Page 253 of 333 FirstFirst ... 153203243250251252253254255256263303 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3323

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Comparable to Skull. With Crit Field it's slightly better, without it's slightly worse. I think I have a chart on my blog, on mobile so can't link
    Not mentionning that Skull is much much easier to bring to 60% elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by dekopong View Post
    you can turn around while firing Sat Aim after the update
    About time. Now it makes even more sense to use Gunner as an aerial fighter. They just need to friggin change Aerial Advance for a boost when YOU are in the air, not the ennemies -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I CANT LOOK AWAY, HALP!
    Last edited by Searaphim; Oct 2, 2015 at 07:24 AM.

@Maninbluejumpsuit
    Yeah, it was really long.. But I'm glad that we are finally getting it.

@Kondibon
    (´@ω@`) Mesmerizing..!

Quote Originally Posted by Searaphim View Post
    *snip*

They just need to friggin change Aerial Advance for a boost when YOU are in the air, not the ennemies -.-
    *STARING AT INFINITE FIRE* I wonder why they are not going to adjust Infinite Fire, if they are convinced to make Gu an air fighter.

Whatever, Aerial Advance is indeed a strange skill. In the beginning, probably SEGA was trying to make "launch and kill" a combo, but they failed. I'm curious how they rearrange the skill.

My wild thought of the skill is making it a "sneak attack" skill, like the skills rogues have in a typical RPG. Attacking while the enemy is in the air is basically attacking them while they are in vulnerable position, so gaining bonus when attacking an enemy in vulnerable state is not much far from what it is, I think. And attacking the vulnerable state is synergistic with the chain system. Wouldn't it be nice, having bonus when Magatsu is kneeling down or Dark Ragne is totally down? ... Ah, sorry maybe it is a little too wild...

So what are everyone's thoughts on the gunner buffs so far?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Seems .... more fun o-o Though I think I'm gonna need to re-learn things ..... a lot more weapon switching too, I guess .......

And considering my loadout, probably making use of just 1 Tmg, not 2 like before o-o Iit's only 3 slots for Tmg on my palette though (the other 3 is just utilities .... Shifta, Resta ...... occasional WB / Zanverse + Mini-zondeel (MomentGale) / Shock / Mirage / Launcher use (Anga mostly) / Panic + PP recovery (QueenVera)) o-o

Will try it more tomorrow ......

But, definitely using HeelStab again for sure. That 30% PowerUp and faster charge o-o If only the kick didn't knock up the mobs, that would be even better o-o
    Elder .... yea, should be ok now, it can be used before BulletSquall too .... making sure StandingSnipe is active when you use BulletSquall afterward ....... if you sub Ra too, I guess. Granted, too long for setup.

Also .... I felt I gain altitude when using normal attack mid-air o-o With kinda quick JA use.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Also .... I felt I gain altitude when using normal attack mid-air o-o With kinda quick JA use.
    I think they mentioned making normal attacks have less drop in the air, but overall more variety with the PA's is good.

I haven't had an awful lot of time to really test things out, but here were my initial impressions when I took my GU out for a quick stroll out at SH Quarry:

-Faster S-Roll feels really, really good

-Faster and stronger Shift Period is really nice and appreciated

-Parry/Guard frames added to Reverse Tap make it a safer way to suck enemies up for mobbing. It only it had more suction or we could move while spinning (hopefully they'll make either of these happen via PA customization). Also it would be nice to have its damage scale off ZRA, which IIRC still doesn't

-Parry/Guard frames added to Dead Approach make it a safe way to approach compared to Grim Barrage (especially setting up Reverse Tap on mobs). These and the PP reduction are greatly appreciated on top of the damage increase. Wishful for damage scaling off ZRA like Reverse Tap though but it's great for utility anyways

-Satellite Aim still feels stiff? Am I not doing this right? I can somewhat change direction in between the first and second blast if I'm not using TPS mode. In TPS mode, I can't seem to change direction at all - the PA behaves as it normally would

-Heel Stab charge and damage increase is nice but I still feel it falls flat to Sat Aim spam (you have to charge it first, then go through the whole animation to even see decent damage). It might be better for mobbing applications, but the improved Shift Period does a better job of that anyways

-Messiah Time still feels underwhelming. Still need to test it out more but I can't help but fall back on Sat Aim and just dodge as needed. I would only use this for staying on target while blowing through, say, Maggy's palm strike or Loser's time freeze (which can just be S-roll dodged anyways)

-Stronger Elder Rebellion is plain nice. Still remains a solid PA

-Aerial Shooting having guard/parry frames and reduced PP cost is nice, but it's so utility that the damage boost is almost near worthless IMO. I'd rather see the PA get changed to be more like....aerial shooting. It's only good for getting into the air

I'll run some XH content in the future for a more accurate picture of how some of these buffs might play out. Overall I'd say GU gets improved, but nothing that doesn't shift the current meta. Sat Aim and Bullet Squall will probably be the better DPS PAs, Shift Period still the better mobbing PA, and Elder Rebellion for damage from a relatively safe distance or picking off pesky targets. Reverse Tap and Aerial Shooting will still be straight utility PAs.

If other people can take the more neglected PAs that got buffed and find a good use for them that would warrant using them over the more used PAs, then awesome.

I'm of the opinion that GU just needs a whole rework but I'll take these buffs regardless...

I keep reading about guard frames and whatnot for certain PAs. Did the skill tree get anything majorly new to warrant an all skill reset that I probably missed? And is Sroll JA in tree worth getting again? Don't really wanna waste a reset pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    I keep reading about guard frames and whatnot for certain PAs. Did the skill tree get anything majorly new to warrant an all skill reset that I probably missed? And is Sroll JA in tree worth getting again? Don't really wanna waste a reset pass.
    Nope. The only thing they buff on tree is HighTime. 7s to get max bonus damage, from what I see on wiki o-o

I'm not gonna use SkillTreeReset for Gu atm o-o Same tree as before o-o
    well, I still got 4 spare trees for Gu from ...... testing different builds before .... so yeah, just gonna use my spare trees should I'm wrong. But so far, doesn't seems necessary to reset
    Last edited by final_attack; Oct 14, 2015 at 08:04 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I don't have time to switch during stylish JA roll via right hand + numpad anymore.
    It's too fast. That being said, I do like that it's faster because I often use it for repositioning.

I started experimenting with left hand cycling through palettes instead of going directly to a number via numpad.
    Sorta works, depending on the setup.

Hard to tell in the heat of battle, but Satellite Aim seems to change direction just fine for me,
    I hold the direction keys towards the enemy based on camera angle.
    Cheaper cost for Aerial Shooting is very nice.
    Shift Period still feels too slow for my tastes, but faster than before is good.
    Haven't really tried the other stuff yet.