Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    Guys, I'm sure this will eventually be released on 360, and POSSIBLY PS3. I also agree that gaming tends to be better on consoles, but for something like a new PSO, I can see why they chose to go with PC.

When, and if they release it for consoles, I very much hope that all consoles and regions can play together. PSO2 needs the biggest community it can get, and linking everyone together sure would help.
    I think it would be more correct to say that it might eventually be released on PS3, and possibly 360.
    I think it's alot more likely that it would be released for the PS3 instead of the 360 because the PS3 is alot more popular on Japan, and Sony doesn't have problems with multiplatform connection, unlike Microsoft, that isn't even allowing Square Enix to connect the 360 with PS3 and PC for FFXIV.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Awesome.

The info Espio posted implies that PSO2 will be set on Ragol again as the Arkz (from Ep. 3) seem to be part of the game's story. They were the ones most aware of the danger that was Dark Falz.

Still, the game seems to make use of a lot of PSP2's mechanics, what I am still not sure how to feel about. Hope there will be some footage soon so I can get a proper opinion.
    Last edited by GCoffee; Sep 16, 2010 at 12:43 PM.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I think it would be more correct to say that it might eventually be released on PS3, and possibly 360.
    I think it's alot more likely that it would be released for the PS3 instead of the 360 because the PS3 is alot more popular on Japan, and Sony doesn't have problems with multiplatform connection, unlike Microsoft, that isn't even allowing Square Enix to connect the 360 with PS3 and PC for FFXIV.
    You're probably right, I was basing my assumption merely off of how PSU was released on 360, and not PS3 (although it was for PS2). I'm so used to the PS3 being overlooked in the US, it's just what I naturally come to expect lately.

Regardless, I'd love to see it on all three.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

They should launch a Gamecube 2 as well with it :P

Shame its gonna be a PC game though, i kinda hate pc gaming x.x to much lagg and shit unless you have the money to buy uber pc's with uber graphic cards.

Can't wait to see what it will be like though.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Nice seeing all the old forum members creep out of the woodwork to post in this thread. Its great seeing all the old join dates.
    Click On Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    Guys, I'm sure this will eventually be released on 360, and POSSIBLY PS3.
    How are you sure of that at all? I would say virtually zero chance of 360 (because of all the bullshit they have to go through for Live), with a slight possibility of PS3 being added along the way in development.

Here's hoping this stays PC only forever.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    How are you sure of that at all? I would say virtually zero chance of 360 (because of all the bullshit they have to go through for Live), with a slight possibility of PS3 being added along the way in development.
    I have to say I thought this. I'm still surprised so many Japanese games actually make it to the 360.
    Click On Banner

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Yeah, as long as they removed the god awful movements and the "slowdown" you get when you walk next to a monster and the complete 180 "turret turn" you did to move the other way, I'll be all good.

If they did a fusion of the PSP2:i and PSO battle systems that would be great.

Take note guys, this is NOT Miyoshi producing the game. Miyoshi was the one responsible for the steaming horsepile that was PSU and AOTI. Sakai was the one responsible for fixing the game up and producing PSP1 and PSP2 (and now PSP2:i), all of which has been successful when the game was placed under his wing.

Oh, and Sega will most likely go with PS3 for consoles. One because the PS3 is selling almost as much as the PSP is in Japan, and secondly because Microsoft is a bitch about "free" updates (which Sega tries to push out, but is not allowed to due to Microsoft's stupid Live "DLC" policy). Microsoft's ridiculous content update policy about the X360 version was responsible for causing pretty much the death of the Western PC/PS2 version, as content updates were slowed to a crawl because they wanted to make the X360 version (and I quote Clumsy) "on parity" with the PC/PS2 version. Sony is much more flexible about free and frequent content/version updates.

But I don't have doubts that this game will be great. I can't wait!
    Last edited by BahnKnakyu; Sep 16, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I just expect to see it ported to at least one console in the future, is all. I might be wrong, not claiming to be right, it's just what I think will happen. Sega usually releases their big Phantasy Star titles on more than one platform.

I don't quite understand the naysayers saying Sega will mess this up. I agree PSU was a big disappointment. However since then things have only got better.

Going off the quality of PSP<PSZ<PSPo2 things have gone from strength to strength! If PSO2 is better than PSPo2 then it's going to be STELLAR!