Veteran Fighter

You know... I can't even find a smiley that I think is appropriate for a post like this.

I want to type out words that each of you will find in some way both peotic and inspiring... but I'll just !@#$ that up, so I'll do my best to just tell the story and go quietly weep tears of joy in the corner.

Last night I was privy to the one thing I NEVER thought I'd see, no matter what parties would be involved.

We'd all just come back from a level in a V-Hard game... We'd beaten the boss in about 15 seconds, and we were all pretty stoked.

Someone had mentioned some trading earlier, and we all decided it wouldn't be a bad idea, even the new person joining the game.

I couldn't believe my eyes. One person just starts laying out his items on the ground... everything he had. Everything.

Then the next person... and the next... and the last one... In the end, the Pioneer 2 looked like someone had revoked the local littering laws.

We walked as freely among the items as anyone would among their most trusted friends, even tho we'd only met eachother moments before.

Even when yet another player joined, it continued. They were as happy to share as anyone of the rest of us were.

Aside from an Agito lost by someone somewhere in the confusion (which another player later gladly replaced for free) nothing came up missing... No one got ripped off, and every one of us was as close as any guild I've ever seen at the end of the night.

A couple players even decided to switch to a locked game later and trade items between alternate avatars. Imagine the trust involved there...

"Here's about 30 semi-irreplaceable items, I'm gonna drop them and leave them here while I disconnect and reconnect with a character that doesn't have your guild card. It'll be about 5 or 10 minutes until I get back. Keep the game open for me, would you?"

Maybe it's not such a big deal... and yes, it is just a game. But those items (yes even those shitty DBs Sabers we so commonly throw away) represent the hours we've put into the game. When someone runs off with that, they're taking the part of your life that went into that. That's why what we did last night seemed so monumental to me...

Everyone of us was willing to put those hours into the hands of three relative strangers with only the slightest hesitation, and no problems because of it.

*Note* All names, other than my own, remain unmentioned simply to keep them from being taken advantage of for their incredible honesty and generosity. They all know who they are, and they have as much right to be proud of last night as... well... someone who's really proud of something. (I told you I'd !@#$ it up.)

And if you want to praise me, stop right there. These people just as much to do with what happened last night as I did. If they want their names in lights, (and they deserve it) then I'll be happy to give them a standing ovation, but I don't want one for me unless they're right there to accept the applause too.

PSO Assassin

Yeah, I love it when that happens. If you play on the Japanese servers you'll see a lot more of this. After defeating a boss some players will drop so many rares on the ground, to share, the game get's slow and choppy in town ;p.

PSU X360 Warrior

I had a game like that last night. Everyone did some trades and we all were happy. The amazing thing was all of us were americans...*gasp*..could it be. Not all of us are bad..but the bad ones sure gave us a nasty rep.

not gonna lie i woulda ganked some....j/k but i would have a hard time trusting someone i didn't know well

That's really cool, I wish that happened when I played lol.

it's nice to know there are at least SOME trustworthy people out there

Quote Originally Posted by Seutekh View Post
    You know... I can't even find a smiley that I think is appropriate for a post like this.

I want to type out words that each of you will find in some way both peotic and inspiring... but I'll just !@#$ that up, so I'll do my best to just tell the story and go quietly weep tears of joy in the corner.

Last night I was privy to the one thing I NEVER thought I'd see, no matter what parties would be involved.

We'd all just come back from a level in a V-Hard game... We'd beaten the boss in about 15 seconds, and we were all pretty stoked.

Someone had mentioned some trading earlier, and we all decided it wouldn't be a bad idea, even the new person joining the game.

I couldn't believe my eyes. One person just starts laying out his items on the ground... everything he had. Everything.

Then the next person... and the next... and the last one... In the end, the Pioneer 2 looked like someone had revoked the local littering laws.

We walked as freely among the items as anyone would among their most trusted friends, even tho we'd only met eachother moments before.

Even when yet another player joined, it continued. They were as happy to share as anyone of the rest of us were.

Aside from an Agito lost by someone somewhere in the confusion (which another player later gladly replaced for free) nothing came up missing... No one got ripped off, and every one of us was as close as any guild I've ever seen at the end of the night.

A couple players even decided to switch to a locked game later and trade items between alternate avatars. Imagine the trust involved there...

"Here's about 30 semi-irreplaceable items, I'm gonna drop them and leave them here while I disconnect and reconnect with a character that doesn't have your guild card. It'll be about 5 or 10 minutes until I get back. Keep the game open for me, would you?"

Maybe it's not such a big deal... and yes, it is just a game. But those items (yes even those shitty DBs Sabers we so commonly throw away) represent the hours we've put into the game. When someone runs off with that, they're taking the part of your life that went into that. That's why what we did last night seemed so monumental to me...

Everyone of us was willing to put those hours into the hands of three relative strangers with only the slightest hesitation, and no problems because of it.

*Note* All names, other than my own, remain unmentioned simply to keep them from being taken advantage of for their incredible honesty and generosity. They all know who they are, and they have as much right to be proud of last night as... well... someone who's really proud of something. (I told you I'd !@#$ it up.)

And if you want to praise me, stop right there. These people just as much to do with what happened last night as I did. If they want their names in lights, (and they deserve it) then I'll be happy to give them a standing ovation, but I don't want one for me unless they're right there to accept the applause too.

Cool story bro.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

FUCKING PEOPLE AND NECROBUMPING, JESUS. First this was a thread from 2001, then it got bumped a couple days ago by some idiot.

No bumping threads this old, if you please. Keep the bump distance to just a couple months.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe