Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

While I do wish they were some sort of PVP, where there is competition, there's drama. I'm afraid unless the classes are re-balanced for PVP, it's wont happen. It's pretty obvious that the people who will win are the ones with weak bullet.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    I've seen in many mmorpg's pvp combat system is tweaked a whole lot and mechanics are different.

The only thing i'm worried about is that there is no aerial evasion in this game, You can't escape in midair, which means someone can combo you forever in the air after the knock you up with... for example tsukimi sazanka (katana PA) and then he can just combo you forever with normal attack in air.

If they added a Aerial escape mechanic that uses PP, it can act as a cooldown for ae's that has to be timed properly to not waste pp. And i think in pvp, pp should be capped/equalized as well.

health would be multiplied 10 fold, and damage would be equalized so that matches would be more interesting, involving comboing instead of a hit and run tactic.
    What I meant bout imbalance is towards how they will implant it if they do.

-If PvP keeps our class and gear, skills, etc. then no doubt it'll be imbalance.
    -If it gets implanted like C Mode then issue would be on balancing how to get the gears.
    -You can say they can implant PvP like in PSU but even then that was very imbalance.

Even if they add in a aerial escape, it having a CD will still make it a bit moot if you can't capitalize during that CD. Honestly just giving a player invisibility frames after a hit or 2 or 3 until they get up would just be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    While I do wish they were some sort of PVP, where there is competition, there's drama. I'm afraid unless the classes are re-balanced for PVP, it's wont happen. It's pretty obvious that the people who will win are the ones with weak bullet.
    you cant balance anything right now without nerfing crafted weapons. right now pso 2 is like yugioh(abusing archetypes to summon overpowered staple's) in this case the archetype being abused is Fi and the staples are whatever weapon you want to use. for pvp to even have a chance of being good i think it would basically need to be like a 3d version of leauge and you use a hero instead of your own character
    Last edited by Alisha; Mar 1, 2015 at 11:26 PM.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    What I meant bout imbalance is towards how they will implant it if they do.

-If PvP keeps our class and gear, skills, etc. then no doubt it'll be imbalance.
    -If it gets implanted like C Mode then issue would be on balancing how to get the gears.
    -You can say they can implant PvP like in PSU but even then that was very imbalance.

Even if they add in a aerial escape, it having a CD will still make it a bit moot if you can't capitalize during that CD. Honestly just giving a player invisibility frames after a hit or 2 or 3 until they get up would just be as good.
    But the thing is that Aerial evasions need to be timed and evaded in the right direction, meaning, you can jump out of your enemies attacks with a .3 second iframe, but you must jettison in the right direction so he doesn't recatch you into his combo again. It's not just a free I frame like you stated.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

is it just more, or have you just noticed that jpn people are just very uncompetitive?
    Say that to the fighting game communities they have. Most of the best fighting game players are Japanese. The main exception I can think of is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and that's more to the lack of popularity in Japan compared to America.

Also, I sincerely doubt that Dragon Nest has PvP anywhere close to the level of competitive Smash Bros. Melee's competitive scene is still evolving and it was released over a decade ago.

the only way PVP could work is making a inovated version of PSO ep3 card revolution :P

Would be better if they brought out pvp exclusive classes; let's say Fortehunter, Forteranger and Forteforce; with their own set of premade PAs. Maybe give forces exclusive use of dam techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Say that to the fighting game communities they have. Most of the best fighting game players are Japanese. The main exception I can think of is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and that's more to the lack of popularity in Japan compared to America.

Also, I sincerely doubt that Dragon Nest has PvP anywhere close to the level of competitive Smash Bros. Melee's competitive scene is still evolving and it was released over a decade ago.
    wo wo wo, slow down cowboy, no need to push your weeb on me so fast.
    And if you really want to know how detailed dragon nest pvp is compared to Smash bros. try it before you say anything. And when i say try, I mean get to level 50+, then enter pvp, you'll be in for quite a surprise. it is best described as an dungeon based mmorpg that concentrates on combat and nothing else. I'd dare say it is the one mmorpg that has the most detailed combat system ever.

I hate to quote other people on youtube, but if you ever watch freeMMoStation, MMoHut, MMObomb, they play a shitton of different mmorpg's out there, including ones not released in NA, and they all agree upon the fact that Dragon nest has the #1 combat system in an mmorpg.

If you've ever played vindictus, it has that feel but more aoe, and SA break timing, and skill cooldowns.

I just feel like PSO2 has the potential to really get out there and bring an awesome pvp combat system that's unique and fun, imagine the weapon switch combos that can be made.
    Last edited by infiniteeverlasting; Mar 1, 2015 at 11:49 PM.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

wo wo wo, slow down cowboy, no need to push your weeb on me so fast.
    And if you really want to know how detailed dragon nest pvp is compared to Smash bros. try it before you say anything. And when i say try, I mean get to level 50+, then enter pvp, you'll be in for quite a surprise. it is best described as an dungeon based mmorpg that concentrates on combat and nothing else. I'd dare say it is the one mmorpg that has the most detailed combat system ever.

I hate to quote other people on youtube, but if you ever watch freeMMoStation, MMoHut, MMObomb, they play a shitton of different mmorpg's out there, including ones not released in NA, and they all agree upon the fact that Dragon nest has the #1 combat system in an mmorpg.
    Going off your reply, I take it you don't follow competitive fighting game scenes at all and lack both understanding and respect of Japanese culture. Splendid. I'll keep in mind to disregard any opinions you give of fighting games then, since you clearly have little to no experience with them.

Unless someone more reputable states that those websites are accurate, I don't really have anything to say. Never mind that #1 MMORPG in terms of combat doesn't mean that it's close to comparing with a proper fighting game's PvP, the last time you cited something in reply to me (the Fate/Zero review), it was full of ignorant, uneducated bullshit. Don't see any reason to expect anything else out of other reviews you bring up.