gotta have that All class trait, as opposed to being locked down to Fighter.

FF itself in all its variant is OP, and I would wager the 8* variant is the real OP one, because it costs much much less to equip, allowing you to equip a wider selection of useful chips. (FF2 is 6? CP. Meanwhile, FF3 costs 14, and EX costs 16)

Pretty much, but every variant. Even the Rig Daggers which were worth very little prior to the update (8m on ship 2 at the time) shot up in price, 50m each. Gotta have that All class trait, as opposed to being locked down to Fighter.

FF itself in all its variant is OP, and I would wager the 8* variant is the real OP one, because it costs much much less to equip, allowing you to equip a wider selection of useful chips. (FF2 is 6? CP. Meanwhile, FF3 costs 14, and EX costs 16)
    As a comparison to this, rig phase (which prior to this week was around 30m each) and sigma phase (which was around 50-80m), have respectively dropped to less than 5m and and 25m. The real appeal of Facet Folia, even if you factor in the detriment of it being a melee pa, are the following points:
    - The PA has an initial homing attack, and a secondary extremely large homing attack for the last hit
    - It has a remarkably large AoE, so even if an enemy moves out of your immediate range, it's still going to be hitting it
    - It comes out faster than Elder Rebellion.
    - Most importantly, it has an insane amount of I-frames.

The last point in particular is the real key. Lets say the instant you using ER banther goes into his jump swipe animation which causes knockdown if it hits. With ER, you'd have to cancel after only doing roughly 30-50% of your PA's damage. With FF, if the same thing happened (the instant you started using it he'd go for it), you'd probably still be in I-frame duration when the swipe comes out, leaving you dealing damage for the whole duration while dodging an extremely dangerous attack (in the sense of knockdown = large damage loss). It's even more that if you saw him lining up to do it, you could even start it after, because the I-frame window is so large and the only points you can get hit are the initial startup and before the final hit where dodge cancelling is possible.

I will say this though, FF still sucks in comparison to ER for doing EX missions.

I will say this though, FF still sucks in comparison to ER for doing EX missions.
    Ex Mission, I actually like to use Gi Grants, high chance to put light status on them, etc.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

After a week of doing this EQ (I just finished up now, after getting my 6th ideal duos), I can't help but say this: If sega keeps things the way they are, things are not looking good for es' future.

This weeks EQ shows how screwed up the current system is. Sega went from "send out requests to your friends and have them help you!" where the 'standard' request was generally a SH of varying health, depending on who sent it. You always knew what you were in for with that: standard boss weakness and light. If you were ranking, (like I did last eq) you could basically just go in with a loadout that targets either because you'll end up running significantly more SH than VH. This time around, I think I saw maybe 2 VH requests, absolutely nothing lower, many SH requests that went unfulfilled, and so many XH requests that I could pick whichever element I could do the most damage against. Factor the huge variety to pick from, along with XH giving score*4 points, for rankings EQs would quickly spiral down to "I get the most points from this element because I can onepass it/deal huge damage to it, I will ignore everything that isn't that element".

The massively increased damage people are capable of thanks to facet folia being completely ridiculous (putting onepass into the realm of possibility for those whose wallets are quite wide, or have been blessed by RNG repeatedly), means that future rankings will essentially come down to who spent the most money (as if it didn't already, really) to get a god tier onepass loadout for all relevant elements that EQ. Even this week which wasn't a ranking, I found myself choosing to ignore a good amount of XH requests until they were in the range I could finish them off (if an undesirable element), or of an element I could heavily damage. I pretty much only did requests when I had no XH to do or triggers of my own to run, or as a "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" style thing for those who had polished off my SH triggers that I'd sent out. People seemed to ignore XH triggers that had little damage done to them, since they gave off the impression of "it might not get finished". That doesn't bode well going into future EQs.

A couple of random points:
    - I don't believe many would've noticed, is that the rank timer for the XH triggers starts the moment you unlock it, not after you start the quest to slay it.
    - The goal line for XH was approximately 3.9 million damage.

I can't help but wonder how they'll fix it. I tallied the scores, and scored almost 6x the amount I did in the ranking. If I were to scratch all my points, I'd easily be sitting on 171 SH triggers. They need to fix several things, like the inability to scratch an entire box in one fell swoop, the inability to discard from the present box directly, the 50 friend limit, triggers being tied to character that it was sent to rather than the account, and the nicest would be "display account name rather than character name" so you can actually see who sent the damn thing in the first place.

tl;dr sega fucked up hard.

I agree on pretty much all of those points you made, and I was seeing it myself - all Wind weakness and Light weakness requests were pretty rare to find, or they didn't last very long, while you saw a huge abundance of the Lightning type (I don't mind running lightning, since I can deal with all types just as equally; but I ended up having to clear my own lightning requests).

I'm pretty sure Sega figured something like this would happen as well, hence pulling the Ranking event away from this EM session. How they fix this, well, lets leave that to them, because the es team has been pretty good about finding that right balance, despite our initial complaints.

That said, they aren't so good about PA/Tech balance. Regarding the issue that is Facet Folia now, the problem is that now that they have made Facet Folia as OP as it is, what can they do to fix it? They can't nerf the chip, because it actually goes against Japanese law for them to even nerf or negatively impact that chip directly. They can't just add in Weapon Resistance, because that would affect 2 other PAs, and they can't just boost the other PAs because then Facet Folia is still in its busted state. If they boost the other PAs to overcome the resistance, well that would lead to some even more broken PAs on targets without those resistances.

Perhaps the only way they get out of this mess is to break everything? At the very least it certainly felt a lot more fun.

I agree on pretty much all of those points you made, and I was seeing it myself - all Wind weakness and Light weakness requests were pretty rare to find, or they didn't last very long, while you saw a huge abundance of the Lightning type (I don't mind running lightning, since I can deal with all types just as equally; but I ended up having to clear my own lightning requests).

I'm pretty sure Sega figured something like this would happen as well, hence pulling the Ranking event away from this EM session. How they fix this, well, lets leave that to them, because the es team has been pretty good about finding that right balance, despite our initial complaints.

That said, they aren't so good about PA/Tech balance. Regarding the issue that is Facet Folia now, the problem is that now that they have made Facet Folia as OP as it is, what can they do to fix it? They can't nerf the chip, because it actually goes against Japanese law for them to even nerf or negatively impact that chip directly. They can't just add in Weapon Resistance, because that would affect 2 other PAs, and they can't just boost the other PAs because then Facet Folia is still in its busted state. If they boost the other PAs to overcome the resistance, well that would lead to some even more broken PAs on targets without those resistances.

Perhaps the only way they get out of this mess is to break everything? At the very least it certainly felt a lot more fun.
    Well, Chen-san(Director/producer of PSO2es) will be in the next live broadcast, maybe they'll do a Q&A or shed some more info on the total imbalance they've started...wwwww
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-