Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Atbar View Post
    I missed my chance to play it.
    ^this

The chance to properly enjoy it; spent too much time lobbying. Can't wait for a working private server so I can get a second chance.

I miss the game allot as well, the art style(I just love how characters looked in PSU) the trills of hunting weapons by tweaking the spawns, eggthiefs, the events, PA training and allot more.
    Imo PSU was the most fun when it was nearing its end on the PC, you knew everyone so when you joined a party you where sure you had fun with nice people who where dedicated to play.

One thing I don't get nowadays tho... When PSU was still online allot of people complained about the game and how much PSO was better and went on not playing it until the next update.
    And these days allot of people say how good the game actually was and how they miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbog View Post
    One thing I don't get nowadays tho... When PSU was still online allot of people complained about the game and how much PSO was better and went on not playing it until the next update.
    And these days allot of people say how good the game actually was and how they miss it.
    Probably because a lot of people who disliked the game moved on either early on or later on during the game's cycle. They already voiced their displeasure about the game and that's that. There's little reason to bother continuing to insult a flawed game when it's down since its impact on things is known.

At this point, the fans of the game are going to come together and talk about things that made them happy about the game. That's all there is to it for the most part.

To be on topic, the only two things I miss about PSU is my Cast's look and my rather...interesting experiences with the people of PSU. Oh, and some of the events were actually decent.

I miss the community that it had. There were always colorful people who made that game enjoyable. Sadly no mmo I find can deliver that kind of experience. Everyone's is all about endgame and getting the best of anything in something as in PSU people were kind of did their own thing and didn't really care about having the best of the best. Everyone just enjoyed playing and being around each other.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

It obviously did well enough to stay online for 6 years and free in Japan for something like 2-3 of them. I just miss the game as a whole. It was my main game for quite awhile. I still haven't found anything to replace it.
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDragon2332 View Post
    It obviously did well enough to stay online for 6 years and free in Japan for something like 2-3 of them. I just miss the game as a whole. It was my main game for quite awhile. I still haven't found anything to replace it.
    it stayed online for 6 years because it had a 6 year plan from what I remember what the developers saying just a few months after launch. To be honest though I probably would have preferred it if the game died with the PC/PS2 server so I could remember the game as "ok" instead of seeing the BS updates we got in the last 2 years that people were ok with. Anyone that can even defend the reskinned of reskinned weapons as "new content" is out of there f..king minds.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    it stayed online for 6 years because it had a 6 year plan from what I remember what the developers saying just a few months after launch. To be honest though I probably would have preferred it if the game died with the PC/PS2 server so I could remember the game as "ok" instead of seeing the BS updates we got in the last 2 years that people were ok with. Anyone that can even defend the reskinned of reskinned weapons as "new content" is out of there f..king minds.
    I'm mainly talking about JP, I dropped 360 when the first reskinned weapons happened because I knew 360 was going to get screwed. I don't understand how anyone could defend that, but fanboys are everywhere. I'm sure it was more Microsoft being anal about pushing the updates.
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

MS had little to do with the updates outside of their policies on patch sizes for example. That was entirely Sega's fault.

Even if the game supposedly did well (Which I doubt, since they'd say something about it), the damage on the popularity of the PS games has already been done internationally.