Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gent of Piss Bulgereek Nookstain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    What are you guys talking about. I almost never relied on melee on my PSO force. Techniques were almost infinitely more powerful.
    Depends on which class/episode/version you were playing, but melee was much more powerful than techs in many situations in PSO, mostly thanks to some extremely broken weapon specials.

Yeah in most cases a fo was just a heal/buff/debuff slave.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Well as I said in my OP, you can chalk it up to my jumping the gun. But I must say, back when I played PSO as a FOnewearl a saber just wasn't an option, not enough ATP until at least level 10. I just saved up my meseta from drops and kept making trips for fluids, and at 5 TP per foie, I got way more mileage in my lower levels than the Force appears to be in these videos, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by BioWarrior View Post
    If you look at the force skill tree there's a tree section for increased PP and faster regen.
    I've yet to see the force skill tree. Can anyone tell me which video I can find it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    I've yet to see the force skill tree. Can anyone tell me which video I can find it in?
    Dunno where a video of it would be, but here is the Alpha Test Force Skill tree:

• Flame Mastery > Photon Flare > Flame Tech S Charge > Flame Mastery 2
    • Mirage Escape
    • Ice Mastery > Freeze Ignition > Ice Mastery 2 > Freeze Tech Boost
    • Bolt Mastery >PP Convert > Bolt Mastery 2 > Bolt Tech PP Save
    • PP Up 1 > Tech Up 1 > Mind Up 1 > PP Up 2 > PP Regenerate

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

In my opinion...

Hunters : They're pegged as the beginner class because they're easy to use. Plain and simple. They're powerful, they have nice defense, and most of them can use magic. They dab in a bit of everything.

Rangers: They're Intermediate characters because you actually have to do more than just press the attack/heavy attack buttons to get any use out of them. You have to use the special stuff for damage. Like Flame Shot or Shadow Shot, or confuse ect ect

Forces: They're Advanced because they die easy, you have to figure out which elements to use and how to use them, and above all else you really have to know the game to survive with them. Fluids in PSO costed tons of money, so if you didn't know how to save money you were just screwed.
    ...That's what I said. You have the quote right there. XD
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

oh

well there we go lol

Well I know how in PSO that Forces were forced into support/melee due to absurd resistances encountered in harder difficulties.

In PSZ, Melee is a surprising good option for Forces as Rods/Wands/Slicer use MST instead of ATP and they have some interesting PAs.

What are you guys talking about. I almost never relied on melee on my PSO force. Techniques were almost infinitely more powerful.
    Level 1306 Mag confirmed.
    x99 Monofluid/Difluid/Trifluid confirmed.

I actually like the idea of FOs being more battle centric this time around, makes it more exciting to have to know your position on the field at all times and know that even though you gotta jump into the fray you gotta be careful because one mistake = pwned! I welcome more dangerous excitement, I might even go FO main this time around.

Why have a melee force when you can have a mid-range force specialization where they are in the faces of their enemies throwing fire knocking monsters on their asses or freezing them.